Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    At 16, in highschool, we'd have major exam weeks. You'd easily put in a week or two studying for them. Especially if you are in advanced AP classes. Let me guess, you side with the GM? I applaud the OP for putting his education before a video game.
    How can you not side with the GM? Being a GM myself and still studying, I have to manage my time perfectly between studies and wow. Instead of taking long breaks while studying, I just do short ones and my "big break" is a raid.

In addition he's in a casual guild, that means he raids maybe 2-3 nights a week?? If you can't miss 9 hours in an entire week than you're not enjoying life!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Just remember that the bricks you lay today in early education will be a house someday.

The bricks you lay in World of Warcraft are nonexistant.
    i think he should throw the bricks, just throw 'em.

Gotta agree that he did you a favor. Get good grades, but more than grades, have a focus of what kind of job / where you see yourself doing well. Think about this a lot, and set goals for getting there, because in today's workplace it takes a lot. Or work for minimum wage and get fucked. Oh and try to start giving a shit about having a job. A lot of people, including myself get their degree and burn out. Be a part of something you can stay interested in and have an investment with. WoW does none of those things, (despite how similar most guild applications are to work irl bullshit) and tbh Lei Shen normal isn't the biggest accomplishment in the world. IMO normal content is meant to be beaten. If you don't get a boss in 5-20 attempts on normal then you have some shit raiders that either don't know how to play or are lazy. Kudos to you that you've done it, but in the grand scheme of raiding, bosses don't actually matter, unless you're top 100 world ranked guild. To me, I enjoy raiding for focusing my energy for the challenge of playing my spec perfectly, and for the social aspect and enjoying people's company that I can group with in other games.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm floored at some of the responses in this thread. There are some very mentally sick people playing this game if they really think WoW > Real Life and honestly believe in mandatory attendance with no exceptions.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    High School must be a lot tougher in Australia. I'm pretty sure I spent more hours raiding when I was 16 than I spent in school and studying combined and still breezed through.

High School is like a 4 year long GED test in the US. It's a joke.
    My high school was a pain in the ass. I ended up dropping out after quitting wow and trying to get everything together. 8+ Hours of homework in AP classes on top of a school year long project for seniors just overwhelmed me. I got my GED before school ended, i got into A tech school and still manage a 16 hour a week raid schedule up to this day.

All in all, take your time and get through school. WoW makes bad study habits and bad mind sets to procrastinate.

LFR = No dramatic guild raid groups, no required attendance, no angry GMs, no raging raid leaders. The fact the GM kicked someone who put their real life education over wow speaks volumes to the IQ level of some of the player base. It's disgusting and I'm glad I'm not required to consistently interact with those people to see content anymore.
    agreed its pathetic. I'm sorry but this jackass GM probably doesn't have real life responsibilitys. no full time job, family, etc. its sad

Wow people need to read. People who are saying IRL>WoW...That is what he is doing. Stop preaching something he is already doing. He knows this and doesn't need to be told the same thing over and over again. If he said he was getting bad grade, say this, but not when a guy is taking not a day, or a couple days, or even a week off, but 2 weeks off, you should lay off him. With that said, the GM is a jerk. He shouldn't have no kicked you. Now if SoO started and you couldn't do your duties I understand a demotion, but not a kick. So yea find a new guild that doesn't have a idiotic GM.

Deleted
    i wouldnt worry too much, mate. come the next patch & the realms open up, you'll no doubt have no trouble finding a new guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    Wow people need to read. People who are saying IRL>WoW...That is what he is doing. Stop preaching something he is already doing. He knows this and doesn't need to be told the same thing over and over again. If he said he was getting bad grade, say this, but not when a guy is taking not a day, or a couple days, or even a week off, but 2 weeks off, you should lay off him. With that said, the GM is a jerk. He shouldn't have no kicked you. Now if SoO started and you couldn't do your duties I understand a demotion, but not a kick. So yea find a new guild that doesn't have a idiotic GM.
    Sounds like the sickness talking there. The GM kicked the kid because he couldn't play for 2 weeks. That's the GM saying he feels wow responsibilities > IRL responsibilities and kicking this kid over it. You can try and talk around that fact all you want. This is what happens when you get addicted, you start putting your addiction over things that really are important.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Honestly, awhile back I would agree with some of you but my current guild is 11/13 Heroic and closing in on clearing the tier (Hopefully). Our main tank is 16 yes 16 and the guy is probably more mature then 90% of the 20+ year olds I have raided with, granted, he does not seem to have all these issues but there are times when he needs to leave a few min earlier which is fine but never had an attendance issue at all and the guy is an amazing tank and despite all of us are in our 20's and 30's and he is the youngest, He is pretty damn mature and we never have any problems with him.

