Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Fun fact, besides the Vol'jin, Anduin and Cairne fight - Garrosh was disarmed in each of the mentioned fights. One must hope for his own sake, that his new Pink-Evil Gorehowl is superglued on to his palm.
    Haha, yeah, he does get disarmed a lot...

He's like this slow, dumb powerhouse who can't fight for shit just punch really hard, in comparison to say Varian, who might be weaker but is much more swift and knows how to hold his sword.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    Haha, yeah, he does get disarmed a lot...

He's like this slow, dumb powerhouse who can't fight for shit just punch really hard, in comparison to say Varian, who might be weaker but is much more swift and knows how to hold his sword.
    Apparently even a quillboar is better at managing it's weapon that the Great and Esteemed Warchief of the ("True) Horde....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I recently replayed all of War3/TFT campaigns, i must say that Grom - even with all his stupidity - in the end died a heroes death, by slaying the corruptor of the orcish race.

Garrosh will die as a slave and servant to the Sha, unable (or unwilling) to fight back his Sha masters - in the end he will probably die a cowards death, like any other tyrant.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I recently replayed all of War3/TFT campaigns, i must say that Grom - even with all his stupidity - in the end died a heroes death, by slaying the corruptor of the orcish race.

Garrosh will die as a slave and servant to the Sha, unable (or unwilling) to fight back his Sha masters - in the end he will probably die a cowards death, like any other tyrant.
    Garrosh isn't a slave to the Sha however, nor does he at any point refer to the Old Gods as his masters. Blizzard even confirmed that he has indeed manage to wield the Sha as a weapon, not the other way around, so despite the lunacy, it's still rather impressive. But that's about the only impressive thing he's ever done so...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    That said, can I just say how stupid Garrosh AND Taran Zhu were in that trailer? Why confront a whole Kor'kron regiment on your own? Why not bring the ENTIRE Shado-Pan? Why not ask the Alliance to show up as well?
    If you look carefully at the establishing shot of the pool, you can see pandaren fighting with the Kor'kron around the pool--my guess is that the Shado-Pan were there. As for the Alliance, canonically they were all up north preparing for the siege proper. There's probably a skeleton crew in the Shrine of Two Moons (or is it Seven Stars? I can never remember which is which), but just like the Horde skeleton crew in Bleeding Sun, I can't imagine they're equipped or numerically able to provide much by way of support while keeping the refugees in the Shrine safe as well.

And in case of Garrosh, why not ignore him while your Kor'kron guards dogpile him? Why engage him in single combat? Because he insulted your daddy? Dude needs anger management training. (by which I mean an axe to the brains)
    Garrosh's fatal flaw, built up since Wrath of the Lich King, is pride (fitting for a sociopath, honestly). He never considers that Anduin wasn't killed, and he doesn't consider that adventurers find Taran Zhu and get him to the healers in time, because he's too arrogant to believe himself capable of anything but resounding success after Northrend and the reignited war in Cataclysm.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    A funny fact. And even more so because in the Garrosh fight [Spoilers]

he actually goes THROWING it. Apparently he has a billion of them stashed in his pants pocket and he just keeps whipping them around the room. So in a way, he still loses his weapon, he just has a billion more lying around somewhere. (Which begs the question why we can't use them against him.)
    To be fair, throwing your shit is now a baseline warrior skill via both Heroic Throw and Shattering Throw, so that's actually kind of expected from a character strongly associated with the warrior class.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    Blizzard's Rule of thumb in storytelling: Do not assume someone is dead even if you see a corpse, or a severed head
    FYP.
    /10char
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Grom earned the title. Garrosh is part of the bloodline, and was simply passed the title. You've answered your own query, Garrosh certainly isn't worthy of it but he does still deserve it based on Orcish way of life and the passing of title through family.

- - - Updated - - -

he actually goes THROWING it. Apparently he has a billion of them stashed in his pants pocket and he just keeps whipping them around the room. So in a way, he still loses his weapon, he just has a billion more lying around somewhere. (Which begs the question why we can't use them against him.)
    Oh that is just hilarious!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    We knew that Taran Zhu was alive, due to 5.4 on the PTR, months before we even saw the trailer.... Nothing new, and nothing to see here.

So for all the "CALLED IT!" or "DERP PLOT ARMOR!!!" - give it a rest, as you are both wrong - anyone who paid attention on the PTR knew this. The End, thread over.
    While i agree we already knew he'd survive, how come then that Blizzard gets him impaled/hit/slapped in the face every patch? It's the second time he gets seriously wounded. It almost seems like he throws himself to enemies.

Deleted
    Grom earned the title. Garrosh is part of the bloodline, and was simply passed the title. You've answered your own query, Garrosh certainly isn't worthy of it but he does still deserve it based on Orcish way of life and the passing of title through family.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe he has the new warrior glyph coming in 5.4 http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/146970-g...ws#17153-17169

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post

Garrosh is not being mind-controlled, that was made clear by the devs. Even when he is infused with the power of Y'shaarj, he is still in control due to his extraordinary will. That's something his father never had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Sooooooo..

He couldn't kill Varian in wolfheart.
    He couldn't kill vol'jin himself he needed an assassin to attempt it
    He couldn't kill Jaina even with a bomb
    He couldn't kill Taran zhu even with a strike to the gut
    He couldn't kill a bunch of quillboars in mulgore
    And he couldn't kill Cairne, as he fanboys seem to keep pushing how he didn't do it himself it was magatha's poison that did it.
    Plot armor
    Plot armor
    Plot armor
    Plot armor
    What are you talking about?
    He killed cairne. The poison just helped him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Baine's short story. Garrosh went over his head and took a regiment of Kor'kron into quillboar territory, and almost got himself killed when the undead quillboar started making the scene.
    According to Vol'jin's short story, Garrosh was losing, and badly. He was bleeding from a dozen wounds while Cairne was barely scratched, as Vol'jin saw from an objective standpoint (the loa showed him the duel as part of his tests to become a shadow hunter, and as such he saw it without context), and was wasting his energy while Cairne played the Azerothian equivalent of rope-a-dope. It wasn't until the poison sapped his strength that Garrosh was able to land the killing blow, as Cairne could no longer defend himself.

edit: The big thing about the duel was that nobody will ever know, one way or the other, if Garrosh would have come out on top after breaking the runespear, because Cairne was conserving his energy and would have been fighting defensively with a broken weapon, while Garrosh still had a complete (and deadly) weapon but was quickly burning up all his energy, and Blizzard wrote it that way on purpose rather than continually back-and-forth retcon it like Garrosh's mak'gora with Thrall has been.
    Last edited by Thage; 2013-08-30 at 08:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    According to Vol'jin's short story, Garrosh was losing, and badly. He was bleeding from a dozen wounds while Cairne was barely scratched, as Vol'jin saw from an objective standpoint (the loa showed him the duel as part of his tests to become a shadow hunter, and as such he saw it without context), and was wasting his energy while Cairne played the Azerothian equivalent of rope-a-dope. It wasn't until the poison sapped his strength that Garrosh was able to land the killing blow, as Cairne could no longer defend himself.
    Cairne had the upper hand no doubt, he got a lot of blows on Garrosh fo' sho, but it wasn't a case of Garrosh was being completely destroyed. Garrosh did destroy Cairnes wep though he fought on with a fragmented piece of it. While he did have the upper hand and was playing Garrosh perfectly, a large part of the start of The Shattering is an internal monologue of how father time was taking a stick to his body, eyesight, reactions and stuff. So in my honest opinion I don't think, as doctorfreeze put it that the poison just "helped", but nor can we know for certain if Cairne could have landed a killing blow on Garrosh before the fatigue of age took its toll.

tldr: I think using the Cairne fight should not be used as a for or against when discussing how Garriosh is as a warrior/combatant due to the circumstances involved.

I'm getting emotional again now just thinking of the first time I read The Shattering and Cairne died, I was not prepared ;_;

10+ Year Old Account
    Plot armor
    Plot armor
    Plot armor
    Plot armor
    Oh i love these useless plot armor arguments. Let me try.

Cairne didn't kill Garrosh. Plot Armor. Maybe because the only reason people live or die is to further a plot?

Anyways if you read up on the fight it is fairly clear he was losing badly till the poison kicked in.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Sooooooo..

He couldn't kill Varian in wolfheart.
    He couldn't kill vol'jin himself he needed an assassin to attempt it
    He couldn't kill Jaina even with a bomb
    He couldn't kill Taran zhu even with a strike to the gut
    He couldn't kill a bunch of quillboars in mulgore
    And he couldn't kill Cairne, as he fanboys seem to keep pushing how he didn't do it himself it was magatha's poison that did it.
    Garrosh couldn't kill them because.....

..... Garrosh is actually just a very nice guy, just incredibly misunderstood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Mercury View Post
    Oh i love these useless plot armor arguments. Let me try.

Cairne didn't kill Garrosh. Plot Armor. Maybe because the only reason people live or die is to further a plot?

Anyways if you read up on the fight it is fairly clear he was losing badly till the poison kicked in.
    Cairne's fate was decided as soon as magatha put the poison on the axe. Whether garrosh was losing is irrelevant, all garrosh needed to do was land a blow on cairne and hes dead. It's not plot armor, it was the poison.

Jaina survived the mana bomb but rhonin didn't? Even though both were in theramore at the time? - plot armor

Many people have been assassinated in azeroth, but I guess vol'jin is immune to assassination? - plot armor

That's plot armor.

seems like the work of the council of tirisfal honestly, gorehowl's replacement by thrall in order to get him captured by varian in outland really seems strange considering it was still post cata, i doubt taran zhu or any other pandaren for that matter would have expected such a reaction from wrathion's poison used prior to the war of ancients expect a quick reaction from the legion no doubt.

Cairne's fate was decided as soon as magatha put the poison on the axe. Whether garrosh was losing is irrelevant, all garrosh needed to do was land a blow on cairne and hes dead. It's not plot armor, it was the poison.

Jaina survived the mana bomb but rhonin didn't? Even though both were in theramore at the time? - plot armor

Many people have been assassinated in azeroth, but I guess vol'jin is immune to assassination? - plot armor

That's plot armor.

Garrosh survived getting his ass kicked by Varian multiple times? Plot armor.

Sylvanas has her stupid val'kyr things to resurrect her whenever something bad happens to her? Plot armor.

Sylvanas never has to face the consequences of anything she does because the Argent Crusade and Ebon Blade conveniently ignore her while she does Lich Queen v2. stuff in their backyard? Plot armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Garrosh survived getting his ass kicked by Varian multiple times? Plot armor.

Sylvanas has her stupid val'kyr things to resurrect her whenever something bad happens to her? Plot armor.

Sylvanas never has to face the consequences of anything she does because the Argent Crusade and Ebon Blade conveniently ignore her while she does Lich Queen v2. stuff in their backyard? Plot armor.
    I don't think varian ever had the intent of killing garrosh. However, the other two examples are sound, the val'kyr stuff is idiotic.