Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hirazu View Post
    Yeah we hope for better support from the Next GM we talk to..

- - - Updated - - -

After doing some proper searching on the interwebs i have found several accounts with authenticators that have been hacked but i have no clue how they do it
    Keys being logged maybe. I believe for the authenticator it blocks the ability to send the code to Blizzard and then transmits the code to the bastard (no, not John Snow, the gold farmer).

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG that would help us sooooo much <3
    Never even though of this
    I dunno I tried looking into it now and I can't find any option... could be just that I have my account frozen so it doesn't show up ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Never experienced such, nor don't I really believe the part of not restoring characters. They can back-track up to 24 months back, and bring your character back - BUT, if items has been sold on the same day as the deletion (say 24 months back) then you can't get those back. Considering that your brothers characters was deleted within 96 hours time, give or take an hour, they are completely able to reconstruct deleted characters and equipment - UNLESS, they can see that you sold your equipment and kept the gold.

Though, for cases like this, I find it amazing it took so long. Did he keep resetting/resending tickets? Normally something like this has an average response time of 10 min to 3 hours (That is my experience when I help friends with their cases. 34 situations over the past 3 years, max took 3 hours, min 10 minutes).
    We have some hope of restoring his characters now that soo many of you have said that they got there characters restored even though they have been deleted since long.

Hope we just got a tired GM last time.

I restored a character that was deleted 4-5 months ago in about 1 minute after I contacted a GM.

Deleted
    I never heard of hackers deleting toons. Also, if you get hacked and you call blizzard, it will be taken care of immediately. They will definately not tell you to make an in-game or out-game ticket. That basically leaves 1 option: like many other people that play this game, having fun means trolling and being horrible towards others.

Deleted
    When I got hacked I received all of my stuff back within a few days, actually ended up with a bit more as it seems the hacker missed a character and Bliz just "duped" my account from a previous time.

The most annoying thing is re-organizing everything once again as you get it all back via the mail system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Keys being logged maybe.
    not possible, since an authenticatorcode is GONE a few seconds after it was useable. Thats the whole story about authenticators beeing much saver than passwords could be

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Keys being logged maybe. I believe for the authenticator it blocks the ability to send the code to Blizzard and then transmits the code to the bastard (no, not John Snow, the gold farmer).
    We use Norton Anti Virus, should that program not detect Keyloggers?

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG that would help us sooooo much <3
    Never even though of this
    Under support, there's an ability to select your topic, you pick restoration - then get choices of characters deleted, items sold and so on - Click that and you'll get a list of characters that had been connected to your account before.

Sorry I cannot grant a link, but I don't have my authenticator with me to work, due to obvious reasons ^^
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    If he has an authenticator then there is no way he would be able to be hacked once, let alone several times.

Your friend is either bullshitting you or he's dealing with a hacker which can guess authenticator codes, probably a psychic.

There is no way an authenticator could be hacked.
    Please. I know blizzard says it's foolproof, but it is possible to find the algorithm that an authenticator is using, and that way always have that, for all authenticators made on that.
    That means, if somebody found the algorithm blizzards is made over it's useless against that person. Still have the password though. If that has happened yet is an entirely other question.

Is other ways to get around too, but isn't easy either. Doesn't mean it's impossible.
    Still sounds very very strange just to go in to actually _delete_ the characters. There's no purpose in that
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

10+ Year Old Account
    We use Norton Anti Virus, should that program not detect Keyloggers?
    Norton is the last Anti Virus program you wanna use lol

Your friend must be lying.
    1. Its not worth the bother to try and hack an account with an authenticator unless you have the authenticator in your hand.
    2. As said above, it is possible to get both items and toons back after several months.
    3. This seem like a post mostly to flame Blizzard Gms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodNewsEveryone View Post
    When I got hacked I received all of my stuff back within a few days, actually ended up with a bit more as it seems the hacker missed a character and Bliz just "duped" my account from a previous time.

The most annoying thing is re-organizing everything once again as you get it all back via the mail system.
    That, I was just about to write it. Indeed, if your account has been hacked/illegal use, then they wont ask you to make an account ticket, nor ingame. They would just tell you to call their phoneline, and they'll support full out.

Many doesn't know this, but did you know that Blizzard support line is free to call on Skype? +44 800 0288246 is the golden number, and they are always there to help with such matters as this one.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

So here is what happened!

3 Days ago!
    Me and my brother + 2 more friends was having fun, doing Random Battlegrounds and was trying to beat each other on Killing Blows.

After we have been doing this for like 3h's my brother suddenly got DC'd. (where not in a BG atm) so we just started to duell untill he should be back on.
    (We where all talking in skype)

He Said: Someone have changed my password... (he uses an authenticator)
    So he does a Password Recovery.

Gets back in to the game, 3 minutes later DC again.
    Again someone have changed his password...

Scan the computer, no viruses or anything, full scan everything and nothing shows up.
    Does a password recovery again and logs back on.

Now here is where the fun starts.
    When he got DC'd he had 5 lvl 90's, Now he have 1! All others where Deleted.

So what do we do, he made an in game ticket and calls Blizzard support (security department) they told him to do an IN-GAME AND OUTOF-GAME Ticket so he does.

Avrage w8 time: 7 Days (these times are never correct)
    So we keept playing...

Today he gets a respons (remind you he have been calling blizzard every day and they just tell him to make an IN/OUT of game ticket and w8).

GAME MASTER RESPONS:
    We are very sorry for what have happend to you and your account.
    We Will not be able to restore you characters/gold/items due to the fact that it have been to long since the characters/items/gold where lost.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!
    Wtf is this bullshit!

So he calls Blizzard and explains the situation and the answer he gets is:
    Sometimes Queue times is very long and we try to help anyone that is in need.
    We apologise for this and will make sure it does not happen again.

Have you guys ever experienced anything like this?
    Yeah no you are straight up lying. I don't think we are getting the full story here. I'm getting the feeling this is just yet another thread made solely to discourage people from recovering their accounts so the gold sellers get more time to exploit compromised accounts and the economies of various servers.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2013-08-30 at 09:08 AM.

Yeah....This is fake.... The proper channel for hacked accounts is the phone line. They wouldnt tell you to make tickets because your account was hacked and you wouldnt be able to log in to submit them.

You call, tell them you were hacked, they ask for proper ID, you give it, they shut down the account and investigate. Later you get an email telling you they investigated and you should scan for viruses then change your passwords and secret questions.

No i have been over there and seen everything all the out of game tickets and answers.

He have made aditional tickets today and hopes for a better result because this is just plain stupid.

They take very long to help him and when they respond they say it have been to long since they where deleted.... *Sigh*
    What do you define as "too long"? Ticket times are down to less than 48 hours with high priority tickets (such as account recovery) being dealt with almost immediately. It certainly doesn't take "days" to get addressed. Have your friend make a thread on the customer support forums detailing how Blizzard "wronged" him but warn him they will disclose some rather embarassing details if it means preserving the integrity of their reporting systems. They don't let people who are possibly working with gold sellers and botters spread misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Please. I know blizzard says it's foolproof
    Actually, Blizzard has stated several times that the Auth is NOT 100% full proof, and that all it does is add an extra layer of protection.
    I grew up in the era where you had to go to channel 3 to play video games.

Deleted
    Keep making tickets, it sometimes took me 5 tickets to get helped. Some GM's are simply to lazy. They can restore gold as long it shows up in the logs that it is lost. Even a couple months are fine.

Thats the thing how are they doing this??? Authenticator and no malicious software... i dont get it
    For the sake of argument let's say your "friend" was completely innocent, is it possible he has removed his authenticator before the compromise occurred? Man in the middle attacks are very very rare and there are only at most a few documented cases of it. Just from my time on the customer support forums it is a fairly common occurrence for accounts to be compromised almost immediately when an authenticator is removed. Gold sellers don't have a problem sitting on account information for days/weeks/months/years at a time waiting for authenticators to be removed for whatever reason. They are also now heavily involved with identity theft in order to get authenticators removed. Then there is the fact many gold selling sites are now tricking players into providing them with personally identifying information such as photo ids and passports before allowing them to buy gold for the sole purpose of using said photo id to get authenticators removed in order to steal back the gold they just sold.

Deleted
    Authenticators are still vulnerable to Man-in-the-middle attacks or keyloggers.

Here's a tip for the next time this happens to you:
    Change the password on a different computer. The computer you used is CLEARLY compromised and even though your scanner tells it is clean, should not be used again to log into the game or change your password until you've found and removed the problem.