Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You're a little behind on times. They already created the tech for going back to old content and having it relevant, they just need to find the right reward to fit it, which is what this thread is trying to come up with. You're trying to derail it with your own vendetta towards Blizzard.
    I said it was creative. The OP would be better off applying for a job at Blizzard. Wishful thinking is just wishful thinking unless it influences someone that has the power to make the change.

I think a much better reward for updated content would be LFR ilvl gear.
    It would provide a separate progression path with consistent and current rewards that can be updated.
    I wouldn't even care if it used the personal loot (which I think sucks).
    I know it isn't all about me, but I only want to raid on my main and maybe an alt. I much prefer running heroics on all my other alts.

Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    What? How haha maybe the last packs near General Conflag ahem Drakasath w/e his name is god those packs were stupid as for LBRS I don't have much memories of it
    He used to have more trash and im pretty sure they removed some.

My god shadowlabs, If I ever had to do that for real ever again I think i'd puke same for sunken temple ARGH!

LBRS/UBRS and BRD I can do all day long same for strat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvaldin View Post
    I'd hate to see the ability to solo that old content end.
    I don't know why people keep bringing up this idea when Blizzard mentions the item level squish or scaling old raids.

If/when either of those ideas happen, old content will remain soloable!

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That would be a nightmare. But fun. But a nightmare. And fun. Nightmare.
    The 'Challenge' in Challenge Mode. That's what Black Rock Depths would be if it became a Challenge Mode dungeon.

I personally hate that we CAN solo old raid content. I still do it, but it cheapens Lady Vash and Kael and Illidan and Lichy Poo and Deathwing.

Deleted
    I would like to see glowing/flaming/freezing aura effects for characters as rewards, to be combined with the trasmog sets sets from current challenge modes.

10+ Year Old Account
    As for rewards for scaled old raids... I think that making a wide variety of rewards available would be the best way to go. Keep in mind these are just ideas, but the actual reward amounts would be balanced. You would get a scaled raids currency, and then be able to exchange that for whatever rewards you prefer. This would attract many different people to try them. For example:

1. Level up tokens - Similar to Recruit a Friend grantable levels. Only usable once every two levels (or limited at least somewhat so people still have to learn to play their class)
    2. Profession level up tokens - No limit on these because you don't need to learn to play your profession o.O Also probably 5 levels per token.
    3. Purchaseable flasks / potions / enchants / gems
    4. Mounts / Pets / Transmog gear - But not as random drops, as purchasable items so that you can actually work towards them and cut out some of the RNG.
    5. Justice Points / Honor Points
    6. Valor / Conquest Points - At a lower rate than Justice / Honor.
    7. Teleport Tokens - These would allow you to teleport to preset locations that don't already have portals. Think areas like Zangarmarsh, Arathi Highlands, Krasarang Wilds, Wintergrasp, etc. Also maybe Have Group Will Travel tokens.

That's all I can think of for now.

Challenge modes would require a little more tuning and work than I think they really want to put in to something like this. Scaling it so its actually fun at level and making it a full blown CM are two very different workloads.

15+ Year Old Account
    The devs have already stated they can, and want to, allow players to solo the old content, by keeping it at the same levels. Basically a toggle between current/max levels.

I also like the challenge of trying to solo older raids, but I guess that's just me.
    Please take this is with a grain of salt, but I believe the current idea would be to still preserve the option to run content at their originally designed level if the player wishes to.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...tting-updated/

Why so much BRD hate? BRD for best instance ever. 5-man raid? FUCK YES. Reminds me of all the irrational complaining about gnomeregan...

Deleted
    I would much prefer 10 man challenge modes of old raids. I would love to see stuff like Vashj or Illidan as 10 man challenge modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    Unfortunately, this idea is too creative for Blizzard's creative development team whom focuses on grinding for no rewards and boredom.
    Really dude? Seriously? Are dailies all you do, or something? Because, last time I checked, pretty much every aspect of the game that I participate in has a variety of rewards.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I sincerely hope that if any work is diverted to making older raid content scale to max level that it's done in an accessible form.

So big -1 to challenge modes.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Why so much BRD hate? BRD for best instance ever. 5-man raid? FUCK YES. Reminds me of all the irrational complaining about gnomeregan...
    Right tehre with you. BRD and BRS are by far my favorite runs ever. Long, intricate, and beautiful. instances now a days are far too short.

Deleted
    I honestly no need a reward to see these, what I would like would to have them in a random dungeon rotation at any level or max level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    Black rock depths challenge mode

Holy fuck.
    I haven't done brd in a long time but I thought it got split into smaller instances with cata?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aven Reddins View Post
    I haven't done brd in a long time but I thought it got split into smaller instances with cata?
    yes and no. Its still one big instance but if you use LFD for it, its split and you only have to kill certain bosses for the rewards

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    how about 2560x1440 resolution hi-res skin models instead? Wow could probably run on the Wii U

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That would be a nightmare. But fun. But a nightmare. And fun. Nightmare.
    A funmare?

I, for one, absolutely love Blackrock Depths. Know it like the back of my hand, I do.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.