Deleted

Addon which instanly accepts lfr/lfd queues?

So, just asking if anyone knows if there's an addon which automatically accepts queues

I don't know of one, but I'm also not entirely sure it can be accomplished. I'm pretty sure that Blizzard does not allow plugins to automatically push interface buttons. That being said, I do know there are some plugins out there that automate the Quest clicking frame, but I believe those are two different types of buttons.

I know that's not the answer you're looking for, but it might at least shed a little light on it for you.
    Virtualize <Solution> @ Greymane | virtual#1157 | Web | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook
    Hermes - Share cooldown status with raid/party.
    Skada: Survivability - Show when a character died during a specific attempt.
    AffDots - Track the potency of your DoTs on a target.

There are 3rd party programs that accomplish this feature, but will get you banned. The invite window has a protected function to prevent addons from auto accepting invites. Blizzard fixed this a couple years ago after the introduction of LFD.

The reason why the quest addons work is because they weren't intentionally broken by blizzard.

You can actually make macros to do all the quest functions, and pretty much the rule with addons that interact with the blizzard interface is if you can't do it via a macro then an addon shouldn't be able to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be cheating OP
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

There used to be one, but they broke it's functionality rather quickly, unfortunately.

Problem is they don't want everyone queuing and going afk for an indeterminate amount of time, and then having a fresh LFR start up with 70% of the raid starting AFK. Not that a lot of people don't already AFK in LFR, but it would be much worse.

The best alternative, IMO, assuming you don't want to take the risk of getting banned, is to put yourself in some zero population area (such as far up in the air, on a flying mount that doesn't make noise - I think JC Panthers, Archaeology flying disk, pandaren kites, and probably many others fall into this category) and turn the volume up fairly high (with no music). Then when the queue pops you should be able to hear it from where ever you are in your house, hopefully. Or if you just plan to minimize during the queue, just turn on background sound in the options.
    Last edited by Spiralphoenix; 2013-09-03 at 03:25 PM.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard needs to allow functionality for addons to text you when your queue pops.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    Blizzard needs to allow functionality for addons to text you when your queue pops.
    Seriously? You are playing the game.. you can't watch the screen and press the button? You can't accept the queue with a text message you STILL have to be in front of the screen when it pops...

If you can't be bothered to just sit there and press a button then you probably aren't paying attention in the first place, in which case YOU are the people that make the rest of us wait because you are off doing something else, which is precisely the reason they don't allow addons for this..

If you are playing the game, and the queue pops you will be ready when it does.. I don't see the need to complicate the game further to send a text message because you are paying attention to your phone more than the game!

That defeats the entire purpose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rjparker View Post
    If you can't be bothered to just sit there and press a button then you probably aren't paying attention in the first place, in which case YOU are the people that make the rest of us wait because you are off doing something else, which is precisely the reason they don't allow addons for this..
    I think people who AFK through content or automate playing a game are ridiculous and missing the point, but I don't think that criticism is totally fair here. Just because a person doesn't want to have to babysit a 45 minute queue timer doesn't mean they're not interested in playing the game or that they'll be AFK once in the group.

I never AFK in LFR and when I log into play, it's with the intention of actually playing -- otherwise I'd be doing something else. However, often times there is not a lot for me to do in-game while I wait on a long DPS queue and I'd love to do something more productive away from my desk during that waiting period, but I can't because I risk missing the popup if I don't hear it from the other room.

Granted a text message has limited use since you still have to be close enough to get back to your desk and hit accept in a timely fashion, but I don't think it's unreasonable for people to want to be able to do other things or step away from their computer while waiting in a queue.

Anyway, that's a separate issue than accepting the queue button which, yeah, isn't automated because they don't want an entire raid of AFKers who auto-joined with the plan of getting carried.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rjparker View Post
    Seriously? You are playing the game.. you can't watch the screen and press the button? You can't accept the queue with a text message you STILL have to be in front of the screen when it pops...

If you are playing the game, and the queue pops you will be ready when it does.. I don't see the need to complicate the game further to send a text message because you are paying attention to your phone more than the game!

That defeats the entire purpose
    First of all, it was a joke.

Second of all, even if it wasn't a joke, you seem far too tightly-wound. When queues get upward of an hour, I don't think there would be anything wrong with actually getting a text message that it's popped. Just because someone wants to run LFR doesn't mean that they consider idly questing in the meantime to be fun. Doing laundry or other chores while you wait for your queue to pop seems perfectly reasonable. You don't have to be sitting in front of the screen to get there within the queue timer.

I mean, I get that you wanted to go on a generic angry-old-man-who-doesn't-like-these-dumb-kids-with-their-text-messages-and-instant-everything-culture rant, but it really doesn't make any sense in this case, I'm afraid.
    Last edited by shanthi; 2013-09-05 at 08:41 PM.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

I think a feature sort of like the in-game "toast" (online friend announcements etc), but outside of the game client when it is alt-tabbed out would be welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    First of all, it was a joke.

Second of all, even if it wasn't a joke, you seem far too tightly-wound. When queues get upward of an hour, I don't think there would be anything wrong with actually getting a text message that it's popped. Just because someone wants to run LFR doesn't mean that they consider idly questing in the meantime to be fun. Doing laundry or other chores while you wait for your queue to pop seems perfectly reasonable. You don't have to be sitting in front of the screen to get there within the queue timer.

I mean, I get that you wanted to go on a generic angry-old-man-who-doesn't-like-these-dumb-kids-with-their-text-messages-and-instant-everything-culture rant, but it really doesn't make any sense in this case, I'm afraid.
    I would totally be in favor of a feature like this. Games today, especially in the mobile world, are becoming much more "disconnected" from the actual game.

Imagine being able to pull up the WoW iPhone/Android app and queueing yourself for a dungeon or LFR. Doing whatever you need to do and then being alerted that, "You have 5 minutes to log in to the game in order to enter the dungeon." I'm sure that it has it's loopholes and ways to be abused, but I certainly don't think it's outside the realm of possibilities.

It would be an amazingly powerful feature, in my opinion. I just don't think that Blizzard's infrastructure or technology is there to support it. Yet.
    Virtualize <Solution> @ Greymane | virtual#1157 | Web | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook
    Hermes - Share cooldown status with raid/party.
    Skada: Survivability - Show when a character died during a specific attempt.
    AffDots - Track the potency of your DoTs on a target.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not recommend trying to do what you're doing OP because as others have said, it is against the ToS.

That being said, you could download an autoclicker and have it click the location of the accept queue button.

Goodluck with your ban if you carry through with this though.