Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Blizzard did make retarded changes in the past (night elf mages), I don't have to agree with everything they do in the game. Lore-wise it's bullshit.
    Have you never heard of change? Evolution? There's plenty of things you do today that would've gotten you killed on the spot years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    theres only like 1 Blood elf Druid in the game, so far and he is a bad guy who Used and abused nature, Which is something druids are against. Plus With regards balance, 1 allaince race would need to be able to make druids too, and i know many will say Gnomes >_>
    Um, duh. That is the basis for many race/class combinations including at one point blood elf paladins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard did make retarded changes in the past (night elf mages), I don't have to agree with everything they do in the game. Lore-wise it's bullshit.
    again we disagree, i don't think Night Elf mages were a mistake either, especially as they were justified as Shandralar Highborne who had live in hidding since the sundering.

While I could see it happen if they would explain it Lore-wise (As in, "Druid" for gameplay reasons, [InsertNameHere] for Lore reasons); I doubt it would be implemented simply due to Race balance.

If the Blood Elves were a rare sight inworld, I would say it would be probable. But they are far from rare as we speak and they would really be a big majority of the Horde playerbase if more classes would be allowed for them. (Or so last events have shown us that players tend to roll Blood Elves.)

Then again, nothing is set in stone, and who knows,.. Blizzard can always set their minds to open all possibilities. Would not be an issue for me, to be honest. Choices are good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blood elves did have druids, back before WoW retconned all that. I'd still love to see them deretconned and reintroduced, as the ones who established the protective runestones and used their druidic powers to transform the wildlife in the Eversong Woods to suit their aesthetic preferences. Not to mention, something needs to be done to regrow the Dead Scar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    again we disagree, i don't think Night Elf mages were a mistake either, especially as they were justified as Shandralar Highborne who had live in hidding since the sundering.
    Of course there are some Night Elves practicing arcane. The question is, is your Night Elf Shen'dralar?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    N... no? The reasoning behind Night Elf mages is that there were Highborne still in existence who still practiced Arcane magic, who returned to Night Elf society and began training new mages.

Now, you could argue that anybody would have the capacity to learn how to be any class (well, even then there would have to be exceptions that the lore just wouldn't allow, such as Forsaken druids), but that's a different argument.
    you mean highborne, like those that would become Belves? The fact remains that playable Belf druids are considerably less lore-fucked than playable Nelf mages. Belfs never actively hunted down and destroyed any of their own inclined to druidism, while nelves certainly did that to their mages (minus the ones that became naga, belves, or hid in Dire Maul).

Also, there are pretty good reasons why forsaken should be able to roll a druid, and they all boil down to the fact that just because two groups in game use the same mechanics, doesn't mean they are the same kind of group in lore. IE a Forsaken class that is the exact opposite of a druid, a blight druid or cancer druid, that channels necromantic energy instead of the dream to achieve similar effects. They would be fine lore-wise, but would use the druid toolbox for sake of simplicity game-side.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course there are some Night Elves practicing arcane. The question is, is your Night Elf Shen'dralar?
    is my Dwarf warlock actually Dark Iron Dwarf? I mean she sure as shit doesn't *look* like one, but come one, i am not a RPer, so I don't try too hard to answer questions like 'is my Nelf mage actually a Shen'dralar, or is he just a Darnassian that decided to be taught arcane magic as a young disciple of the of the Shen'dralar' or 'is my Dwarf warlock a Dark Iron dwarf or an Ironforge Dwarf, or is my Shaman actually Wildhammer or Ironforge' because either way, the recent lore would support it. and I have no particular problem accepting new lore as it is provided.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Also, there are pretty good reasons why forsaken should be able to roll a druid, and they all boil down to the fact that just because two groups in game use the same mechanics, doesn't mean they are the same kind of group in lore. IE a Forsaken class that is the exact opposite of a druid, a blight druid or cancer druid, that channels necromantic energy instead of the dream to achieve similar effects. They would be fine lore-wise, but would use the druid toolbox for sake of simplicity game-side.
    Totally metal!

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    you mean highborne, like those that would become Belves?
    Not all of them did, and that has been plain in-game since the introduction of Dire Maul way back when. And the Night Elf starting zone explicitly makes clear that they are training NEW mages, so

The question is, is your Night Elf Shen'dralar?
    is irrelevant.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Real reason? Blizzard doesn't want to have to make Balance a fun spec.

If Blood Elves could be druids, ALL of the Blood Elves would be druids just so they could spec Glyph of Stars and have a constant sparkly effect on their bodies. And then they would ALL complain when they found out how laughably hard Balance is to play well.

Gnome hunters
    Gnome Paladins
    Night elf paladins
    Human Shaman
    could make more sense than a Belf Druid

Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    Night Elves playing arcane were punished with death
    I think anyone speccing into Arcaneis punishable by death these days.

I actually am hoping for the next Druid race for both sides to be Pandaren - Blizzard has said it is possible. I would race-change to a Panda Druid in an instant. (Currently a Tauren.)

meh, I think the Draenei should be able to roll as droods. they do have that quest in their starting area with the furbolgs where they shape-shift to vatious animals to help them out, recton some lore where a handful took on more of the stillpine's teaching or even the nightelves.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    meh, I think the Draenei should be able to roll as droods. they do have that quest in their starting area with the furbolgs where they shape-shift to vatious animals to help them out, recton some lore where a handful took on more of the stillpine's teaching or even the nightelves.
    Except the difference between the Broken and the Draenei is that one is close to nature, but can't feel the Light, whereas the latter is the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Except the difference between the Broken and the Draenei is that one is close to nature, but can't feel the Light, whereas the latter is the opposite.
    like I said, retcon that bich.

With so many race and class options today, I think it's rather poor to not have Blood Elf druids. They could make it possible but they just don't want to because everything in wow needs to be done according to what Metzen and Ghostcrawler think it's "good for the game". Honestly I don't know why we even bother having these conversations, it's obvious that they have their own agenda.

I'd be more supportive of blood elf druids if 90% of the player characters I see in Org weren't blood elves. I don't mind blood elves, but do you really NEED all of your characters to be blood elves? :P You don't see night elf paladin, gnome hunter or tauren rogue threads....

Btw this is like, the 10th thread I've seen on this topic >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    I wonder what a good Draenei/class combo you would suggest
    Perhaps a select group of Draenei Intelligence Officers (the first draenei rogues?)
    dare i even suggest a secret cabal of Draenei Warlocks who think that fel energies can be weilded without becoming Man'ari?
    I wouldn't say Warlocks (simply because the draenei thinking is far different than the cultural taboo other races have against Warlocks), probably Druids as well (as they've been trying to reverse the corruption the crash contaminated everything with).

You have to be at least as manly as a female Night elf to be a druid. And currently male and female blood elfs don't currently reach this expectation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    With so many race and class options today, I think it's rather poor to not have Blood Elf druids. They could make it possible but they just don't want to because everything in wow needs to be done according to what Metzen and Ghostcrawler think it's "good for the game".
    Well, considering they are the leads on it, that's to be expected.

Not that they don't let their personal biases get in the way; it's ridiculous that gnomes can't be hunters, considering every other race in the game can AND the Alliance is short one class from Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    I wouldn't say Warlocks (simply because the draenei thinking is far different than the cultural taboo other races have against Warlocks), probably Druids as well (as they've been trying to reverse the corruption the crash contaminated everything with).
    Also, Draenei exposed to fel energy for long enough devolve into Broken. It's one of those lore things that makes a particular race/class combination more or less impossible.