Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got bored with gw2 when i realized I could sit a frozen Maw for months collecting loot and lvling faster then actually doing quest

didnt wow sell like 6mil in year one

oh GW2 my account got stolen during the big security breach after the beta and could not recover it since then, way to go! I am not touching that game with a 10 feet pole.

Nice fight outside orgrimmar, good job monk I respect you and guildwars is awesome mmo but not as good as wow.

GW2 - greatest fake in history

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTjc View Post
    Guild Wars 2 fastest selling MMO in History? Uhh Burning Crusade? or Wrath of the Lich King? maybe even Cataclysm? That is honestly the biggest lie ever.
    They said "fastest selling MMO" not "fastest selling MMO expansion."

Quote Originally Posted by Jackdemenzes View Post
    Also moving away from the holy trinity was a laudable goal but they kind of replaced it with nothing else, a lot of the dungeons felt like zergs, I didn't feel like I had a specific function (beyond "hit stuff").
    Pretty much this. If I could change GW2 I'd put the Holy Trinity back in and bring in some stuff to do beyond zerging around the place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

Oh man I can't wait to see the endless amount of wipes on Galakras in LFR.

Second,

Lol monks are OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakuzar View Post
    Oh man I can't wait to see the endless amount of wipes on Galakras in LFR.
    exackly my thought while watching this -_-

So GW2 announced 3 million copies sold in January, 6 months after game release.
    And 8 months after that, they've only sold half a million more.

Sounds like flagging word of mouth. Not so impressive for a game which relies mostly on purchase price for its income.

lol so many wow fanboys getting so butt hurt when some news about GW2 is posted.. babies must be feeling threatened to bother responding to it at all.. haha pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by smiteme12 View Post
    lol so many wow fanboys getting so butt hurt when some news about GW2 is posted.. babies must be feeling threatened to bother responding to it at all.. haha pathetic
    so many GW2 fanboys getting mad because of fact checking

So many fanboys getting mad about GW2 - wtf is wrong with you people ? You should be mad about soloing heroic raid content in same expansion - it's just retarded. I'm not suprised Blizzard is loosing 200k subs each month with crap like this.

Quote Originally Posted by smiteme12 View Post
    you got it all wrong, son. We want other MMOs to do well, competition makes Blizzard work harder and improve our game. But GW2 didn't do as well as expected, and that's a shame. Let's hope they sell more copies.

Good job Arenanet.I still play Guild Wars 2 and it is good to see another MMO holding there own.I want Warcraft to stay successful and MMO's such as Elder Scrolls Online and Wildstar to do well too when they go live.This is what the MMO gaming industry needs,competition.In the end it is the gamer that will reap the rewards from a better gaming experience.

soloing heroic raid content in same expansion - it's just retarded. I'm not suprised Blizzard is loosing 200k subs each month with crap like this.
    this.
    glad i am off the hook.

10+ Year Old Account
    So many haters hating on Gw2. Grats to Gw2 for lasting

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    "For flat Mastery enchants... maybe don't put them on characters that don't have Mastery yet."

Blizzard suggesting people apply common sense? PREPOSTEROUS!
    But seriously, game designers shouldn't be trying to fix stupid.
    You can apply Dodge or Spirit enchants even as classes that never use them, shouldn't be different for Mastery.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Awe View Post
    As someone who plays GW2 as his main MMO I should straighten up few things. First of all, yes, the chart has a lot of PR bull*** in it, same as most such charts presented by developers. LoL's chart from few months back comes to mind. Blizzard also does that ("All WoW subs lost is becouse of Diablo III"). The point is, you should take all those PR releases with a grain of salt no matter from who they come from. That being said, GW2 as "fastest selling MMO" is probably not a lie, just some facts bending. They still sold ***load of games in the first month or two. TBC or WOTLK probably sold faster, but you can bend it and claim those are expansions and not new MMO-s. So yeah, facts bending, thats all to it.

Second thing. Yes, probably most of people who bought GW2 left it. Probably true. But to calling this game "deader than dead" is a fallacy on so many levels. People saying that GW2 is dead probably have no clue about what they talk about or didnt logged to it since months. The only time when I seen bigger masses of players in WoW was when expansions were launching. The only time when LA is not zerged is between 4 and 8 am. New meta events are always full of people and WvW is alive 24/7. The point is, GW2 feels actually more alive than WoW on most servers. Now sure, WoW has still more players, thats a fact. And it is also true that WoW has like x10 more servers which splits the population. If you ask me, Blizzard should cut the amount of servers they have by 50% and do some merges. I dont know how many people are playing GW2 right now but the game certainly feels very alive. It feels alive with 50 servers. Same as EVE Online feels alive with less than 500k subs (at least half of which are alt accounts) but since all people are packed on only one big server, it feels well alive. Which btw. is also a good news for all WoW fans becouse it means that even if WoW will loose 8 million subs, it will still be able to feel alive, all that Blizzard will have to do is to merge some servers or utilize more CRZ and this new connected realms tech.

And last thing a bit more IMHO. I see some people saying that controls and feel of character in GW2 feels bad. Well, I know it is a subjective opinion and I cant deny that someone is not liking it. But for me GW2 is actually one of few MMO games which does the "feel the character" right. Most MMO I try, the control feels very choppy and that was one of the key reasons why I left those games. WoW was king in this aspect for years but GW2 is the game which finnally does it right for me. I would even say that I like GW2 feel of character more than the one from WoW. After playing GW2, it is the WoW system which feels more choppy for me (maybe its becouse of old models and the fact you can cast 99% of skills in GW2 while moving). That is of course all my opinion so I am not stating that as an absolute fact. But on same level, please dont try to impose the "fact" that GW2 character feel is bad. As long as there are people like me who thinks that it is even better than in WoW (while WoW is still great), it remains just a subjective opinion.

PS. Lets all play what we like most and enjoy it. Be it WoW, GW2 or any other game, shall we?
    Thank you Awe, You said what was in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    "For flat Mastery enchants... maybe don't put them on characters that don't have Mastery yet."

Blizzard suggesting people apply common sense? PREPOSTEROUS!
    But seriously, game designers shouldn't be trying to fix stupid.
    That's what they've been doing since Wrath of the Lich King. Why do you think more of the hardcore don't play anymore? Too many casuals tried to play, couldn't raid and/or PvP. So, the devs made it easier to play.