Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I didn't know people could still pull off retarded shit like the OP did in the year 2013. I mean cmon, really? Either way, make a ticket and wait few days and move on. I get hacked every year, 1 ticket fixes all. Stop blaming hackers for stuff you do yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouzfun View Post
    Yeah, in africa people mutilate female genitalia, at least 1/4 of the kids wordwide will never get a proper school education, that attack in syria happened lately, but you aredisappointed because your stupidity got exploited, cool.
    Way to go out of context that is not relating to the subject matter.....

Quote Originally Posted by 86d View Post
    Curse is not sketchy at all and addons downloaded through their client cannot compromise your security. Addons do not activate until long after you had inputted your credentials.
    I didn't say curse was, I was making a point that no matter what we do, no matter where we go on the internet, nobody is safe. Even blizzard monitors peoples HDD's and theres been so much controversy over it, but thats A COMPLETELY different topic. I'm just saying I can't even login to my own email without reading or opening an email without the worry of someone implementing a keylogger.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I didn't know people could still pull off retarded shit like the OP did in the year 2013. I mean cmon, really? Either way, make a ticket and wait few days and move on. I get hacked every year, 1 ticket fixes all. Stop blaming hackers for stuff you do yourself.
    You didn't bother to read, but thanks for the consideration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    I had an authenticator, then it for some reason took a huge shit on both of my accounts on the same day so I was unable to log into wow for almost a week with 3 different accounts paid for. Blizzard refused to refund, my phone company refused to refund, so I figured, avoid the trouble.

But theres always trouble. Then my smartphone was dumped in some "food juice" and the person who did it refuses to pay up. It won't even stay on now, so I can't even use it wifi.

If it is free - this would be cause to give it a second look, for your privacy / securities sake. I'd suggest you take some time to learn safe browsing habits.
    Lastpass.com could be useful in allowing you to use much more difficult passwords. I would only suggest using this if you use two factor authentication such as a yubikey to protect such a powerful account.

Security is something people really don't spend time to learn. It is so very easy to fool people. Backtrack + utilities allow people to perform a wide range of exploits / attacks. Metasploit is amazing in its functions and terrifying in its scope and abilities. Pdf exploits are easy to craft and can be done in minutes.

Education - best way to stay secure. Simple articles are great resources (from legitimate sources of course)
    Last edited by Megalithe; 2013-08-30 at 07:59 AM.

There's the possibility that the account was sold very quickly and the individual making a ticket was a noobish little person who didn't want to play the game like everyone else so bought an account instead, because it makes 0 sense for a hacker to do this.

Shyama

Book One of The Devoted Trilogy: The Zi'veyn
    Etsy Shop: Wildlife & Gamer Jewellery

Quote Originally Posted by 86d View Post
    If it is free - this would be cause to give it a second look, for your privacy / securities sake. I'd suggest you take some time to learn safe browsing habits.
    Lastpass.com could be useful in allowing you to use much more difficult passwords. I would only suggest using this if you use two factor authentication such as a yubikey to protect such a powerful account.
    Never heard of it, I'll look into it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daeaye View Post
    There's the possibility that the account was sold very quickly and the individual making a ticket was a noobish little person who didn't want to play the game like everyone else so bought an account instead, because it makes 0 sense for a hacker to do this.
    Saddens me really, people just never want to work for anything anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anti Virus is nothing. YOU get keyloggers onto your computer by not being careful.
    Aye mate

Anyways, I ended up searching for an old android phone in my garage. Found one, its definitely not pretty or viable for such innocent eyes, but it does have play store and it will run authenticator. Unfortunately for some reason I'm not able to add it to both accounts, so I just need to hope they don't attack my main one. This should keep it safe for awhile, and hopefully blizzard will unban my wow accounts on the email.

Deleted
    Some tips

- get noscript for your internet viewer (firefox for example)
    - get adblock plus

- Don't trust all programs on the Internet, make an risk assessment for the files you want. Browse smart.
    - Antivirus won't protect you from the more stealthier keyloggers
    - Did I mention noscript?
    - Malwarebytes and ccleaner to keep your system clean.

Personally I would make a backup of the files you want to save and do a complete system purge. Format and reinstall, then get the above mentioned programs first before doing anything.

In regards to your question:
    Its money, they hack to get more money. Crime have existed for god knows how long and for various of reasons. You're blaming it the other way around: its the criminal who employs hackers that you should blame mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophill View Post
    If you think a virus caused this, then you should really reconsider what websites you visit or what you download off the internet. It is insanely hard to get a virus if you're intelligent when surfing the web.
    Bullshit. It isn't insanely hard at all to get a virus even if you are very tech savvy. Shit happens. Whether you want shit to happen or not, it happens. You can try to protect yourself as best you can, but something will always eventually slip through. If you're going to sit there and say "I've never gotten a virus or malware ever!" Then you're a flat out liar.

Stop giving out piss poor advice.

@The OP: Get an authenticator on the account, and get some software to clean your PC of virus/malware.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by queberts View Post
    Way to go out of context that is not relating to the subject matter.....
    I think the objective was to give the OP some perspective. But feel free to keep attempting to shoot others down without saying anything of interest yourself.

OP: Is it really this much of a big deal to need to use an authenticator? It's not exactly a chore, and it's free on smartphones. It's sad that it's needed sure, but it's sad that we need to use locks on our bikes too. People being scum isn't a new thing, and it's not Blizzard's fault. Be glad they have at least one countermeasure functioning that actually makes a difference.

I once got hacked, and the hacker sold all my things and took my gold,
    after he did that he made a ticket to a gm about account being hacked,
    the gm restored it and then he took it all again.
    all within 6hours

the msg to the gm(from the hacker) went like this

"oh man i just got hacked, this is the last thing i need. i just had surgery and now this. please give me all my stuff back"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    I think the objective was to give the OP some perspective. But feel free to keep attempting to shoot others down without saying anything of interest yourself.

OP: Is it really this much of a big deal to need to use an authenticator? It's not exactly a chore, and it's free on smartphones. It's sad that it's needed sure, but it's sad that we need to use locks on our bikes too. People being scum isn't a new thing, and it's not Blizzard's fault. Be glad they have at least one countermeasure functioning that actually makes a difference.
    He doesn't need perspective. He was hacked and he's pissed. And thats fine.

Welcome to the interwebz.

Hi Angarin, if you have any difficulties with getting this resolved please reach out to me here - I regularly check this site and will be happy to lend a hand as needed.

As general reference for anyone interested in reading about how best protect their system and account, we offer the following security page.

/Araxom
    Blizzard Customer Support

You gave away your personal information willingly.

I don't understand why people can't draw a correlation between giving out your SSN (as an example) to a person you don't recognize as giving your account information to a website you don't recognize.

Retraction: I do understand. People are lazy.

You earned the "hack", OP. And this wasn't a hack. You gave someone your drivers' license and birth certificate. They didn't pick the lock on the backdoor of your house and abscond with your wallet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouzfun View Post
    Yeah, in africa people mutilate female genitalia, at least 1/4 of the kids wordwide will never get a proper school education, that attack in syria happened lately, but you aredisappointed because your stupidity got exploited, cool.
    Brilliant... Sorry darling, I can't help you do the laundry today because kids in China are being sold into slavery. Have some fucking relative perspective. If every time I decided to cook dinner I was brought to my knees by the thought of starving kids then nothing would get done.

OT: this shit happens, it's the risk you take when putting so much time/investing emotionally in something that doesn't really exist and can be exploited by others for financial gain.

Authenticator.
    Last edited by mmoc0cdb03e806; 2013-09-04 at 09:23 PM.