Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by jwtelesio View Post
    My issue was more of them telling me that the other person needed to report there being an issue not me. in the case of people having bugs and in one case of a guildy having possibly been hacked.
    Like I said its possible they sent one of their terrible replies that doesn't make what they are saying very clear.

They do respond to those types of tickets but their hands are tied in some situations because of the fact there are things only the owner of the account can have them do which is why they advise people to have their friends directly contact Blizzard themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometime in wotlk I restored my character that I deleted in tbc.
    So yea... make another ticket?
    I used to delete a lot of characters to get a free name change (do it at your own responsibility).

I think with this one Blizzard are refusing to restore the characters because your friend seems to be riddled with viruses and what not.
    As with any restoration it is at their discretion if they feel that you are lying or are going to be "hacked" again almost immediately they can refuse to restore anything to the account.

From what you have said you friend has an authenticator and was booted twice in a short period due to being hacked so what would be the point of getting anything restored atm as the account would likely be hacked repeatedly until you find the problem or change details like email password and secret question from a secure device, a reformat of the HDD and clean instal of the OS would be essential if your AV/anti mal program cant find anything

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    I think with this one Blizzard are refusing to restore the characters because your friend seems to be riddled with viruses and what not.
    As with any restoration it is at their discretion if they feel that you are lying or are going to be "hacked" again almost immediately they can refuse to restore anything to the account.

From what you have said you friend has an authenticator and was booted twice in a short period due to being hacked so what would be the point of getting anything restored atm as the account would likely be hacked repeatedly until you find the problem or change details like email password and secret question from a secure device, a reformat of the HDD and clean instal of the OS would be essential if your AV/anti mal program cant find anything
    Actually there was a recent blue post stating the opposite. They will restore the items and characters assuming they have the data backups to do so regardless of whether or not the account holder secures his system and finds the source of the compromise. In my opinion I think that is far far too lenient but that is their policy.