Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are 16. There are more important things to do then raid on wow. just be happy doing LFR and finsh school. I raided while i was finshing school and it was one of the worst mistakes i ever made. WoW isn't worth fucking up school for.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    School is the most important thing, even if it doesn't seem/feel like it now.

Do what most people here seem to advise and focus on your exams and then find a good guild to raid with come SoO. If anything study and then put in guild apps before bed or something.

But make school your priority.

Your GM didn't kick you out of spite. Rather, he did it out of understanding.

He kicked you so you could focus on the more important aspect of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I seriously get the feeling that this is the truth.

It seem incredibly unlikely that a guild you've been in for months would kick you just like that, or not demote you to social at least.

I'd bet a lot of money that you're a bit of a nob and they wanted rid anyway, could be wrong but it seems more and more likely reading this thread
    While there might be secundary reasons to kick him, he wasn't MONTHS in the guild. Just 2/3 - he has no status in the guild yet. Be real on this please. By the way his GM talked with him it comes of very apparant that his GM did not care in the slightest = not a very popular kid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Your GM didn't kick you out of spite. Rather, he did it out of understanding.

He kicked you so you could focus on the more important aspect of your life.
    He did not kick him to go do school stuff, come on... He did it because he was unreliable and had no use for him in the big picture. If it for his schoolstuff, he would have been demoted to social until he would be able to raid properly.

Deleted
    Vaelorian

I find it funny how you are the only real GM on this forums i been a GM for 2 years now i would do the same. I make ppl do a 5 min CV on our website to find serious ppl that want to raid HCs if thats not your goal then DONT JOIN its not that hard its disrespectfull against the other 24 or 9 ppl you raid with why would YOUR personal shit block the path for the other members when you join a guild you do a deal if you cant keep it leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    The guy did you a favour. There are a lot of better guilds (in terms of progress and humanity) out there that'd be cool with you having to take some time out for exams and real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Poofighta View Post
    Vaelorian

I find it funny how you are the only real GM on this forums i been a GM for 2 years now i would do the same. I make ppl do a 5 min CV on our website to find serious ppl that want to raid HCs if thats not your goal then DONT JOIN its not that hard its disrespectfull against the other 24 or 9 ppl you raid with why would YOUR personal shit block the path for the other members when you join a guild you do a deal if you cant keep it leave.
    I don't understand the comment on how I am the only real GM on these forums (with you), but yeah I agree wholeheartily with your statement

A lot of the people commenting in this thread have either obviously never been in a GM/officer position - or their guild must have crumbled sooner rather then later.
    Last edited by Vaelorian; 2013-08-29 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SausageRawr View Post
    The reason was not being able to make the raids, that's IT. I'm always either 2nd or close to first on the dps charts, I'm very aware in-raid, and I do balance it with school pretty fine, but I guess he doesn't see it that way.
    So you're in a raiding guild, and you're not making the raids. Then you go to him and say "I can't make the next few raids, but hell somebody else can fill in right?"

Sounds like you deserved a kick really. If you're not doing raiding, why are you there? And what is this fill-in person meant to do when you get back, go suck his thumb? Is the fill-in only there to service your needs?

you should really be glad. the guildleader sounds like a douchebag. time management in a normalmode guild? come on. well, as i said, be glad you're out there. there are so many better guilds around...

Deleted
    Hey there! Sorry to hear you got kicked. The guild leader probably was angry with you leaving. I suggest you find a new guild when you come back. They do exist! I'm in a guild that prioritizes rl over raiding, yet we're okay when it comes to progress. I'm sure you'll find a guild like this too! And should you wish to hear more from my guild (EU), feel free to PM me

Deleted
    His guild, his rules!
    You don't have reason to make topic like this - look for guild which suits you instead of complaining.
    If you are stressed, maybe take some time off, not look for pity on forums.

Can't attend raids - your problem, not his.
    Ask yourself a question "is he your friend or GM", if he isn't, i can't see a problem.

It does not matter that you had only 12/12 normal - even lesser skilled players can be hardcore gamers with serious goals.
    If they feel that way, maybe they had good reason to kick you out.

