Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Valor points in 5.4 for what?

Hello,

I just stumbled across the comment that there will be no valor quartermaster in 5.4. So this raises the questions with me what the valor points will then be used for? Only for item upgrades or am I missing something? Do you still plan to cap your valor before 5.4?

Sorry if this was asked before but I could not find an answer via search.

Thanks

Deleted
    To answer your question: Valor will be around for item upgrades and that's about it. Yes I will cap valor before the patch so I can upgrade as many items as possible once progress starts. And no you're not the first to ask. This has been asked over and over again for most of 5.4 ptr.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it will only be item upgrades.
    At this point, there's no reason to expect adding valor gear, it was even announced that it won't happen.
    And yes, I will sure be capping valor. I might be getting some "overcap waste" in first week's raid, but I think that's not too much of a problem.
    Old Gods made me do it.

Deleted
    Good bit of advice is to be capped before the your raid starts and spend 1k worth of valor on something, clear as much as you can within 2 hours then HS upgrade then sell your item back to still be at cap.

I'm actually sorta happy there isn't really anything to do with valor besides upgrades. Unless I get some insane luck with drops/coins then I shouldn't really have to worry about capping it as I'll always have plenty when I need it.

10+ Year Old Account
    they should add vanity items that you can buy with valor. pets / mounts etc.

For example, say i saved up (if possible) 20,000 valor points and buy a Mimiorn's Head mount.

i guess that would infringe on possible blizz store items though.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post

For example, say i saved up (if possible) 20,000 valor points and buy a Mimiorn's Head mount.

Not to mention the fact you can have only 3000 max.

Vanity items would be nice though. something to do with the excess.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post

I would hate that idea for rare mounts like Mimi's Head to be able to be bought for valor points. At any rate I think it would need to be for much more than 20,000 VP, I'd put an absolute minimum of 75,000 VP on it.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Deleted
    While I'd have loved to have seen a new valor vendor, being able to get a 2/2 upgrade on 2 items each week (if you cap a toon) seems like nice pacing.

I understand somewhat why they took the valor gear out, but it takes my grind away and I enjoy having that weekly grind, a goal I can set to achieve.

In an interview on the convert to raid podcast with Hozzikostas he explains that they wanted LFR gear to mean more to LFR raiders because as it currently stands if you get a chest piece from a boss but you have 522 valor chest on already you just end up tossing the LFR chest and thats like 8 pieces of Valor gear that make a majority of LFR gear drops worthless.

However, that 522 gear was something I enjoyed working for, my weekly goal, and it kept me prime for raiding content with my guild. If you take 8 pieces of gear that are 20 ilevels each away thats 160 ilevels worth of gear. I can still raid with LFR gear on but I’m not going to be contributing as much as I could.

I would run a scenario every day, a LFR raid and a heroic scenario every day + raid boss valor to max out for the week, now I won’t be pushing to cap my valor every week. I won’t do the scenarios at all and only do an LFR run if I need the gear, once I get the gear I have no reason to go back in. I’ll only need 500 valor a week to do gear upgrades as I tend to only get 1 piece a week.

Having the goals of valor gear every week kept me busy in game, it took my 6 months to get all the valor gear and get it upgraded to 530 and all my other gear from raiding, thunderforged and the few LFR pieces that I had left. Now I just need to use 500 valor on 15 items? I have 6 months to spend 7.5k valor? Meh.

Looks like I will have lots of time to play FFXIV.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would just prefer them adding a separate currency for upgrades tbh :/

Deleted
    Boa radical mojo would be a nice use for valor and would take some of the edge off gearing alts and for the transmog, no point locking the looks away again.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    I would hate that idea for rare mounts like Mimi's Head to be able to be bought for valor points. At any rate I think it would need to be for much more than 20,000 VP, I'd put an absolute minimum of 75,000 VP on it.
    They wouldn't that ever then again it doesn't mean It's impossible

Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    75k sounds fair, only if you have all cutting edge achievements and full 2/2 heroic gear, that way you're spending the valor as intended and not just have some ilvl 480 alt facerolling 5mans for 75 weeks. seems stupid to allow a random crap geared alt to get highly valued rare mounts for doing 5mans my ele shaman can solo...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I understand somewhat why they took the valor gear out, but it takes my grind away and I enjoy having that weekly grind, a goal I can set to achieve.

