Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Luck or bug? (Mount Drop talk)

So this week either my guild and my friends have been extremely lucky, or mount drops are currently bugged.

Tuesday, Killed Horridon Spawn of Horridon Drops
    Today kill Ji-kun and the Clutch of Ji-kun Drops

Both gone too two different people, sadly I rolled a two on both of them

Then about an hour later 6 of my friends all reported getting the mount from Oon or Nalak and 3 others got Clutch and Spawn to drop as well. All on heroic mode and never on normal(Excluding Oon and Nalk of course)

Is there currently a 100% drop chance bug again on bosses? this time just mounts, like when Gala and Sha were having a 100% drop chance on items.
    Or did me and all my friends get incredibly lucky this week?

And have any of y'all gotten any of these mounts dropping this week?
    Last edited by Burnick; 2013-08-30 at 07:37 AM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure but funny story of mine sounds exactly like your's. Back in cata I raided with my guild and then I switched teams and then suddenly that team each week we went to DS either mount off ultraxion dropped or the Deathwing normal mount dropped (which had a low chance of dropping) which sadly I didn't win and it dropped every single week until the team disbanded and joined other teams. I think its just luck sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    I'm not sure but funny story of mine sounds exactly like your's. Back in cata I raided with my guild and then I switched teams and then suddenly that team each week we went to DS either mount off ultraxion dropped or the Deathwing normal mount dropped (which had a low chance of dropping) which sadly I didn't win and it dropped every single week until the team disbanded and joined other teams. I think its just luck sometimes.
    It just strikes me as weird, I just had a friend get Ashes of al'ar like 2 minutes ago(Talking to him on skype) and thought he was shitting me, So I told him to screen share with me. Sure enough hes riding ashes, even thou I did it eariler and got nothing.
    Like everyone I know lately, their luck is going through the roof or something its ridic or mounts are having ALOT higher drop chance right now

Deleted
    It's more likely to be sheer luck.

I doubt if it was a bug it would be targeted at a specific guild.

Wish I was this lucky.

Tried for Ravenlord well over 500 times and still no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post

Wish I was this lucky.

It wasn't just my guild, its been my friends from different realms(Sargeras) and friends on the same realm, and then spawn and clutch for my guild, the ones I seen.
    I think all the people around me are just getting insanely lucky or some crap, its ridic

10+ Year Old Account

Wish I was this lucky.

I just want the damn sha mount...

I'd renounce using all my other mounts if I got that one...

...until a cooler one came out.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Want to know how many it took me? 2 ha.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    RNG is RNG is RNG.
    I farmed Baron Geddon for his Bindings, for 6 years.
    I got Attuman's and Onyxia's mount in the same evening.
    RNG is RNG is RNG is RNG.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

We also got Ji'kun Mount this reset (HC mode). There might be something to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just coincidence. Just did my weekly alysrazor solo on my dk and got nada.

Just killed Onyxia and Kael'thas, nothing.

Deleted
    Luck i got a couple of rare mounts on my first try. but some im still farming

Raven lord on my 5th run I think,
    No bindings from Baron yet on my DK 2 from garr ¬_¬
    RNG is RNG. i've seen both bindings drop before on one run crazy shit like that does happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ravenlord at level 70, maybe 20 kills?
    Rivendares horse after around 3000 kills (i actually got it from cta bag >.>)
    Midnight ... not counting, but I'd say easily more than 1000 runs, I've done 175 runs in the past couple month, nothing
    Blue proto drake took me a few week of running 5 times a day

Yet, I went into Maylgos 25 just for the hell of it and got the Azure drake, and got the Onyxian drake on third solo.

Random is random

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Ravenlord at level 70, maybe 20 kills?
    Rivendares horse after around 3000 kills (i actually got it from cta bag >.>)
    Midnight ... not counting, but I'd say easily more than 1000 runs, I've done 175 runs in the past couple month, nothing
    Blue proto drake took me a few week of running 5 times a day

Yet, I went into Maylgos 25 just for the hell of it and got the Azure drake, and got the Onyxian drake on third solo.

Random is random
    HHAHAAHA

I did strat for years no horse got the horse on my first CTA bag in Cata. glad to see it was not just me who got one from those bags

Midnight I got on one of my first Kara runs, was 2nd person on my old server to own it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got it from my third CTA bag as tank, amusingly enough, I actually zoned out and opened the bag in Eastern Plaguelands, on my way to Strat >.>

As for Midnight, never even seen it (let alone lost the roll). I killed him up to 4 times a week during TBC, solo'd him on my druid a fair amount in Wrath, did him on my Druid and other alts in Cata, and now in MoP, I'm running him 19 times a week, still never seen it >.<

Raven Lord I think I was about 5th person on my old server to get it, certainly within the first 5-10 or so. A 2am run with me to summon/tank Anzu

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheathx View Post
    It just strikes me as weird, I just had a friend get Ashes of al'ar like 2 minutes ago(Talking to him on skype) and thought he was shitting me, So I told him to screen share with me. Sure enough hes riding ashes, even thou I did it eariler and got nothing.
    Like everyone I know lately, their luck is going through the roof or something its ridic or mounts are having ALOT higher drop chance right now
    the deathwing mount was a 100% droppchance back then.. theother 1 was rare.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got the flametalon of alysarazor back to back does it mean It's a bug? Cmon OP :P ( I gave the other to a friend so it didn't go to a waste! ) Anyway It's just RNG.

''RNG is RNG''

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    the deathwing mount was a 100% droppchance back then.. theother 1 was rare.
    There were two different mounts to drop off Madness of Deathwing, the one rare drop on both normal and heroic and the 100% heroic only drop.

OT: Well, it seems your friends might just have the most insane luck atm. However, as others have stated it doesn't seem like a bug to me either.
    Last edited by mmoc7168d263de; 2013-08-30 at 11:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wooo, just got Zulian panther, been soloing it for about the last 2 week, twice a day in some cases, quite lucky. (not a bug ;p)

Didn't get raptor so will have to run it on my DK after these LFRs