Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cool The Sage class idea!

Move aside all you Demon Hunters, Tinkers, and Bards! This is... THE SAGE!!!

The Sage will be a hero class that starts at lvl 80 with it's own starting zone, underneath Karazhan! The spirit of Midivh which is trapped below Karazhan has called some braze souls who already have some skills for magic to join him and train below Kara to become Sages. Medivh being the last Guardian of Trisfall, is a master of all forms of magic Shaman, Druid, Mage, Priest and Warlock! With his training and teaching you too can become almost as powerful as he by combining all the magics into it's own unique style! Here's more information on Medivh...

http://www.wowwiki.com/Medivh

So you start off at lvl 70, and wear cloth for all 3 specs. The specs being...
    Twilight- A combination of Holy and Shadow to deal shadow damage to enemies and to heal party members at the same time, using dots and once the dots tick their final tick they heal small amounts to the party.
    Frostfire- A combination of Frost and Fire ranged damage. Mostly of cast times and direct damage with lots of control.
    Groundwater- A combination of Nature and Water healing spells. Plenty of Hots and direct heals.

Once you do some starter zone quests and finally get to level 80 you go out unto Cata zones leveling up to level cap as usual with some Class quests mixed into the leveling Process. At 85 you would have a class quest to learn Travel Form where you would turn into a version of your racial mount, where other players can ride you. At 90, you would have a quest to learn Flightform. At 100 you would learn mass teleport, and mass summon!

The Sage will be balanced with other classes, the reasoning is because while other spell casters such as Mages constantly grow and level up and improve, The Sage will be trying to be a master of them all, but never coming close to the expertise of them, but still powerful using all different types of magic. Let me know your thoughts, please no comments like "No new classes" if you feel that way you shouldn't be clicking on a new class theory, it's not constructive to the topic at all.
    Last edited by Sageofthe10paths; 2013-09-07 at 08:59 PM.

We have too many classes in wow atm we don't need any more especially one that is pretty much a combo mage shaman druid like you said. Its interesting but i dont see how blizzard could balance it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    We have too many classes in wow atm we don't need any more especially one that is pretty much a combo mage shaman druid like you said. Its interesting but i dont see how blizzard could balance it.
    It'll be balanced, and I feel like new classes really draw players back to the game, who are tired with the same old thing. Plus leveling is really fun for some people, take note of my signature lol. The class would feel like All the spell casters had a baby and each spec feels like two in one with multiple uses.

Deleted
    Dark Ranger plox!

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    So a disc priest/spriest for twilight, a mage/shaman for frostfire and a druid/shaman for groundwater?
    More like Affliction Warlock/ Holy Priest for Twilight, Frost mage/ Elemental Shaman for Frostfire, Resto Druid/ Shaman for Groundwater. There would be other spells splashed in there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    Well, considering that Blizzard adds new classes now on like daily basis and doesn't care about balance that much...

This is what a Sage vs. a Bard dual would look like...

Seriously though, if you played Final Fantasy 4 you will remember Tellah. He was a master of all magics, it'll be alot like that.

Is Sayge the Sage?

I totally want to be the gnoll SAGE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    Is Sayge the Sage?

I totally want to be the gnoll SAGE!!
    I'm gonna say no, but Medihv's son who is half human half orc could be one of the students with you while you quest up. Would be a cool way to introduce him into the story.

Stood in the Fire themightysven's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    too magey
    also, if there is a new class (no matter what it is) I hope it will be balanced with other classes, I don't know if that should be a selling point
    Ewok Sith Lords are all about Agility

Quote Originally Posted by themightysven View Post
    too magey
    also, if there is a new class (no matter what it is) I hope it will be balanced with other classes, I don't know if that should be a selling point
    I only explained how it would be balanced with others, because I could see other people saying how well if it's a master of like 5 different spell caster classes how will it be balanced? It will start off at lvl 70 and end up at 80 by the end of the starter zone, thus making it a hero class, and rightfully so!

As much as another class isn't what the game needs right now and we probably won't see a new one until at earliest expansion 6, maybe later, this is exactly the type of class that would be implemented. I don't think Blizzard would do another melee class, this game doesn't need more melee classes, raids are already bloated for melee (remember those statistics about ranged classes doing much more endgame content?), and a ranged/healer hybrid is exactly what they'd do.

That said though, don't hold your breath, another class won't happen for years.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Whenever it comes to designing a new class, you need to be able to design a class that has very significant differences between warlock, spriest, mage, and sage. Right now you have too many overlapping ideas between your Sage, and other classes. Monks had no martial art classes to overlap. Death Knights had no undead-themed class to compete with.

This is why dark ranger, bard, tinker, and demon hunter have been so dominant in class ideas, because they have a comfortable distance from the closest thing. Demon Hunters might be too close to rogue and warlock. Dark ranger might be too close to hunter. Tinker might be too close to the engineering profession, but I can still imagine them all being pulled off if designed right.

However, I'm sorry to say that Sage, without a much stronger distance between it and the other casters, doesn't have a spot as a class in WoW.

Deleted
    Needs more Shurikens and Datebayo and shadowclones.

Atleast they allrdy have rasengan.

Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    Whenever it comes to designing a new class, you need to be able to design a class that has very significant differences between warlock, spriest, mage, and sage. Right now you have too many overlapping ideas between your Sage, and other classes. Monks had no martial art classes to overlap. Death Knights had no undead-themed class to compete with.

This is why dark ranger, bard, tinker, and demon hunter have been so dominant in class ideas, because they have a comfortable distance from the closest thing. Demon Hunters might be too close to rogue and warlock. Dark ranger might be too close to hunter. Tinker might be too close to the engineering profession, but I can still imagine them all being pulled off if designed right.

However, I'm sorry to say that Sage, without a much stronger distance between it and the other casters, doesn't have a spot as a class in WoW.
    I hear what you're saying, but The Sage would be such a mixture of so many different elements it would feel totally new. Twilight spec's healing through doing damage would be that of half a healer, but with better gear would improve obviously. They said they wanted to break up the trinity of healer, tank, dps. Classes with off healing help do that. Like WW Monks, Shadow Priests, and Ret Paladins who provides raid heals on top of their dps.

Too much Medivh who is like all casters in one class, even though the class boundaries are for gameplay reasons anyway.

Interesting start but needs to be fleshed out a bit. Also we need more unique classes, not yet another class that feels like all the other classes in the game due to homogenization.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Interesting start but needs to be fleshed out a bit. Also we need more unique classes, not yet another class that feels like all the other classes in the game due to homogenization.
    Like Demon Hunter maybe? The class that got split up into Warlock and Warrior classes lol? What about a Paladin? They're a perfect mixture of Warrior and Priest aren't they? The homogenization only exists with say interrupts, crowd control, and smart heals. I'm not a class designer or anything, I just come up with fun class ideas and I enjoy talking about them. So a ranged dps that can deal damage and spot heal such as [Twilight Word: Agony]-dot that can be cast on enemies and same amount random heals most injured player. or [Twilight Fire]- Direct damage that also deals dot? A ranged dps that can crowd control and deal damage like [Frostfire Wall]- places a wall of burning ice, touching it deals damage plus roots or [Blizzard Quake]-aoe damage spell that causes targets to be stunned for 1 second and slowed. Healing spells like [Water Well]-like a light well, but places riptides, [Chain Rejuvenation]-hits multiple players with a hot, and [Tranquil Spirit]- channeled healing spell that places bubbles on players that absorb damage. Just combine two spells from the list of classes and you get a new interesting spell for the Sage.

@ Shiift LOL, I see what you did there ; ). The Sage wouldn't be like the one in Naruto, and my forum name comes from that show, but it's more or less how I like to master every class that comes out in WoW, so to me, more classes the better. Gotta keep the game fresh and interesting some how right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Naruto sage mode, using nature energy. I wouldn't mind that

The idea is ok but I'm not very found of different kinds of magic sources for each spec, just seems unrealistic to me.

I would rather see some kind of system to built op nature energy (I dont mean a automatic energy bar like rogues etc..) and let the spec decide how it's use. So maybe there could be an intellect/strenght/stamina spec, which would mean the nature energy that is aqcuired through (maybe) certain spells/attacks (be it melee/ranged) are the source to use more strong/effective melee/ranged attacks. Perhaps the intellect one can be a healing spec..

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

Quote Originally Posted by nimryas View Post
    Naruto sage mode, using nature energy. I wouldn't mind that

The idea is ok but I'm not very found of different kinds of magic sources for each spec, just seems unrealistic to me.

I would rather see some kind of system to built op nature energy (I dont mean a automatic energy bar like rogues etc..) and let the spec decide how it's use. So maybe there could be an intellect/strenght/stamina spec, which would mean the nature energy that is aqcuired through (maybe) certain spells/attacks (be it melee/ranged) are the source to use more strong/effective melee/ranged attacks. Perhaps the intellect one can be a healing spec..
    I think I'm sick of the alternate resources classes use to perform moves i.e. Holy Power, Combo Points, Shadow Orbs, Chi, and Soul Shards. It's starting to feel like all the classes with this are very similar now. I could be really fine with just mana usage, or pet controls.