In an interview on the convert to raid podcast with Hozzikostas he explains that they wanted LFR gear to mean more to LFR raiders because as it currently stands if you get a chest piece from a boss but you have 522 valor chest on already you just end up tossing the LFR chest and thats like 8 pieces of Valor gear that make a majority of LFR gear drops worthless.

However, that 522 gear was something I enjoyed working for, my weekly goal, and it kept me prime for raiding content with my guild. If you take 8 pieces of gear that are 20 ilevels each away thats 160 ilevels worth of gear. I can still raid with LFR gear on but I’m not going to be contributing as much as I could.

I would run a scenario every day, a LFR raid and a heroic scenario every day + raid boss valor to max out for the week, now I won’t be pushing to cap my valor every week. I won’t do the scenarios at all and only do an LFR run if I need the gear, once I get the gear I have no reason to go back in. I’ll only need 500 valor a week to do gear upgrades as I tend to only get 1 piece a week.

Having the goals of valor gear every week kept me busy in game, it took my 6 months to get all the valor gear and get it upgraded to 530 and all my other gear from raiding, thunderforged and the few LFR pieces that I had left. Now I just need to use 500 valor on 15 items? I have 6 months to spend 7.5k valor? Meh.

timeless isle is the grind you are looking for, you can obtain some rare 535 upgrade item that you can use on the items there, i think it's 1 per week, and a very very rare chance of more in an npcs gamble chest game.

this is basically like valor gear, getting 1 piece of 535 loot per week but making it more entertaining than facerolling some more 5mans or hc scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacebot View Post
    To answer your question: Valor will be around for item upgrades and that's about it. Yes I will cap valor before the patch so I can upgrade as many items as possible once progress starts. And no you're not the first to ask. This has been asked over and over again for most of 5.4 ptr.
    But ain't they resetting it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    Good bit of advice is to be capped before the your raid starts and spend 1k worth of valor on something, clear as much as you can within 2 hours then HS upgrade then sell your item back to still be at cap.
    Or simply raid and once you get an iten - upgrade it and then earn your valor for the week.

If you're capped for valor ie. 3000/3000 you don't earn any valor (since you're capped) not even towards your weekly cap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    Nope. They moved away from that and it has pretty much been confirmed they aren't going back to it this patch either.

Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    I think they stated somewhere Valor will not be reset 5.4. I might be wrong, hopefully someone else will confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    This is great advice. Never thought about doing this before but will definitely be using placeholders for my valor and recommending my teammates do to. Thanks for the tip.

There is no valor reset in 5.4, confirmed on several podcasts. Chilton, GC and Hozz have been doing interviews on podcasts all week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    75k sounds fair, only if you have all cutting edge achievements and full 2/2 heroic gear, that way you're spending the valor as intended and not just have some ilvl 480 alt facerolling 5mans for 75 weeks. seems stupid to allow a random crap geared alt to get highly valued rare mounts for doing 5mans my ele shaman can solo...

- - - Updated - - -

timeless isle is the grind you are looking for, you can obtain some rare 535 upgrade item that you can use on the items there, i think it's 1 per week, and a very very rare chance of more in an npcs gamble chest game.

this is basically like valor gear, getting 1 piece of 535 loot per week but making it more entertaining than facerolling some more 5mans or hc scenario.
    But there is a value in me being over geared facerolling scenarios and LFR, someone who is experienced goes back in and helps get undergeared people through the event quicker so everyone gets what they are looking for faster with less wipes and everyone is happy, they didnt wipe and got gear a little faster and I got valor.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post

The majority of LFR gear will still be useless for alts and casuals since 535 timeless gear will be better than 528 LFR gear like boots, ring, trinket, bracer, necklace and belt.

Plus Blizzard wants you to do flex, not shop.