Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Education > Raiding
    But you're 16 and in high school I'm assuming, so I'm confused as to how you can find no time to raid. My brother juggled wow, work, college, and his social life very well. I did too, to some extent. He was a better student than I was, so I ended up losing more sleep. The price you pay for raiding.
    Bane

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Personally, I wouldnt have even taken you raiding to begin with. Whilst I dont agree with him kicking you. I would have found a replacement, benched you and told you your spot is not guaranteed when you return.

In the end, its raiding. There will be another guild.
    "Low Populated Server" easy to get people into raids, not easy to get into a raiding guild, I had been searching for a guild for 5 months prior to raiding with them. Please raid original post properly.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Just remember that the bricks you lay today in early education will be a house someday.

The bricks you lay in World of Warcraft are nonexistant.
    unless we get playerhousing! YEAH @_@
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Chances are they didn't like you, and took the opporturnity to get rid of you.

Quote Originally Posted by SausageRawr View Post
    A little of a back-story: I'm a full time student, I'm 16 and just about to have yearly examinations in less than a week, my father is strict on me and my education and he's told me that I wont be able to play WoW for the next 2 weeks so I can study for these exams.

So last night, I spoke to my guild leader, I've been in this raiding guild for about 2-3 months on a pretty low populated server. We've finished ToT on normal, killed Lei Shen most of the time, so we are extremely capable of doing SOO, my father spoke to me and gave me a lecture on the whole "Do you want to succeed in life?" and what not..., I realize that this is pretty important, so I told my guild leader that I would have to be gone for 2 weeks, I would be back before the new patch hits. There are many stand-by's in the guild, and have the gear and the skill to be able to raid ToT, we are clearing ToT every week doing Heroics at the same time, however I always have to be on despite my examinations within the next 2 weeks.

We spoke on ventrilo, and he was pretty kind about it, straight up that I've been incapable these past few weeks and I need to have much better time management, but I think it's extrememly unfair that this much stress has to be carried on my shoulders... He kicked me from the guild, full stop, even after I told him all that's going on.

Wanted to get your opinions on this...
    Guild management is not run by democracy.

The GM can do what he/she wants for whatever reason he/she wants. You dont have to like it or agree with it of course, but that doesnt matter.

16yo's are generally too unreliable/volatile to be relied on in a serious raiding guild. There will always be exceptions, but thats the general 'red flag rule'.

And usually when people are kicked in situations like this the sad truth is (whether they told you or not or whether you know it or not) you probably arent that good, maybe they think you're quite bad. So they just took an opportunity to get rid of you. Of course people arent likely to say that outright, they'll say it nicely to soften the blow.

If you came here expecting a circle jerk of sympathy im afraid you will probably be dissappointed.

From the GM/guild perspective, they made a mistake by inviting you in the first place. This is why any GM/recruiter should be seeing red flags whenever considering people as young as 16 in a serious raiding guild. (Yes there are exceptions - but its a general rule that things often will not work out for obvious reasons).
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2013-08-29 at 02:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He kicked me from the guild, full stop, even after I told him all that's going on.
    What a jerky move. :\ My opinion, forget him/guild. I realize some take the game very seriously, but wtf....whether they like it or not, it's a game, not a job, and most employers would be able to understand someone needing to take a leave of absence in many cases. The fact that a guild leader in a game can't handle that? Prob some guy with no life who doesn't understand real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    Self Esteem +99.

Thanks.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Low Populated Server" easy to get people into raids, not easy to get into a raiding guild, I had been searching for a guild for 5 months prior to raiding with them. Please raid original post properly.
    I did and it doesnt change my post a single bit.

Low pop server means raiding spots are often a premium - so are raiding guilds.

You are clearly in a position where you cannot commit to a proper schedule and nor should you. When I was at school I couldnt.

But from a former guild and raid leaders position, that would have been my response. I will keep you here, but you arent guaranteed your spot when you leave. If you dont like it, theres the door, but I cant wait around for you to come back from exams.

Your choice is now, do your exams and come back and find a new guild or do what everyone else is doing, pay the 20 bucks and get off that server.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    If you came here expecting a circle jerk of sympathy im afraid you will probably be dissappointed.
    Not at all, but I didn't expect such an asshole-ish tone.

