Infractions, Mods need a lesson or two

All about fairness, stop being so petty in the first place, we all know what abit of power can do to our minds so pipe down a little first of all but if someone does apparently break one of your rules then make sure you are distrubuting these infractions fairly on both parts, like me for example

Some guy randomly jumped to conclusions, putting words into my mouth so for no reason at all was being bitchy towards an innocent post I made so in return I was bitchy back towards him and received an infraction. Scrolled back to his post though and obviously, no infraction for him.

Whoevers in charge of MMO Champion, you might wanna sort ya mods out.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrapbot
    Dear DStrukt,

You have received an infraction at MMO-Champion.

Reason: Flaming
    -------
    Please post more civilly in the future.
    -------

This infraction is worth 5 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/showthread.php?p=22235991
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterday View Post
    You hate this game so much but you've felt the need to enter a WoW dedicated forum and posting such useless and idiotic comment.. Maybe next time just shut up and visit another forum?
    Who said anything about hate? The only hatred I sense is the words you speak you aggressive little adolescent boy, how about you shut up and crawl back under your rock.
    All the best,
    MMO-Champion

(Scrapbot is an automated bot and send this message on behalf of the moderator team. Please do not reply to this message, it will not be seen.)

that is forums for you

you're allowed to indirectly call someone stupid like 5 times, but the second you actually call them stupid you get in trouble for it

solution: stop paying attention to people you dont like

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, Probably because people didn't report his post? I know because I reported your post, but not his, Because you took it to a level it never needed to be on.
    Oh, and posting about moderation is against the rules, Instead of crying here you should PM a site admin and talk about it like grown ups, instead of making spam threads

Yeah mods on most forums / websites are pretty shit so I don't get bothered by it much any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Lol, Probably because people didn't report his post? I know because I reported your post, but not his, Because you took it to a level it never needed to be on.
    I disagree. If you disrespect someone you should expect the same in turn. Punishing only one party instead of both is stupid.

The infraction was appropriate.
    Nothing else to see here folks.

True but he didnt need to say anything in that nature whatsoever, telling me to shut up and go to another forum.. for what exactly? I didnt even say anything offensive at all, feel like a child saying this now but 'he started it'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masochist View Post
    I disagree. If you disrespect someone you should expect the same in turn. Punishing only one party instead of both is stupid.
    No, someone pointed out the obvious, and a little temper was had, and thus, he got infracted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    True but he didnt need to say anything in that nature whatsoever, telling me to shut up and go to another forum.. for what exactly? I didnt even say anything offensive at all, feel like a child saying this now but 'he started it'.
    Seriously, take it to PM with Sunshine I think it is, or one of the others, I've done it before and had infractions overturned, You won't help your case making threads about it

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Yes, post for no other reason but to irritate the poster of the thread.

You are no better than any troll. The topic was made to discuss why he was punished and why the other person was not punished, not if he really deserved to be punished.

- - - Updated - - -

No, someone pointed out the obvious, and a little temper was had, and thus, he got infracted.
    Describing someone's post as "idiotic" is the same thing as calling them an idiot.

The reason I don't post much in reply to the majority of the threads on MMO champion. If you can't be nice it's best to say nothing at all.

Oh, and posting about moderation is against the rules, Instead of crying here you should PM a site admin and talk about it like grown ups, instead of making spam threads
    i'd be ashamed to admit i reported a post

it's LITERALLY only used to troll people, it's not to fix any problems. it's pathetic

Im one of the people who doesnt play WoW that visits this forum almost daily.

edit: im not sure if you were replying to the guy or if you said that, so nvm.

The guy who made fun of people visiting the forum deserves the infraction, not the person who replied.

this forum does like to lock threads far too often, as well as infract people.. Oh well, power corrupts etc etc whatever I don't care that much im only here for like 5 minutes per day.
    Last edited by Trakanonn; 2013-08-29 at 09:06 PM.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    You deserved it. You are solely responsible for any messages posted by your account and someone flaming you is no excuse for flaming back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schicklgruber View Post
    i'd be ashamed to admit i reported a post

it's LITERALLY only used to troll people, it's not to fix any problems. it's pathetic
    Well it's not "LITERALLY" Only used for that, Maybe that's why you do it, But some people do it because at the time, that person needs a time out.

I mean, what you said was cause for an infraction, but I got an infraction a couple of days ago that was completely uncalled for, so I can agree that they need to tone it down. I've seen so many people have posts too short to use, so below two lines they will type /10chars just so they can fit the requirement. Apparently that is completely fine, yet the infraction I received was because apparently my post saying "This this this" in agreement to someone else's response to the OP was too short. I don't understand what rules I broke.

So, I do agree that the mods of this forum have quite a control problem in some aspects. Or the rules are far too strict, either one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Nothing else to see here folks.
    This.

Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0

For the kids, at least?

As someone else mentioned a few times, discussing mod actions on the boards like this isn't allowed. If you have issues with moderation, send a PM to Sunshine or use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page.

Closed.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions