Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darlissa View Post
    Fact is you need to stop being a crybaby learn to play. Destro has some very nice things to play with, you just need to open your eyes.

1. Which other dps class in the game can heal themselves by 33% of max hp in one global? 3 globals and you top up YOURSELF. Not even healing specs can heal that much without using CDs. Sure it comes at the cost of dps, but you CAN do it if you ever need to. Ember tap is actually very useful in PvE if u care about not dying, helping your healers in critical moments, and downing the boss rather than whoring the meters.

2. One of the best sustained aoe specs in the game. Tied with ele shamans which excel at 5-7 targets, but destro is very powerful when there are more targets. You can do it from ranged (unlike demo without MF), and you can even move while doing it if you take KJC.

3. Best on demand burst in the game over short periods of time (5-15 sec). Look at Ra-den.

Yes destro lacks a bit in single target and multidot fights, but tbh if destro was ace-ing those too, i would hardly see any point in playing something else.

Destro doesn't need any overhaul, your thinking does.
    A few responses. Not trying to start a fight, I just want to respond with my experience as a since-vanilla warlock.

1) Sorry, I thought i was playing a pure DPS character, not a moderate dps character with alot of damage sponge-like abilities. Yes we have since vanilla wow been tough in terms of health, but that idea has gone by the wayside when they changed equipment to be blanket stats for all clothies. While im not complaining that we have a nice safety net to prevent death, people who manage to do well in fights and not NEED the additional safety net gain nothing by having this instead of a higher dps. They have thrown utility and survivability at us every time they try to balance our dps and fail, and say 'well warlocks are fine because they can battle rez and have portals!'. This is a lazy way to balance. Warlocks are suppose to be a little bit better then a mage in terms of glass cannon, and im frankly fine with a mage having a better potential dps because of that, but that doesnt mean i should just be happy with the lazy balance that has been shown for several expansions now with this spec.

2) Which currently on the PTR cannot be sustained because of the ember nerf. People have reported that they can no longer keep a FnB rotation up unless the number of adds is at 5+, which is rather silly. How long during a prolonged fight are 5+ adds up? Most of it okay, but people who have raided before are focusing on something single target as well as AoE so they are going to peak dps at the start but peter off to crap pretty fast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    2) People have reported that they can no longer keep a FnB rotation up unless the number of adds is at 5+, which is rather silly.
    Why would you want to use FnB rotation on 3-4 targets? You're better off using (havoc+) chaos bolts. And as you said, on 5+ you're pretty much fine.

Deleted
    Why would you want to use FnB rotation on 3-4 targets? You're better off using (havoc+) chaos bolts. And as you said, on 5+ you're pretty much fine.
    Hmm I'm really not sure about that, being able to spam FnB on 4 targets if better than cleaving a chaos bolt every 25 sec imo

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Hmm I'm really not sure about that, being able to spam FnB on 4 targets if better than cleaving a chaos bolt every 25 sec imo
    Ideally we would be able to do both, but it doesn't loot like we will be able to without frequent shadowburns on dying adds.

Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    no-one will play Destro because it's bad

they will claim Destro seems bad because no-one plays it

hotfix Immolate additional 10% buff in two weeks, Destro untouched until 6.x
    It's funny cause its true.

but seriously affliction is in such a ridiculously strong place right now I don't see why anyone would care to even consider destro beyond pure stubbornness.

Locks are in a SUPER strong place for this coming tier more so than the previous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    It's funny cause its true.

but seriously affliction is in such a ridiculously strong place right now I don't see why anyone would care to even consider destro beyond pure stubbornness.

Locks are in a SUPER strong place for this coming tier more so than the previous.
    I can forsee a hotfix 10-25% nerf of Affliction DoTs similar to the Corruption/Doom nerf near the start of 5.2

I can forsee a hotfix 10-25% nerf of Affliction DoTs similar to the Corruption/Doom nerf near the start of 5.2
    That makes 0 sense, as they literally just rebalanced affliction because in a blue post somewhere they said they recognize afflictions dot damage has suffered a bit tooo much because of malefic grasp which is the ENTIRE reason for this rework.

They WANTED to increase afflictions multi-dot potential, unlike demo where they felt its multi-dot potential was far too strong (a lot of that because of UVLS + doom). The more probable change I could see is changing how soul swap works in some way shape or form, because soul swap is the reason affliction is pulling shenanigans numbers in multi target situations.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

they will claim Destro seems bad because no-one plays it

hotfix Immolate additional 10% buff in two weeks, Destro untouched until 6.x
    That's actually sadly true lol

Aff being good shouldn't be a reason for destro to be bad... I'm concerned that many from rank and file non lock morons to even some dev bias might be impacted by that flawed bit of logic.

If you have to spam an ultra high DPET execute that needs a limited resource and due to cheese/mechanics gets to be used more frequently just to keep up that's bad design. They showed no hesitation to "fix" RoF from single target but if other things (shadowburn sniping/cleaving via havoc mostly) is holding the spec back they need to tone it down and fix the damn spec. IE make shadowburn consume 3x havoc charges and give destro the nuts it so needs everywhere else.