Just remember that the bricks you lay today in early education will be a house someday.

This is by far the best advice. You will find another guild. Your education is far more important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly school is more important than Warcraft if a GM is not understanding of that then find another guild and look for one that works for you. If you play on US servers my guild on Quel'Dorei will always have a place for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how public education is in Australia, but my High school experience was more or less a complete waste of time, so I'd say your guild leader was a jerk, though not playing AT ALL for 2 weeks is overkill.

Smart move, dedication to your education is much more important. You won't even remember some prick kicking you from the guild by the time you graduate.
    Focus on your exams, and when you can play again find another guild (or potentially see if you can go back to that guild, depending on how you feel about it).

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

I like this statement and totally agree.

Well retiring you from the roster is reasonable, kicking you from the guild is a dick move though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Self Esteem +99.

Thanks.
    I'm not here to boost your self esteem. If they didn't like you, it's not necessarily a problem with you, rather the other way around. Tight knit friend circles tend to shun those who aren't a perfect fit, in one way or another. Guilds I've been in have kicked people because they've been too NICE, to the point it annoyed the wrong people. Getting kicked from a guild is such a wordly issue that you really shouldn't take overly seriously, because you'll be better off not to.

Deleted
    the guy did you a favor, go study for the exams and do them well

Right. So you are 16 and complain on the forum about how unfair your GM is?

Mate with all due respect. You are as you said 2/3 months in the guild. Which means that you do not have a firm bond with the guild and certainly the guild not with you (in general). When I was GM I started "trusting" on a guildie if this guildie was in the guild for more then 6 months to a year.

Again you are 16. As per your example your dad just said that you cannot raid. This is something that you did not plan for and it is certainly not something that the guild/GM planned for.

Incapable: Not sure what incapable means in your story. Does it mean you aren't capable to play properly? Or does it mean that your raidattendance failed the last couple of weeks? Regardless of which of these 2 it is, your guildleader was not very happy with you. So now you "slap" him in the face again with your sudden afkness.

In short: You are UNRELIABLE as a player. Unreliable players are usually not welcome in any serious raiding guild. I find it already very nice of this GM that he accepted you in the first place. As an ex-GM for more then 6/7 years I've had my fair share of 16 year olds being unreliable. As such I stopped inviting them to the guild. It was a pure waste of time. Of the hundreds of applications that I have read, made by 16 year olds, I have only 2 exceptions that actually lived up to what they promised. That said I was very lenient during Xmas and Summer period, especially with people studying for exams. But these people I was lenient with also played properly and were high on raid attendance = they can be trusted and are worth the investment.

I strongly advice you to either find a more casual guild. Sure the players there might not make 100% normal mode. But atleas they won't give a fuck when you cannot come to raids for a period. That said, your father is totally right about the "want to succeed in life" speech. WoW for most people has a bad effect on their lifes. Sure it has its UPS but in terms of progress for your real life, it hampers it (if you raid/play a lot).

Just like to add that there is nothing wrong with being 16. Everyone was 16 once in their lifes. But you have to realise that people who have goals (such as your GM) will not tolerate someone with your unreliability to impede them reaching their goals.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Vaelorian; 2013-08-29 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    I seriously get the feeling that this is the truth.

It seem incredibly unlikely that a guild you've been in for months would kick you just like that, or not demote you to social at least.

I'd bet a lot of money that you're a bit of a nob and they wanted rid anyway, could be wrong but it seems more and more likely reading this thread

Wanted to get your opinions on this...
    There's nothing wrong with what he did. He is responsible for all the other people in the guild too. If he feels that he can offer the spot to someone else that can show up and perform more consistently than you, then that is what he should do. He is entitled to build a guild and a raid group where the members are reliable. And you should learn that not everything revolves around your wishes and that often in life you cannot have it all. In this case you cannot be a member of this particular guild and have the flexibility you need for your studies.

As a side note, as someone that used to be responsible for recruitment in a progression guild, reliability is *the* most important aspect of a raider. More important than skill. You need to be able to count on your players to show up on time, every time. Raiding becomes frustrating for everyone if every time someone is missing and you need to use subs that haven't trained on the boss before.