Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blood Elves should have never gotten Warriors. No more classes for Blood Elves. Just play a troll or a tauren and LIKE IT DAMMIT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Likewise forsaken could experiment on captive druids and develop a form of "un-druidism" to match their undead natures. Something like a Blight Druid, that uses hte diseased/undead animal forms, and acheive their spell effects by channeling necromantic energies instead of the Dream. I love the idea of a forsaken shapeshifting by literally breaking and folding their bones, re-knitting their muscles, and incorporating dead animal parts into their bodies, sounds metal as hell.
    'Metal as hell', that make me chuckle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    hey I didn't use proper contractions in a few of my posts. Wanna go back and nitpick those typos too?
    just playin around. got a bit defensive over the poor trolls. they are a proud and noble race.
    Hi

On a related note, it'd be so awesome if some amazing mmo artist could make the druid forms for various non-druid races. Pretty please?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acnoctus View Post
    He's also dead, so there's that.

Plus, it's really his background that makes him so special. He was so attuned to the Light in life that it heeded his call in death. As well, despite his enslavement by the Scourge, he was able to retain his sanity and morals. What he had was not something that could be taught.
    And he can be easily rezzed, like many others undead that have been rezzed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DJKalteraphine View Post
    Blood Elves should have never gotten Warriors. No more classes for Blood Elves. Just play a troll or a tauren and LIKE IT DAMMIT.
    why? it makes perfect sense for Blood Elves to be warriors, and the same with druids

Quote Originally Posted by Toobad View Post
    Nah... Take a look at this fella http://wowpedia.org/Sir_Zeliek

See? Anything is possible.
    If you read if carefuly, you notice that this NPC is almost like a "hero".

All of sudden, there is mass production of "a paladin in life, so strong in his faith, that even in undeath, the power of the light still heeds his call, smiting his foes in battle." and that also "managed to retain his sanity and morals despite his corruption"?

To become a "mass production", it should be able to be as generic and weak as possible. As powerful as a player character can be, there won't be an army of Malfurions, LKs, Tirions, etc., not to mention an army of level 1s...

In the end, possible? Yes. Acceptable? Probably not for many reasons, including the "Paladin vs. Undead" fact that would screw things so much...

The Sunwalker thing, they are Paladins. Just because they rename the Light as Sun doesn't mean that they're not Paladins (and are only considered Paladins for gameplay purposes). The only race with something a little bit diferent from a Paladin (while being a Paladin anyways the entire time and "oficialized" as Paladins at the Sunwell raid patch with the small lore between Liadrin-A'dal in Shattrat and Velen-Liadrin after defeating Kil'jaeden), would be the Blood Elves since they've stolen the light (a Naaru) to power their Blood Knigths (wich pisses most of the Blood Elf society if you remember/play their quest line) and bend it to their will. Will that was against what Light stood for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    If you read if carefuly, you notice that this NPC is almost like a "hero".

All of sudden, there is mass production of "a paladin in life, so strong in his faith, that even in undeath, the power of the light still heeds his call, smiting his foes in battle." and that also "managed to retain his sanity and morals despite his corruption"?

To become a "mass production", it should be able to be as generic and weak as possible. As powerful as a player character can be, there won't be an army of Malfurions, LKs, Tirions, etc., not to mention an army of level 1s...

In the end, possible? Yes. Acceptable? Probably not for many reasons, including the "Paladin vs. Undead" fact that would screw things so much...
    True, that's why i think it would be a good idea to revive Zeliek and use him as a trainer for the forsaken paladins, cause he as a hero himself, could teach others how to weild the light in death, as they once did in live

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    A bear shapeshifting into a bear? Hopefully no, since that would be silly... Eh, then again we already have a human, shifting into a wolf, shifting into a bear/cat/raven/tree...
    Who said they need to transform into a bear

They are perfect to transform into a yak

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    On a related note, it'd be so awesome if some amazing mmo artist could make the druid forms for various non-druid races. Pretty please?
    alas if only I could draw

i would make:
    Night Elf:
    Feral - Panther
    Guardian - Bear
    Aquatic - Sea lion
    Travel - Stag
    Flight - Crow

Tauren:
    Feral - Lion
    Guardian - Aurochs
    Aquatic - Whale
    Travel - Gazelle
    Flight - Eagle

Troll:
    Feral - Raptor
    Guardian - Tricerotops
    Aquatic - Plesiosaur
    Travel - Ovoraptor
    Flight - Pteradon

Gilnean:
    Feral - Wolf
    Guardian - Boar
    Aquatic - Shark
    Travel - Horse
    Flight - Bat

Blood Elf:
    Feral - Lynx
    Guardian - Rhinoceros
    Aquatic - Sea Serpent
    Travel - Strider
    Flight - Dragonhawk

Gnome:
    Feral - Robo-cat
    Guardian - Robo-bear
    Aquatic - Robo-shark
    Travel - robo-stag
    Flight - robo-bird

Goblin:
    Feral - Crab
    Guardian -Turtle
    Aquatic - Sea Horse
    Travel - ???
    Flight - Seagull

Draenei
    Feral - Warp Stalker
    Guardian - Basilisk
    Aquatic - Squid
    Travel - Talbuk
    Flight - Netheray

Sir Zeliek is a special case, as he isn't undead as the others. He is undead obviously, but he retained his own free will, which is remarkable, he doesn't however have control of his own body, which makes it a bit hard honestly. That said, sure we could have an army of vindictive, angry zombies in plate armor... Just kinda sounds and seems like Death Knights already.
    He didn't really retain his free will, per se. He kept his morals and kept the ability to express them (and based on how the other three Horsemen act, it's likely by that point they were corrupt and happy with their state, and therefore sort of had 'free will' as well, as long as they were doing what the Lich King commanded), but he had- like you said- no control over his actions.

So he was all "oh my guys please dont fight us i dont want to hurt you but i'll have too i'm sorry fellas". He didn't WANT to fight and hurt anyone, and he expressed that he didn't want to, but he had to, because he had no free will of movement.

They should have been able all along, since the FARSTRIDERS, use a form of druidism for some of their spells. They already use nature magic. It's just ironic. They make mages available NIGHT ELVES, whom shunned the High Elves for being mages (basically) and now they allow them back. Yet Blizz doesn't allow Blood Elves to be druids.

So much hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    Ok I'll try to find some.
    Only Bears and cats though(except Belfs since I couldn't find a decent Belf bear pic)

Undead Druids:

Cat Form:
    Bear Form: (something like this would be cool lol
    \

Orc Druids:

Bear Form:
    Cat Form:

Belf Druids:

Cat Form:
    Flight Form:

Draenei Druids :
    Cat Form:
    Bear Form:

This was all I could find lol sorry for the huge post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert West View Post
    Well, there are High Elves using druidic magics in lore, and there's a Blood Elf durid in Botanica.

Sure, why not?
    No. They use arcane magic to bend nature to their will.

10+ Year Old Account
    The draneai cat form isn't showing, let me see if i can post it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    No. They use arcane magic to bend nature to their will.
    The blood elf druid in botanica is not using arcane magic, also as it have been said before the BE have good relationship with the nature guardians near their silvermoon (the trends)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    The blood elf druid in botanica is not using arcane magic, also as it have been said before the BE have good relationship with the nature guardians near their silvermoon (the trends)
    They do. Plants are corrupted. It's not nature magic, it's arcane. It just looks like nature magic.

More races should be able to be a druid in general.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    More races should be able to be a druid in general.
    I really want gnome druids with teddy bear and kitten forms. Not even joking.

I do not support this idea. The main difference between Blood and Night Elves was how they formed thier nation. Night Elves were the Sylvan type of elves -while blood elves were the magi- oriented ones. Giving them this class would be another step to erase differences in a way "Lol whatever".

