Real ID friend option gone

Hey,

I lost my phone a few months ago and had to remove authenticator which led to me getting hacked a few days ago. Blizzard were quick and helpful and got everything back etc. But the hacker has removed my real ID friends, not a big issue apart from the fact that I no longer have the option to add people using their email its like old school where I can only add character names.

Have the hackers disabled some sort of option for this? Does anyone have any idea how I can get this option back?

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure? It's the same dialog for both. You can enter a battletag or an email.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's only one box in the 'add friend' window now, you add character name, email address, or BattleTag, whichever you have, in that same box. There's no separate box for adding people by email or BTag.

That said, there ARE parental controls on the BNet account page that can turn off RealID, check the parental controls page and make sure it hasn't been turned off.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just try, there is only one box now I believe, So just have a go and see what happens

hey guys I am sure, the box is different to what it was and when I enter email it says the character name does not exist, I will check the parental controls now on battlenet

10+ Year Old Account
    Just took a screenshot, here is what I see when clicking "add friend"

So it must be a UI or other issue on your side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by intimidate View Post
    hey guys I am sure, the box is different to what it was and when I enter email it says the character name does not exist, I will check the parental controls now on battlenet
    Well then I imagine what might have happened is the guy blocked your friends. You may need to contact your former RealID friends outside of the game to get unblocked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, they may have disabled Real ID under your Battle.net Account settings. Just log in to the website and go through the settings to be sure.