Deleted

Auctioneer - Which Scan to use?

Hi I am terrible when it comes to earning gold but I was recommended to use Auctioneer and as you may know its hard to get use to for a new user. I was told to scan once a day for 2 weeks (Might sound familiar if you use the addon I assume) and there are two scans to pick. Theres the scan button which takes 50 minutes (which seems a little crazy to me) and the faster scan next to the pause button which I have been using but think that is the wrong method.

Also I read on the wowwiki about it and it said press the scan button which usually takes 15 minutes and so I am wondering why does it take me 50 minutes?!

Can anyone enlighten me on this? I really want to get into this addon but struggling on the basics it seems. Also if anyone knows a good guide on YouTube or web page besides wowwiki then that would be great. Wowwiki has helped but still reading through it. Prefer a good youtube video guide any day but most of the ones I have watched are terrible!

Thank you!

Both scans fetch exactly the same information.
    The "GetAll" scan will fetch the entire auction house in one go, an officially supported approach but can only be done once every 15 minutes per account, and that includes all addons which might utilise it.
    That is also very dependant on your internet connection.

The slower scan will fetch each page of the auction house individually, and taking considerably longer as a result.
    Though it is more reliable should the GetAll Scan fail.

Deleted
    Oh okay, was worried the GetAll scan will miss a lot of information that the longer scan will get but I know it recommends a good PC and good internet which mine should be able to handle with no issues so I will just stick to that. Really do not have to wait 50+ minutes each time Thank you.

I can use the GetAll scan fine in most cases, and my PC is hardly "good" by modern standards.
    Should it mean anything, it is running an AMD Phenom II x4 810 at stock, and an nvidia 250 gts.
    It takes a little while to process the scan afterwards, but that is where the performance suffers, not in the ability to do the scan.

Deleted
    short trick: allways do a /reload after ur scan is fully done. this will storethe data and make futre scans like "disenchant" way faster

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're just now learning auctioneer. You should download Trade Skill Master and invest your time in learning that one instead. It's complicated but it's a very powerful addon. If you're looking for something simple, I recommend auctionator. Auctionator and Auctioneer work very well together.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    If you're just now learning auctioneer. You should download Trade Skill Master and invest your time in learning that one instead. It's complicated but it's a very powerful addon. If you're looking for something simple, I recommend auctionator. Auctionator and Auctioneer work very well together.
    i dont recomment using TSM over auctioneer. It lags some options that auctioneer offers (disenchant, smelting etc.). I would use both for sure. They can even share scandata so no reason to not use both.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by h4n4 View Post
    i dont recomment using TSM over auctioneer. It lags some options that auctioneer offers (disenchant, smelting etc.). I would use both for sure. They can even share scandata so no reason to not use both.
    those optios exsist in TSM also.

just download all plugins for TSM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanos View Post
    those optios exsist in TSM also.

just download all plugins for TSM.
    i didnt know that... and i cant find it. can you link just the disenchant one?

I am currently used to how auctioneer works, at least in the basic tools.
    But I am looking at things that Auctioneer cannot cater to, so I really need to have another look at TSM also.
    Thank you for bringing that up.

If you're on a large population server with a large auction house, Alliance Stormrage for example, even the GetAll scan button can take 10-15 min to run.