In your place i would take some time off.
    If not - there are plenty of friendly guilds/casual guilds. Thousands of them.
    Don't risk with serous health issues - stress is not good at all.

Good luck!
    Last edited by mmoce6005d79bf; 2013-08-29 at 10:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No need to waste you examS for raiding in a pixel world.

Just unsub and come back when you have more time to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladzins View Post
    His guild, his rules!
    You don't have reason to make topic like this - look for guild which suits you instead of complaining.
    If you are stressed, maybe take some time off, not look for pity on forums.

Can't attend raids - your problem, not his.
    Ask yourself a question "is he your friend or GM", if he isn't friend, then i can't see a problem.
    If you thought that he is your friend, maybe you were wrong and he isn't one.. or maybe he keeps to principles.

Anyway - look for casual guild if you can't keep up with others.
    Good luck!
    If the GM was a friend he would have demoted him. I would. I have an responsibility to the guild to select members for raids that actually make effort to show up and can play properly. Why would I treat my friends different then a regular member? (in terms of guildbusiness)

If friends do not understand this they aren't suitable to join your guild.

Guilds comes and goes, good education last forever in other words it easier to find a new guild when you have time again than get a education later in life becouse you have neglected it when you had the chance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    A lot of the people commenting in this thread have either obviously never been in a GM/officer position - or their guild must have crumbled sooner rather then later.
    No, I'm amazed by how many people there are saying he's a douche. As a GM, you always have the responsibility to make the guild work as good as possible, not to cater for a single individual. If he can't perform, he has to be replaced. The fact that he also got kicked shows that there's something else the OP won't tell us aswell. Most, if not all, would just demote if there was just a lack of attendance. There are social ranks even in the most hardcore of hardcore guilds where old members stay, in case if you guys didn't know, so the OP has obviously been a douche at some point.

Guys saying that the GM is a douche: Why is the GM a douche for wanting more consistent raiding for the 8/23 other people? If there was a kid that often got dc during raids because his dad removed the internet or if he has very crappy attendance, wouldn't you replace him so the other people in the group actually get to do what they're there for?

I haven't seen this amount of ignorance in a while.

Obviously this isn't the first time you've done this considering your 16, still in high school and been in the guild for atleast 3 months

If you are unable to show up because you can't manage your studies properly thats your problem not his
    be glad you are even in a raiding guild considering most guilds recruit 17 and older only due to the situation you are putting them in

The guild is there to progress not sit and wait. I don't blame him, transfer and find a casual guild

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pounced View Post
    There are things your not telling us like maybe your DPS is the lowest in your raid if you dps or your a horrible tank if you tank. Maybe you have a bad attitude or something their might be other things he kicked you for. I wouldn't see why he couldn't put you on standby maybe but I mean if you cant play you cant play. Hes of course going to fill spots he needs to fill since you won't be on I don't see the problem here.

Real life> Wow and a lot of people make the mistake of putting it the other way, I have multiple times. Find another guild that fits your time schedule and maybe you'll succeed even further than what you guys were doing in your old guild.
    Why are there always cinics that insist there's shit to be dug up? It's like you're looking for drama where there is none.
    Maybe his GM has seen it before, where raiders go off for education/work training, and he's simply tired of it.
    Is he as hostile to raiders going off for proper holidays? Sounds like a dick to me tbh. It's a naive GM that runs a guild expecting that none of his/her guildies will never need time off.

OP: your education will last and carry you through the rest of your life, wow definitely will not.
    Your dad is a wise man with your best interests at heart it seems
    Last edited by Ashardis; 2013-08-29 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Right. So you are 16 and complain on the forum about how unfair your GM is?
    At what point did I complain, I was just asking for opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason why i hate joining dedicated raiding guilds :P It comes with way too much hassle just to be able to raid :/ I'd prefer just to do LFR for the rest of my time in wow than having to deal with that rubbish :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    The reason why i hate joining dedicated raiding guilds :P It comes with way too much hassle just to be able to raid :/ I'd prefer just to do LFR for the rest of my time in wow than having to deal with that rubbish :P
    And people would rather call you bad, or unskilled, than admit that most guilds come with one attitude or another that alot of people can't be bothered with