Deleted

Survival in 5.4 will you try it out?

Hi fellow hunters.
    found this dude wookienator from youtube and got excited about survival PvP. With the new changes to black arrow and explosive trap are you guys gonna try it out?

lolno.

Survival burst relies on RNG(LnL proc) and BA could still be dispelled last I checked. Also Survival is the only one of the three specs that lacks a self heal(Chimera(MM)/Spirit Mend(BM)). Survival has nothing special that BM/MM don't. Entrapment is bad because it now breaks on damage, the damage of the spec is steady, not capable of Burst like MM/BM can.

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP survival PvP 2008

Been playing surv for a few months now and it aint as bad as everyone keeps saying, is it the best hunter spec atm no it is not. But with the 5.4 changes and buffs to sig shots i see this spec just getting better not to mention that Arcane already hits hard as surv witch wil just increase in 5.4, im seeing surv doing some decent burst due to these changes but again just my opinion on the matter.

As for BA being dispelled i agree it can be a prob but BA aint your main source of dmg and there are other ways to proc LNL, and from my arena games i played BA gets dispelled but not as often as you think putting it on a pet for example is often overlooked by alot of healers.

There is a great amount of distrust from the hunter community regarding surv in pvp witch i never fully understood but opinions are opinions. The way i see it in 5.4 MM wil be the one most hunters wil go with due to the insane CC it can bring traps,Wyvern Sting,SS,pet CC you can easy see why this is going to be good, but i for one wil just keep playing surv like i always have just because i enjoy the spec and ofc having MM as offspec.
    Last edited by Shino; 2013-08-29 at 01:47 PM.

Deleted
    This might be unrelated, but about a month ago I was doing pet battle in northrend and got ganked by shadow priest and ret paladin thinking I was an easy prey. I was able to beat them both while having to use a health pot. The mistake they did, is they focused the pet down thinking I was BM. I was foced to wear the safari hat also So surv might be viable for PvP in 5.4 as well. Depending on your gear and skill ofc

Deleted
    BM has as much self healing as survival in real pvp environment. Going with warlock/spriest and healer in 3s might be viable, since enemy healer is going to think twice before dispelling.

Matej, outdoor pvp? Rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by Matej View Post
    This might be unrelated, but about a month ago I was doing pet battle in northrend and got ganked by shadow priest and ret paladin thinking I was an easy prey. I was able to beat them both while having to use a health pot. The mistake they did, is they focused the pet down thinking I was BM. I was foced to wear the safari hat also So surv might be viable for PvP in 5.4 as well. Depending on your gear and skill ofc
    Just because you met 2 retards doesn't mean Survival is good in PvP.

SV is to pvp what MM is to pve.. way behind the other two specs but ppl who 'enjoy' it will still play it.

SV is actually really good in pvp against classes that can kill a pet with 0 effort.
    affli locks/ele shamans.

Quote Originally Posted by booman View Post
    Hi fellow hunters.
    found this dude wookienator from youtube and got excited about survival PvP. With the new changes to black arrow and explosive trap are you guys gonna try it out?
    Surv is actually pretty good in pvp atm and not just bg's there are several hunters playing at high ratings as surv. Most of the people bashing the spec haven't tried it out. And the burst is anything but weak.Imo the burst can be as good as bm just have to be comfortable playing the spec.

I feel that SV will be great in arena next patch. People keep forgetting that freezing trap triggers LnL. A CC that triggers burst? Yes please.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

SV is fun and i would perfere it in a dot spreeding comp with lock or dk. Otherwise i'm gonna play MM. BM isn't the way to go fo me in any Case.