For the people that would never recruit a 16 year old, as stated, before raiding with this guy I would be the same way, sometimes you just need to take a risk and see what happens, maybe u find that gem like our guild did.

Op, but seriously, I do find it hard to believe u were kicked for that reason, there has to be another or like people have sd, either you were not as good as u claim or they just did not like u. We have people that raided with us in the past that could no longer commit and are now just social members who do not have the time any longer but will be doing flex modes with us. There is always 2 sides to the story.
    Last edited by healzforu; 2013-08-30 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    You could be right there, but you don't know how long the guild has been raiding (started raiding) or if they had a recruitment problem (probably the last one since they invited a 16 ye old player and were probably desperate) and could not raid. Still a bad situation, but the players may not suck as you think they suck. Also you don't know how often they raid.
    3 raids a week is more than enough for 13/13 hc atm, also they said they got lei shen down every now and then... so means they have raided at least a month. By this time they should be at least 1/13 hc or 3-4/13 hc

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I was once gkicked for looking at the guild leader in the game. LOOKING at the guild leader..

So, to be perfectly clear, if you want to have ownership, start a guild like I did/buy one for 10K - I love being a guild leader, plus you can name your guild something after a BOSS/AKA/HR/AKA HOODRYCH - I named my guild skrill capped

Stay Classy

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm floored at some of the responses in this thread. There are some very mentally sick people playing this game if they really think WoW > Real Life and honestly believe in mandatory attendance with no exceptions.
    You're still surprised at that? Bless you.
    Sad fact is there are just many stupid and mentally sick people in the world, and it so happens quite a few of em play this wildly popular game too ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    You're still surprised at that? Bless you.
    Sad fact is there are just many stupid and mentally sick people in the world, and it so happens quite a few of em play this wildly popular game too ^^
    It's even sadder than most of them manage to get into some form of a leadership role...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there is more to this story. I have a hard time believing you when you say that you got kicked out of a the guilds because you couldn't raid for 2 weeks. There has to be more to it than that.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like the sickness talking there. The GM kicked the kid because he couldn't play for 2 weeks. That's the GM saying he feels wow responsibilities > IRL responsibilities and kicking this kid over it. You can try and talk around that fact all you want. This is what happens when you get addicted, you start putting your addiction over things that really are important.
    That's not really what happened in this case though since the GM didn't put WoW in-front of his real life responsibilities. It's not hard to understand how a GM might care more about his guilds progress etc. than he does about a new members school exams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    I think there is more to this story. I have a hard time believing you when you say that you got kicked out of a the guilds because you couldn't raid for 2 weeks. There has to be more to it than that.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not really what happened in this case though since the GM didn't put WoW in-front of his real life responsibilities. It's not hard to understand how a GM might care more about his guilds progress etc. than he does about a new members school exams.
    Then why the kick, what kind of message was he trying to send? "You put your school before MY guild and MY progression, *kick*" that's the message.
    He could have just made him a stand-by and given someone else his spot, instead he kicked him out entirely. You really don't see anything wrong? Oh, no you'd rather try calling "LIAR" instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then why the kick, what kind of message was he trying to send? "You put your school before MY guild and MY progression, *kick*" that's the message.
    He could have just made him a stand-by and given someone else his spot, instead he kicked him out entirely. You really don't see anything wrong? Oh, no you'd rather try calling "LIAR" instead.
    I really doubt that's the entire story. I've never heard about someone getting kicked from a guild just because they won't be able to raid for 2 weeks. During a trial period? Sure, I've seen that happen, but a full member? I highly doubt that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really doubt that's the entire story. I've never heard about someone getting kicked from a guild just because they won't be able to raid for 2 weeks.
    Well, now you have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, now you have.
    I doubt it. I don't think he is telling the whole story.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it. I don't think he is telling the whole story.
    Ah one of those people, I see.