Blood Elves are about arcane magic, and they're still corrupted from fel. i think that's why too big obstacle to leap. From Lore point of view. I also find it unfitting to blood elf priorities and personality. They wouldn't serve the nature, they'd twist it to thier will, and just the look of how thier land and gardenslooks like would give you this idea. Races that can be druid, has to be to some point wild themselves. Blood elf is anything BUT wild. And it's also the reason why they don't fit to the Horde aswell - Horde are tribe oriented society, while Blood elves represent western-like culture, where is no place for old rites, shamanism and druidism (which are considered by them as primitive magics).

and lol at Moon Blade, you remind me of one of those hardcore rp- night elf bigots, my friend talked about when playing alliance. First insult to them was that Troll was the most ancient race on Azeroth and NOT them- Night elves. Another one was that they can be druids, and third- the most hard one to swallow- that they're thier ancestors, they're related. The blow was so low that they still didn't recovered from that. But there is no need to be so insulting and spreading false facts, so I'll lecture you abit :

Trolls grasp nature balance much better than Night elves do- they adapt to nature and environment - unlike night elves ( look what they did with barrens and desolace, they've changed entire eco system at thier will becuase they thought it is better to have trees and forrests, instead of accepting the fact that there have to be different enviroenments and animals which already evolved to live in such conditions). And night elves couldn't accept the life-death circle, they broke that very important part of nature balance. While Trolls see it as another phase in life. So they graps much better the knowledge about nature balance, and the only morons who mess up with it are ironicly night elves.

Trolls live up to 79 years, but they're mature at age 17 while Night elf becomes adult at age 320. If I'd be mean I'd say "Wow ... you guys are slow". Someone at age of 280 years could be still considered immature brat. Why nobody made fun of that yet I have no clue.

Trolls only mutated to Night Elves (mutated becuase it was short process caused by Well of Eternity) , while Night Elves mutated to : Nagas, Satyr, Harpies, and evolved to High Elves (slow process by using arcance magic).

Night elves therefore are easy to change, got corrupted and/or got transformed. While Trolls can embrace many source of powers, and still be the one who pulls for strings(like hexxers), can put down creatures much more powerful than they're and furthermore use their powers afterwards- Like Jin'do the Godbreaker.

I could go on with that, but i think I made my point.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    I do not support this idea. The main difference between Blood and Night Elves was how they formed thier nation. Night Elves were the Sylvan type of elves -while blood elves were the magi- oriented ones. Giving them this class would be another step to erase differences in a way "Lol whatever".

Blood Elves are about arcane magic, and they're still corrupted from fel. i think that's why too big obstacle to leap. From Lore point of view. I also find it unfitting to blood elf priorities and personality. They wouldn't serve the nature, they'd twist it to thier will, and just the look of how thier land and gardenslooks like would give you this idea. Races that can be druid, has to be to some point wild themselves. Blood elf is anything BUT wild. And it's also the reason why they don't fit to the Horde aswell - Horde are tribe oriented society, while Blood elves represent western-like culture, where is no place for old rites, shamanism and druidism (which are considered by them as primitive magics).
    You're right, but there could always be a small group of them, or even that could be something good, let them be druid, but that they use arcane magic with nature magic to be able to control it, and that's how they become druid, but because if that they are not trusted or are critised by the other races that are druids (maybe not trolls)

The Quel'dorei became the Quel'dorei specifically because they rejected druidism in favor of arcane magic so hard that they exiled themselves from Night Elf society and sailed across the sea to Azeroth - and this was before anybody even knew Azeroth was there. The Sin'dorei are just Horde-aligned Quel'dorei, more or less, and there is no room in the lore for a secret sect of Quel'dorei druids to be living outside society like there was with the Highborne. If somebody didn't reject druidism, they wouldn't have left with the Quel'dorei - the Quel'dorei wouldn't have wanted them along either.