Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Why hate on the casual?

I get it...you are the elitist you are alone , with lots of time to waste. Nothing to do.But you don't need to take your anger out on us, the casual. A lot of us are no longer highschool students , who had nearly infinite time, which could be wasted on myriad of activities, such as staying on for 5-6 hours straight on wow. Plus, a lot of older people know how small computer screens can affect their vision and health, so they cant stay on for 5-6 hours straight and need 20minute breaks every hour.

My time is also used on other things, like my online courses, my job, my car, my ,well nearly everything. Its just being casual IS the way of life, unless you are some underaged glassy eyed nerd or 40year old basement dweller with a trash job, no friends and no life and have your mom supplying you hotpockets.

You know, when I was young, I had lots and lots and lots of time I devoted as well to this game, and I was mad what certain players were so $hitty, (e.g he stands in the fire, doesn't pop his cooldowns, w.e)...then I came to realization what he just didn't give a flying fuk. So yea it hit me. When is it going to hit you, elitst what some people just play for fun? Or are you going to still be in your lala land devising pvp strategies and acting all serious like its a real life war going on?

P.S without the casual playerbase this game would be nothing....1 mil subs at max
    Last edited by xXzCoDProxXz; 2013-08-28 at 09:52 PM.

Deleted
    This post seems very original and constructive and I have yet to ever see one like it before.

Deleted
    Well this is embarrassing.

Just had an idiot spewing his rage in LRF how badass he is at this game...and what the DPS were incompetent. I get it, he puts a lot of TIME into his character. That's great, but maybe some of us don't have the time, which we have to put into something else...shit, it would be better if he put all that time into studying something, just my thought

Then why do you feel the need to hate on us? You constructed these paragraphs, send it to him.

But seriously there is too much ignorance in this post, you assume that that all "elitists" think like that and you throw wild assumptions about who they are, no wonder they hate :S
    \

10+ Year Old Account
    My two cents: Lack of respect for others and for differing opinions is a problem generally. It's bad enough in game and we should seek to not make it worse here. Those who act like attention whores in game are best ignored.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's classy to act like a cunt, is basically what it is.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably judging by your post, your attitude. I've run into more dick heads who are causals in lfg and lfr then compared these elitist/hardcore players your speak of most of them mind there own business and stay quite. Example last week was doing my last LFG to cap VP and the tank flipped his lid cause I pulled off him mid boss fight. Not the beginning of the pull but literately one min into the encounter cause I just happened to get CD procs and a row of crits...what am I supposed to say sorry I had good RNG?

Hello Mr. Casual

I want to point out that your gaming playstyle does not need a special genre and you don't need a casual World of Warcraft
    you can play the SAME game like everyone else, you know.

Thank you

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't hate casuals. I hate people who do not have enough time to play this game, but spend an increasingly large amount of time complaining about the things they don't have the time to do.

Even then I'm not sure what you mean by casual because the damn word has multiple meanings now thanks to the wow community. Do you actually mean a player (who very well might be a skilled player) who only plays the game a few hours a week or are you referring to people who play the game frequently, but are bad at it ?

Very rarely do I see an individual berating another because they only play wow a few hours a week, but I've seen many people make fun of others for being really bad at the game and making really stupid mistakes in a raid.
    Last edited by rated; 2013-08-28 at 10:17 PM.

Remember when there was no LFR, no LFD. Remember when you had to run to the instance. People behaved themselves back then, and if they didn't then word spread like wildfire across the server. What you have to remember OP is that if someone is shouting about how bad dps is or that they are in some way better than everyone else, chances are they are not the elite ones. Elite players don't even need to talk like that. Their skill speaks for itself.

What you met in LFR was just a prick. Not even elite. Probably spends a lot of his time playing but that does not make him "elite" in anyway shape or form. It makes him a very sad individual and you shouldn't be mad at him, you should feel bad for him.

Deleted
    Some people can manage to do well in life and put a decent amount of time in to WoW as well.
    And judging by your post, you're no less of a douchebag than the elitist bastards you're talking down about.

Some people just want more effort to be put in to the game. I'm sure there could be content for both, but since people reason that they HAVE to see everything because they pay 2 play blizzard just have to cut more "Elitist stuff" from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by xXzCoDProxXz View Post
    You know, when I was young, I had lots and lots and lots of time I devoted as well to this game, and I was mad what certain players were so $hitty, (e.g he stands in the fire, doesn't pop his cooldowns, w.e)...then I came to realization what he just didn't give a flying fuk. So yea it hit me. When is it going to hit you, elitst what some people just play for fun? Or are you going to still be in your lala land devising pvp strategies and acting all serious like its a real life war going on?
    There's a huge difference between being casual and being ignorant of in-game surroundings/mechanics and/or bad.

OK, you don't have time to play or min max or whatever anymore, no worries. But I'm sure you have have a second to move out of fire.

And if the player in question doesn't care enough to even be paying a shred of attention, why continue to play?

By most people's estimations, I am a casual now. I wasn't before, but as you say, life and other priorities are just more important to me now. But when I do log in, I don't run around with my fingers in my ears and my eyes shut - I make mistakes just like everyone else, but I really don't see the point in playing at all if you completely don't care at all if you're doing OK or not.

If that's fun for you, great, carry on then. But you will get called on it. I disagree with how obnoxiously some people call "bad" players out, but you cannot expect to play an MMO terribly and never get called out for it.

Just because you're casual doesn't mean you can't be mindful of mechanics and other players.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

My time is also used on other things, like my online courses, my job, my car, my ,well nearly everything. Its just being casual IS the way of life, unless you are some underaged glassy eyed nerd or 40year old basement dweller with a trash job, no friends and no life and have your mom supplying you hotpockets.
    Op talks about how he doesn't like elitists hating on him and other casuals. Then the OP turns around and hates on other people. Pot meet kettle?

To all the casuals of WoW

Thank you for playing hardcore games since day 1
    and not wanting them over-simplified, nerfed, dumbed down shit.

Sincerely the old gamers

10+ Year Old Account
    casual != bad

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Example: why would blizzard want to decasualize the game if most of its players play it casually?
    Non-casual gamers are more likely to stick with us. (Source)

(Curiosity): does Blizzard have a working definition of “casual”? If so, is it more about what you do, or how much you play?
    We don't really. Casual is too broad a word. We try to have content aimed at a wide variety of players. (Source)
    I just see a casual gamer as someone who is playing "casually", means on occassion.
    There are also very experienced and skilled players who play only rarely. "Casual" doesn't really describe them. (Source)
    Likewise, we have players who play nearly every night, but only to RP and avoid raids or BGs. Not sure they are "casual." (Source)
    It's just one of those words that isn't precise enough to do the job. (Source)

Just had an idiot spewing his rage in LRF how badass he is at this game...and what the DPS were incompetent. I get it, he puts a lot of TIME into his character. That's great, but maybe some of us don't have the time, which we have to put into something else...shit, it would be better if he put all that time into studying something, just my thought
    It's possible to be competent and not spend every waking hour on WoW

Quote Originally Posted by cxzar View Post
    To all the casuals of WoW

Thank you for playing hardcore games since day 1
    and not wanting them over-simplified, nerfed, dumbed down shit.

Sincerely the old gamers
    I thought I best dive in here, and just make a quick point that World of Warcraft (Classic) was actually a very easy and simple time to play the game, the only major factor in being involved in Raiding / PvP was your ability to commit several hours on given nights.

Aside from the several hours required to prepare for events, there wasn't actually much skill involved in most of the game at that point. Classes were very dull, and the general concept behind raiding was; "If you can heal, you heal, if you can tank, you tank. Leave the damage dealing to the Mages & Warlocks!"

Sadly people like to look back and pretend that locking content behind insane time sinks was a good concept, and somehow denoted skill. It simply didn't.

Because casual players are destroying World of Warcraft by demanding bullshit like LFR and LFG.

Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    I thought I best dive in here, and just make a quick point that World of Warcraft (Classic) was actually a very easy and simple time to play the game, the only major factor in being involved in Raiding / PvP was your ability to commit several hours on given nights.

Aside from the several hours required to prepare for events, there wasn't actually much skill involved in most of the game at that point. Classes were very dull, and the general concept behind raiding was; "If you can heal, you heal, if you can tank, you tank. Leave the damage dealing to the Mages & Warlocks!"

Sadly people like to look back and pretend that locking content behind insane time sinks was a good concept, and somehow denoted skill. It simply didn't.
    This, people forget lots of bosses were incredibly simple with a couple mechanics that quite a few people could get away with ignoring anyway