Dark Animus 10 regular

We started kind of late but is it recommended to just do the zerg strat if our DPS is fairly solid?

If we were to do that should we use 1 tank and 2 healers?

I bring this up because I was watching the fatboss guide and the top comment with 300 upvotes said

You guys made this fight so complicated... There are 12 anima golems, put 9 of them in 1 Massive, the last 3 in the boss, nuke down the boss. The whole fight takes like 4 mins.

What kinda of damage do we need per player, and how many people do we need dpsing to do this?

Zerging is the fast track to failure. The fight is actually easier than LFR if you do it the correct way.

The way we do it is we spread out everyone so they all tank a small add and all are within range of heals. Once the fight starts the hit the adds enough to hold aggro and that is all, absolutely no AoE. We specify 2 people to be the DPS. They kill their adds first near a deactivated Large to fill it. They then go around the room and help the tanks kill the small ones after they have pulled them to the appropriate deactivated golems. Once all of the deactive are filled, you activate 1 Massive, tank it in the center and bring the small ones to it. Do not try to kill the Massive, leave it alone, but fill it up. Activate DA and go crazy, avoid the red poofs on the ground.

The more anima you start DA off with at the start, the more pressure you put on your DPS.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Promark View Post
    Zerging is the fast track to failure. The fight is actually easier than LFR if you do it the correct way.

The way we do it is we spread out everyone so they all tank a small add and all are within range of heals. Once the fight starts the hit the adds enough to hold aggro and that is all, absolutely no AoE. We specify 2 people to be the DPS. They kill their adds first near a deactivated Large to fill it. They then go around the room and help the tanks kill the small ones after they have pulled them to the appropriate deactivated golems. Once all of the deactive are filled, you activate 1 Massive, tank it in the center and bring the small ones to it. Do not try to kill the Massive, leave it alone, but fill it up. Activate DA and go crazy, avoid the red poofs on the ground.

The more anima you start DA off with at the start, the more pressure you put on your DPS.
    As far as I'm aware, the only difference between putting 9 into a massive and rest into DA vs 8-9 into massive and rest into inactive large is that you'll get anima ring and anima font slightly faster (not by that much even I think). The point where he starts using jolt or hard enrage at 100 anima won't even be different. Don't see why this would make it put more pressure on your dps tbh.

That's not zerging anyway.

Zerging is when the boss spawns immediately on HC and you ignore (tank) the golems and kill the boss before the first siphon.

Anyway, the dps required is simple maths: Boss HP / damage dealers / time. You can work this out in about 5 seconds yourself instead of coming to the forums to ask people to work it out for you.

My group did it similarly to how Promark mentioned.
    Instead of having designated DPS though, I tanked the Massive in the middle after activating it and the other tank dumped his 2 golems into an inactive.
    One by one (or two at a time, technically, since each of us were on either side of the Massive) we'd taunt little golems off people, and then those people would help us kill the golems in the center.

The very last golem was used to activate DA, from there all attention was focused on DA. We run a monk tank (myself) and a pally tank, though, so we could afford not to tank swap at all once DA was up. Prior to DA coming up, the pally would taunt the Massive off me once his two golems were dumped, then I'd taunt off him in time enough for his stacks to drop off, then he'd taunt back off me just before we activated DA so that we'd be going in with no stacks on him and I can Transcend my way out of 3/4 Anima Rings and blow CDs on the ones I have to eat.

I don't really know how you could possibly zerg DA, really. It's not really designed for zerging to be possible. If you mean nuke the boss once it's up, well then yes… But that's part of the strategy of the fight, and is almost required to beat Siphon Anima anyway.

The strat mentioned by the OP isn't a zerg in any way.

The real zerg on normal is everyone grabs an add, the tank grabs three, kill an inactive next to boss to activate him, lust and kill. You have less than 60 seconds before he reaches 100 energy. This strat is definitely not viable if you haven't even cleared the insance on normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexorcist View Post
    I don't really know how you could possibly zerg DA, really. It's not really designed for zerging to be possible. If you mean nuke the boss once it's up, well then yes… But that's part of the strategy of the fight, and is almost required to beat Siphon Anima anyway.
    You do it this way. (it works like the person above me said on normal, and is far easier due to animus having like 1/4th the health)
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    The strat mentioned by the OP isn't a zerg in any way.

The real zerg on normal is everyone grabs an add, the tank grabs three, kill an inactive next to boss to activate him, lust and kill. You have less than 60 seconds before he reaches 100 energy. This strat is definitely not viable if you haven't even cleared the insance on normal.
    Why would anyone want to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    To do something different and cope with the boredom of months of farming?
    It has also proven to be a quite successful strategy in getting first kills on heroic.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    When you have the dps to do it and are done with dark animus heroic attempts for the week, it's a fun way to kill the boss.