Anyone else have raid burnout? - a possible solution

All,
    To start with a little history, I have been playing wow since vanilla and have been an active raider since Molten Core.
    During that long wow career, I have leveled a bunch of ALTs and currently have 10 90s, an 88 and an 85.
    I have my main (deathknight) and a primary alt (priest) which I actively raid normal, and LFR (I have some heroic kills, but don't consider myself a heroic raider). In addition with the current state of wow, if I wish to gear my other alts, I am only left with attempting to run them through LFR which is time consuming (hour+ for each run consisting of 3 to 4 bosses). I don't mind playing but after running ToT LFR on 5 toons and killing the same bosses, I am really burning out on the content.
    In the past, with the inclusion of late-catch-up dungeons, I was able to run the raids on my main/alt, and use the dungeons as a progression path for all my other alts.
    Here is the possible solution:
    I have been thinking about this a lot since the mention of being able to run old content dungeons and what a proper reward would be.
    What if the revamped dungeons used a personal loot system (similar to LFR) and dropped LFR ilvl gear? (Not saying include tier sets but just LFR ilvl gear)
    They could be updated every tier and give player who are not interested in raiding on 11 toons a path to have them all be decently geared?
    What do you guys think? Am I over simplifying things? or is this a possible solution.
    Additionally, given the number of wonderful dungeons that aren't being used regularly would revamp and refresh them and give players options other then raiding for progression. If you think about it, you could even do away with valor gear entirely and just use dungeons as a means to progress.

I have raid burnout because my priest has cleared the first 5 wings of lfr 5-6 times and has 29 sigils of wisdom and 2 sigils of power. She's just not going to get her legendary cloak.. ever. My main i don't even really queue for ToT because those secrets never drop.

The problem pops in that if you throw that reward out there, and it'd have to be pretty much the same reward for all the older raids for what you suggest I feel, someone's gonna figure out what's the easiest/takes the least time and that's all people would do. See: heroic mech from BC, h azjol-nerub (pre lfd) from wrath, troll and CoT dungeons from cata.

Or just have the old revamps drop valor, and randomize which raid you do via LFR or something like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaalyn View Post
    All,
    To start with a little history, I have been playing wow since vanilla and have been an active raider since Molten Core.
    During that long wow career, I have leveled a bunch of ALTs and currently have 10 90s, an 88 and an 85.
    I have my main (deathknight) and a primary alt (priest) which I actively raid normal, and LFR (I have some heroic kills, but don't consider myself a heroic raider). In addition with the current state of wow, if I wish to gear my other alts, I am only left with attempting to run them through LFR which is time consuming (hour+ for each run consisting of 3 to 4 bosses). I don't mind playing but after running ToT LFR on 5 toons and killing the same bosses, I am really burning out on the content.
    In the past, with the inclusion of late-catch-up dungeons, I was able to run the raids on my main/alt, and use the dungeons as a progression path for all my other alts.
    Here is the possible solution:
    I have been thinking about this a lot since the mention of being able to run old content dungeons and what a proper reward would be.
    What if the revamped dungeons used a personal loot system (similar to LFR) and dropped LFR ilvl gear? (Not saying include tier sets but just LFR ilvl gear)
    They could be updated every tier and give player who are not interested in raiding on 11 toons a path to have them all be decently geared?
    What do you guys think? Am I over simplifying things? or is this a possible solution.
    Additionally, given the number of wonderful dungeons that aren't being used regularly would revamp and refresh them and give players options other then raiding for progression. If you think about it, you could even do away with valor gear entirely and just use dungeons as a means to progress.
    This is just basically ''Give us raid gear from 5 mans''. All that happens is 'that' becomes the stale level of gear, and people want easier ways of getting the 'next' level of it. See: Give us BETTER raid gear from 5 mans, like flexi ilvl!!'' and it would likely just go on.

First off, I am not looking for a confrontation viewpoint. That is not what this thread is about. This thread is not to take away any special feeling people who spend countless hours in LFR have. I have spent considerable hours in LFR as well. For my main and primary alt, I view it as a means to and end as opposed to endgame. I would like not to have to consider it endgame for my other alts.

The thread is really focused on an alternate progression patch outside of raids.
    If you get butt hurt because I suggested that 5 man heroics drop LFR level items, then how about 6 to 8 ilvls lower? I really don't care. All I am looking for is a possible way of progressing other then raiding.
    As for drops and the path of least resistance. Make it so each heroic only drops a random sub-LFR ilvl item if you queue random for it. Whether you get Ajol-Nerub or Stonecore - you wouldn't be able to pick it - it would be random similar to the way valor is only given if it is random.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I have raid burnout because my priest has cleared the first 5 wings of lfr 5-6 times and has 29 sigils of wisdom and 2 sigils of power. She's just not going to get her legendary cloak.. ever. My main i don't even really queue for ToT because those secrets never drop.

my god you have horrible luck, i thought blizzard fixed this though? Most of my alts seemed to cap at 10 sigs.
    Last edited by kramjam; 2013-08-29 at 04:00 PM.

Yeah, kinda. Though I'm currently on holiday and so far roughly 5 weeks off wow and I kinda miss it, cant wait to get back into raiding.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno