Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I guess as others have said, it started with RFC.
    For me the first I can think of is when I solo the spider in BRD for the T0.5 set pieces, I had to kite the spider over an edge, shoot one starfire run and jump up a ledge and shoot another starfire and keep doing that for 30min Later in TBC I soloed Hellfire Ramparts heroic as tank feral, and later on i remember solo Anzu in Sethekk halls HC for the mount. Fun times then you think back im time.

Started in Wrath with my Pally & DK.

Deleted
    I used to solo some MC back in tbc days as a prot paladin. Garr with a full block set over 30 minutes and Geddon with all green +fireres gear

15+ Year Old Account
    End of TBC was when I started soloing vanilla raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me it started in TBC, soloing Baron Rivendare for the mount and soloing Dire Maul north for goblin and Shendralar rep.

Then moved up to Onyxia and Zul Gurub during the great days of pre-nerf raid gold drops, either end of TBC or early Wrath, can't remember, certainly before they took Onyxia out and put her in at level 80 (and was soloing ZG right up until the end for the raptor mount that never dropped.

First soloing i did was in vanilla on rogue and mage, fire guy in brd for fr gear, the packs in lbrs for pattern drops and DM tree boss with mage... Also will never forget the soloing of brd for Barman Shanker, tons of fun.

Soloed hydross when it was current content. ~4 hours of kiting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when soloing the 4 guards around GYs in AV was a minor feat.

There were 'famous' soloers on level 60 already, like Faxmonkey:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cU0QxVw88U
    I remember at the time I was mind=blown after watching this, nowadays it's considered one of the most basic things, lol.

I soloed two (I think) of the bosses of Dire Maul on my 60 Priest. Jumping on and off the railings to make the boss walk up and down the ramps continuously while killing him mainly with SW:P. This has been fixed some time later though I also tried soloing some stuff from BRD I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    A paladin solo'd Doomlord Kazzak a 40 man raid world boss in a effort to prove just how broken reckoning was.
    He killed Kazzak in 2-3 seconds.
    Reckoning was hot-fixed the same day :P

Vanilla. You could solo a lot of stuff in dungeons etc if you played correctly, mostly as a hunter. Still got a lot of videos from Vanilla soloing saved somewhere on my computer, would bring back so many memories.

Deleted
    for me in wrath.. got my zul gurub tiger after a lot of thekal kills and I did it on my mage so I had to use the tree stump glitch :P

Deleted
    Soloing was there in classic: Faxmonkey and the hunter vs. world series. Just to name two
    I started in BC when leveling my Warrior. Soloed complete Deadmines at level 26. That was brutal!
    When hitting 70 I did Garr in Molten Core. Back then items had blockvalue and block-chance. With enough stats Garr almost made no damage. Plus there was a Trinket from shattered halls that healed you everytime you block (2 minute cd or something^^).
    Fun times
    Now soloing is so much fun for me. Startet in MoP with soloing brewery heroic and scarlet monastery heroic as warrior with ilvl 465. Second wind ftw!

I thought I was good when I soloed the Elite quests in Hellfire Peninsula on my Hunter(first char :d) back in Wrath...

So soloing now means soloing old raids and not merely playing solo? The later was like one of the main things about the game when it launched cause people got tired of looking for groups to do the equivalent of playing through the barrens.

15+ Year Old Account
    First thing I saw that made me go "...people can solo raid bosses?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di7rQhZezgQ

Quote Originally Posted by zethh View Post
    Soloed hydross when it was current content. ~4 hours of kiting.
    You were that warlock? I remember that, gear breaking before the boss was dead O_O

I personally started soloing raids when bored in Cata after coming back at the release of Dragon Soul. Kept going at it until I quit the game again.

Quote Originally Posted by Caribald View Post
    You were that warlock? I remember that, gear breaking before the boss was dead O_O
    Nah, saw that "that" warlock did it, so had to give it a go myself.

I remember soloing bring around for a while, but the first 2 instances where it seemed crazy were the rogue soloing patchwerk and then the dk soloing 3ds sarth, while it was current! That one in particular always stuck out

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably, when people realized that taking the risks of doing stuff alone could be more profitable than having to wipe due to derp players.
    You try it once, you feel accomplished, you keep it up.