Page 1 of 33
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Why did people love TBC?

Why did people love TBC? Look at this. LOOK AT IT...

because they didnt play warcraft 3.

BURN @_@
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    This won't end well... Anyways, to summarize;

Their first expansion, their first MMO and/or nostalgia.

3, 2, 1 - LET THE SHITSTORM COMMENCE!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand? That's quest giver shit lol what do you want us to discuss?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because there is more to an expansion than the gear you wear in it.

Also, I can link gear from TBC too!
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Because they do. Why do you care about what they love?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

my orc warrior in full t6(also t5) rly disagree

t5 and t6 was and are best looking gear for most of classes

I hear you. The armor for most classes looked like shit. BUT. I loved TBC cuase it feeled fresh. Flying mounts. Awesome raiding instances. Arena system.
    I can go on and on.

Deleted
    It's nostalgia. I don't care what anyone else thinks, that's the truth. As a player since vanilla, I have to say that all of you crying bloody murder from the rooftops that any old and inferior expansion/game is better than what's out now to kindly look at the truth and accept that it's just your own preferance and what we have now is superior to the old stuff in every way.

Most people who really enjoy the game back then loved the raiding, If they are like me they really didn't care much what they looked like in the gear as long as it had good stats. But you and I remember BC very differently, my hunter in full T4 looked bad ass. And either way I have never seen an orc in game look like that one on the Left, that is a trailer quality model not an in game model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmochampionuserone View Post
    It's nostalgia. I don't care what anyone else thinks, that's the truth. As a player since vanilla, I have to say that all of you crying bloody murder from the rooftops that any old and inferior expansion/game is better than what's out now to kindly look at the truth and accept that it's just your own preferance and what we have now is superior to the old stuff in every way.
    This, nostalgia is the absolute worst human emotion imo. It goes beyond video games though. I hate nostalgia IRL too.

Deleted
    dis thred gon go well.

I enjoyed tbc cause it was new and shiny since I just started playing. I mean an example of the somewhat vulgure quests items like you linked never really bothered me, I felt like a boss when I got rid of it all and had a full cool looking set on my first char. I like the other expansions too for different reasons and try not to worry about the past too much since I still enjoy the game now :^)

I loved the raiding, the attunements, the linear style with a glimpse of a catchup-system already in place for 2.4.

Also Karazhan was epic. Liked the whole package.

What adds to this is that lots of people including myself didnt play the game already for 5 years, and were still hooked like a fresh pothead to pot.
    Even if the next expansion will be the best of them all, i doubt i will feel like it, since i kinda grew out of the game, got kinda tired of it, but just cant stop. Hope you get my drift.

You've convinced me TBC was bad because the quest gear didn't match. Silly nostalgia!
    Hi Sephurik

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    For me personally. As a raider, the raids and heroics were amazing. I was in one of those guilds who cleared almost every thing when it was current content (we killed one boss in SWP be for the wrath patch). While doing so I had the greatest time of my wow career. Not saying I don't have a good time.

Besides that, back then all my friends were still playing (now it's just me). So we had some LAN parties where everyone just grouped up and pvp'd for hours or raided karazhan on alts.

Thats why TBC is still the best expansion for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killmaim Deathbringer View Post
    Why did people love TBC? Look at this. LOOK AT IT...

Look at what exactly? a great picture of an orc thats not from the game and a picture of an orc in random crap looking quest gear that happens to be tbc items from the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    People liked TBC for the same reason anyone likes anything, and that reason is invariably their own and comes in thousands if not millions of different forms. I might not share that POV, but I'm not going to sit here and try to tell them they're wrong. At least, not until my mental powers develop and I learn to read minds through the internet.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nostalgia, and the fact the game was still new to most people.

imo it was a terrible expansion, only reason i enjoyed it was because WoW was still new to me, if TBC released today i would want a refund on my purchase.
    dragonmaw - EU

Deleted
    1. It was the first expansion
    2. Levelling went smoother
    3. Raids were really challenging & amazing
    4. The tier looked amazing in those days and anyone who got their hands on a full set was the equivalent like a hardcore heroic raider
    5. Heroics & Atunement farm (some disliked it) but I found it quite amusing back than
    6. Flying mounts for the first time!!!
    7. 2 new races wich was a welcome addition on the classic races
    8. Illidan & his cinematic
    9. Arena & pvp was quite fun back than
    10. World pvp

And I could go on and on but you will probably don't get it unless you we're in it yourself.
    It was a blast, I wouldn't go back to it now since its not really relevant for the current
    gaming generation (things took to long for the casual gamer) but man did we have fun

What I'm more curious about is how it seems that everyone who loved TBC was in guilds that could clear TK/BT/SWP, and so never experienced the soul-crushing that plagued guilds that were stuck in Karazhan for the entire expansion because they couldn't field 25 people or couldn't attune before they left, and only served as stepping stones for people on their way to better guilds. It's kind of hard to see issues when they don't affect you at all.