Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Everyone lost there shit when this happened, no idea how or why.

Look at the rogues face
    Sig by Safhira

Quote Originally Posted by Diogo View Post
    It looks like I'm the only one that doesn't really want new model updates. Is there any chance for Blizz to give us the option to maintain the character as it is, and not force us to change once they release the new stuff?

I've been playing my Night Elf Warrior for almost 7 years and I still love him as much as I did back then, and I do not want him changed, at all.
    I wouldn't get your hopes up. They did that with EQ. You could actually turn off and on individual new race models. However, I think it's blizzards style to want a consistency in how players view characters. I see them upgrading everything for everyone.

It looks like I'm the only one that doesn't really want new model updates. Is there any chance for Blizz to give us the option to maintain the character as it is, and not force us to change once they release the new stuff?

I've been playing my Night Elf Warrior for almost 7 years and I still love him as much as I did back then, and I do not want him changed, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by @Evilyig
    @Ghostcrawler can u talk about possible reasons why u would not allow a choice between old and new player models?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    @Evilyig We might. That would be a good way to reduce the "looks great but not my guy" factor.
    (posted at 4:36 PM - 17 Oct 12)

So yes, they're certainly considering it.

While I am sure there is not a way I can like the old models more than the updated ones, I still think the extra option being there is a good thing.

So long as it doesn't hinder things like more armor geosets/3D gear.

Deleted
    ROFL. Thanks op, so saving the last picture.

I'd prefer them not to change the character models at all. But if they do it, please spare us the creepy eyes o_O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post
    What worries me is that they said since Pandas were cross faction they were able to give them extra attention and quality.

This makes me feel like 4 (6) races will be what? Not as detailed?
    whenever they say they did one thing, over another thing cause of quality or something... It's instantly bullshit in my eyes
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post
    What worries me is that they said since Pandas were cross faction they were able to give them extra attention and quality.

This makes me feel like 4 (6) races will be what? Not as detailed?
    They meant that because they only had to make one race for the expansion, they could spend more time developing that race.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    @Evilyig We might. That would be a good way to reduce the "looks great but not my guy" factor.
    (posted at 4:36 PM - 17 Oct 12)

So yes, they're certainly considering it.

While I am sure there is not a way I can like the old models more than the updated ones, I still think the extra option being there is a good thing.

So long as it doesn't hinder things like more armor geosets/3D gear.
    These might be good news indeed. I just hope I can maintain the looks on my character! I've been reading some posts and I've noticed Blizzard is probably really taking in consideration people like me, that got too ''affectionate'' with their character and just don't want them changed. Hopefully I won't be forced to change mine (at least radically I guess : / )

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hehe..if it is true what they say on the frontpage that people discussed EYEBLINKS for ages on the human model...no wonder they take their time.
    it wasn't a big deal, i don't even remember it being discussed. people have bitched about all the shoulder armor floating for a lot longer

they have a shitty PR guy right now, that's why nobody has told blizz to just shut the hell up for a while

- - - Updated - - -

These might be good news indeed. I just hope I can maintain the looks on my character! I've been reading some posts and I've noticed Blizzard is probably really taking in consideration people like me, that got too ''affectionate'' with their character and just don't want them changed. Hopefully I won't be forced to change mine (at least radically I guess : / )
    well they can do like EQ did and give you an option. it's not something that is complicated to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    If 25% in two-three years constitutes "taking their time", then I'm NOT glad that they're working at a pace where it'll take 6 more years to get all vanilla models and 2 extra years for the TBC ones.
    Working in software myself I can say that generally projects start fairly slow as you work on the design, make your first mistakes and truly get an understanding of the task and requirements.

In the case of new character models, I'd expect the first 2-4 races to be the slowest by a mile, but as they get to the other races, the updates will push a lot faster as they've built up experience and can make better judgement calls on direction.

I still won't expect these by 6.0 but I'd say we'd see something from Blizzard by then. If it's not out by 7.0 or one of the 6.X patches I'd be surprised.

lol those gnomes were quite horrifying

10+ Year Old Account
    This is far beyond "taking there time" at the rate they are going is going to take TEN YEARS for them to be done.
    Aye mate

I'm glad it's taking a long time for character models too. Gives new MMOs (games that don't have Greg Street in charge) a VERY easy chance to surpass them. Keep up the retarded milking schedule Blizzard, see how far that gets you with a new MMO already released and 3 more on the way before the year is over. Keep being retarded. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Superchief View Post
    I'm glad it's taking a long time for character models too. Gives new MMOs (games that don't have Greg Street in charge) a VERY easy chance to surpass them. Keep up the retarded milking schedule Blizzard, see how far that gets you with a new MMO already released and 3 more on the way before the year is over. Keep being retarded. Please.
    I guess that includes WoW since Greg Street isn't in charge.

I can't see the pictures, can you show them again in form of links at least?
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

15+ Year Old Account
    I know this post is a little old, but I saw it linked in the 60+ page long "Character model rework 25% complete" thread and had to comment since I didn't see anyone else saying this. OP, you do know what those really were, right? Those weren't player remodels. They weren't even new textures.

They were Blizzard testing, on the Wrath beta, to see how easy it would be to patch new textures onto the client. You know what textures they tested? Alpha textures. So yes, of course they looked terrible. They were never intended to go Live, they weren't even new. Instead of wasting artist time to make new textures to see if they could patch them in to the client, they just grabbed the old Alpha textures to see if it worked. And it did.

That's all it was. So, your post about how you're "glad they are taking their time" because you don't want to end up with that is moot. There was never any danger of us looking like that to begin with.

http://www.bananashoulders.com/2008/...facial-models/

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    This is far beyond "taking there time" at the rate they are going is going to take TEN YEARS for them to be done.
    They will amp it up sooner or later. It takes a ridiculous amount of work to do and its obviously been on the back burners as the more important stuff is actually releasing new content faster and yes, as well as a new expansion creeping up on us. I'm not surprised one bit honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post