BTW, is the Havoc Glyph pretty much a mandatory one for Destro now or is the cooldown going to be a serious issue.

Deleted
    BTW, is the Havoc Glyph pretty much a mandatory one for Destro now or is the cooldown going to be a serious issue.
    It depends of the fight obviously. If you can cleave only every 1 min or so it will be good, if you can cleave all the time then you will lose some charges with the glyph, depending on when the fight ends.

In 5 min :
    0 25 50 75 100 125 150 175 200 225 250 275 300 => 39 charges
    0 60 120 180 240 300 => 36 charges

In 4min40 (280 sec) : 36 vs 30
    etc
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-09-06 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Miscalculation

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    It depends of the fight obviously. If you can cleave only every 1 min or so it will be good, if you can cleave all the time then you will lose either 0 or 3 or 6 charges with the glyph, depending on when the fight ends.

In 5 min :
    0 25 50 75 100 125 150 175 200 225 250 275 300 => 36 charges
    0 60 120 180 240 300 => 36 charges
    Zum I think your math is wrong. For the 1st set of numbers the charges should be 39 as you get 3 charges at 0 and then 3 more every 25 seconds. So 13 x 3 = 39.

Deleted
    Yup you're right I miscounted the numbers
    fixed (and it makes more sense)

Sure destro is behind if you compare to the other 2 speccs.
    But i gotta say we´re starting to get spoiled.
    Warlocks far as i can see is the only Pure dps class that got the possibility to play all of our 3 speccs and still perform at a competive level.
    This is also the reason why I love my warlock, because it is not like mages that i have to sit on Fire specc 24/7, i can change specc depending of what boss mechanics and such am facing.

5.3 i played all 3 speccs during our ToT hc progression.
    5.4 yes it seems it´ll be affliction most of the time and some demo Maybe but still i can´t complain.
    As long as i have 1 specc i know i do a shitloads of damage with am a happy fella.

Quote Originally Posted by Goosy View Post
    Sure destro is behind if you compare to the other 2 speccs.
    But i gotta say we´re starting to get spoiled.
    Warlocks far as i can see is the only Pure dps class that got the possibility to play all of our 3 speccs and still perform at a competive level.
    This is also the reason why I love my warlock, because it is not like mages that i have to sit on Fire specc 24/7, i can change specc depending of what boss mechanics and such am facing.

5.3 i played all 3 speccs during our ToT hc progression.
    5.4 yes it seems it´ll be affliction most of the time and some demo Maybe but still i can´t complain.
    As long as i have 1 specc i know i do a shitloads of damage with am a happy fella.
    Having alternatives doesn't mean that Destro should suck.

One thing that baffles me about Destro and the RoF ember nerf is that we weren't OP with that mechanic. We were good, but not OP and we were starting to fall behind in scaling in progression. So Blizz sees that we are using RoF to generate embers and they nerf it so that we wont use RoF in our single target rotation. Instead of giving us better ember gen to at least get us back where we were, they buff CB? The spell that has been nerfed almost every patch this xpac because of PVPers that dont know how to LoS or interrupt?

How do they not see the REAL issue here... How do they not see that backdraft making incin cast times shorter hurts our scaling because haste puts the cast times below the GCD? Guess what the legendary Meta does?

Its almost like they see what players are saying and then instead of fixing the real issues because they are too stubborn to admit when players are right, they find some other way to "fix" it.

I guess at least Affliction will be pretty good so I wont have to play Demo as Destro and Affliction are my fav specs, but it is just baffling that they dont see any of this...
    Last edited by Xag; 2013-09-07 at 04:32 PM.

I am disappointed that destro will not see parity this expansion or at least tier. It seems that aff being good IS reason enough for destro to be bad. Having a spec that is about the nukes is a very fun change for locks....at least IMO. Just seems its one of those things nobody actually wants to fix like some kind of awkward next day "I shouldn't have hooked up w' that person" walk of shame where the devs just don't ever call the community back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think everyone plays this game with Min-max in mind. There will be some people playing it because they enjoy it.. or they hate affy/demo.

I am also sure it will have it's niche somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    In fact, I'd argue $100 for a bottle of scotch to drink while you're building it would be the best use of your money - but then, who wouldn't?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Having alternatives doesn't mean that Destro should suck.
    ''Sir Destro still sucks''
    ''If we buff it the PVP people will cry''

:3

GC's blather of "do you like more embers or do you think dmg is low" shows just how out of touch he is with the situation. I'm not sure if the rest of the team is that out of touch but they certainly are not kicking it up the ladder if they do.

Destro isn't even that great in pvp compared to any nuker or burst spec. Its gross negligence for any team to let the add cd's CB go off and you can basically ignore any of the non CD CB's since they hit for jack nothing. Its basically good at taking a beating and trying to stay alive via ember tap. Demo can burst more reliably (though a bit less) and has better mobility. Aff can both pressure or haunt + big dots for single target kill push.

Granted logic or math never matter to pvp qq'ers since they see the giant green dildo of doom hit them for a single large combat log entry but somehow fail to compute a shatter combo, 4x instant autocrat pyros w' a ton of periodic, oblit spam vs cloth, powershot>aimed proc>chimera, elelolwtfsham, etc.