Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    Don't ignore trinket RNG. He had 2 excellent overlaps during the pull which lasted the entire potion, 2 more overlaps during Ball Lightning after 1st transition and he started Phase 3 with possibly the strongest rip managable (both trinkets, potion, TF+zerk) which he kept extending, dropped it then put up another one up with both trinkets again followed by back-to-back rune procs which went mostly on thrashes on unkilled ball lightnings and unharnessed powers. In fact, about 45% of his single-target damage was done in the last phase alone due to high-potency bleeds.
    Is rune and renataki procing that much on PTR or am I the unluckiest feral in the world?
    I never get good execute procs, always out of sync.

Renataki's proc rate is almost doubled in 5.4, yes. On Lei Shen I just make sure not to attack anything during the second intermission and this makes both trinkets very likely to proc at the beginning of the third phase.

(I actually lost the execute rip due to getting a static shock and not getting back in time, was lucky to get procs to reapply it.)

this legendary cloack do so much dmg almost 5-10%
    Last edited by Zstr; 2013-09-10 at 05:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post
    Is rune and renataki procing that much on PTR or am I the unluckiest feral in the world?
    I never get good execute procs, always out of sync.
    He had very low uptime on blades to be honest (mostly because of how uptime is swayed a bit by the intermission phases). Still, RPPM should keep it higher. Although not being increases by haste it's probably close to baseline. Anyway - it's not so much how much the trinkets proc but how often they proc at the same time. If you analyze any high-ranking logs you'll notice that the major dps spikes aren't caused by having high uptime on trinkets but depend on how many times per fight they aligned perfectly (usually ranging from 0 to 8). This can amount to anywhere from 50 to 80% extra dps if you handle your bleeds well (difference might be greater if there's short-term aoe burst to benefit from said procs, ie. Lei Shen).

I've just uploaded the weak aura's paste regarding rip/rake/thrash ratios into weak auras. I'm new to weak auras. What is the importance of understanding the ratio's? Also, the numbers which appear on screen: When they go above 100, what does this imply? That it is worth applying a new bleed, or only that a new bleed would if applied now would be stronger than the existing relative bleed?

Quote Originally Posted by Themessiah View Post
    I've just uploaded the weak aura's paste regarding rip/rake/thrash ratios into weak auras. I'm new to weak auras. What is the importance of understanding the ratio's? Also, the numbers which appear on screen: When they go above 100, what does this imply? That it is worth applying a new bleed, or only that a new bleed would if applied now would be stronger than the existing relative bleed?
    above 100 it worth to apply new bleeds(but not recommended to bother before even 110), before 100 you better wait till it almost over or for another dmg procs

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    above 100 it worth to apply new bleeds(but not recommended to bother before even 110), before 100 you better wait till it almost over or for another dmg procs
    Quite often Nerien's script on ovale seems to disagree with the suggestion of applying a new bleed, despite the value of the new bleed being above 110.
    Last edited by Themessiah; 2013-09-10 at 10:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quite often Nerien's script on ovale seems to disagree with the suggestion of applying a new bleed, despite the value of the new bleed being above 110.
    There might be higher-priority actions available for which you will need energy (that or the bleed snapshot is out-of-sync).

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't have any logs but ran DoC on the Race, worked great aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    There might be higher-priority actions available for which you will need energy (that or the bleed snapshot is out-of-sync).
    I also thought that there could be higher-priority actions which could account for the difference too. However, if this is so then what is the value of using the weak auras when I already have ovale? Is there any additional benefit to be gleaned?
    Last edited by Themessiah; 2013-09-11 at 07:31 AM.

Deleted
    I also thought that there could be higher-priority actions could account for the difference too. However, if this is so then what is the value of using the weak auras when I already have ovale? Is there any additional benefit to be gleaned?
    There was some kind of magic number for Rip. I believe that at 15% stronger (115 bleed ratio) it is worth it to reaplly your rip (if target will live long enough ofc). Someone please correct me if this is wrong.
    Last edited by mmocea9cec0ead; 2013-09-10 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    There was some kind of magic number for Rip. I believe that at 15% stronger (115 bleed ratio) it is worth it to reaplly your rip (if target will live long enough ofc). Someone please correct me if this is wrong.
    I wouldn't call it a magic number but yes it's 15%.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer