Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Good stuff, Collision.

Quote Originally Posted by Adsertif View Post
    You nerds just got told.

But is there a threshold that Bloodbath would beat out SB regarding an AE fight, where uptime would be high for cleaving?
    Yeah.

Using my example above, you would need to do 3.383 million damage over 12 seconds to beat out storm bolt.

Whirlwind hits for 85% weapon damage in both hands.

50k * .85 + 50k * .85 *.625 = 69k per target per gcd.

Bladestorm hits for 120% weapon damage every 1 second.
    50k * 1.2 + 50k * 1.2 * .625 = 97.5k per target per 2/3 gcd, or around 146.25k per gcd.

Bladestorm lasts half of the 12 seconds if timed perfectly, so 1 gcd goes to bloodthirst for the enrage after and 3 gcds will go to whirlwind after that.

Effectively a rotation that looks like: BT-Bloodbath-Bladestorm-BT-WW-WW-WW

Use this formula:
    (69,000 * x * 3) + (146,250 * x * 4) = 3,383,000

I'm lazy, so I used wolfram-alpha.

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i...+3%2C383%2C000

http://gyazo.com/9467354b563599a505488120548041d3

5 targets for TG.

You'd need to take into consideration any delays in using bladestorm as well, so if 5 adds come out every 90 seconds it may not be worth using bloodbath over storm bolt, as you can always use storm bolt as long as there is 1 target up. Same if the adds die before the bleed runs out.

The nice thing about the bloodbath vs storm bolt debate is that if you aren't sure, just take storm bolt. Bladestorm is going to be doing most of the work and that talent is on a different tier.
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2013-09-01 at 04:12 AM.

Practicing on the PTR, felt really nice to BT -> CS -> Storm Bolt -> Execute - > Raging Blow -> Raging Blow

Collision, I assume not, but in your testing is there any real difference between SMF and TG for purposes of Storm Bolt vs Bloodbath?

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Practicing on the PTR, felt really nice to BT -> CS -> Storm Bolt -> Execute - > Raging Blow -> Raging Blow

Collision, I assume not, but in your testing is there any real difference between SMF and TG for purposes of Storm Bolt vs Bloodbath?
    SMF gets a little more out of bloodbath compared to storm bolt (Dragon roar, execute, heroic strike doing 1.4x more damage), but it's not quite enough to push it over.

I figured, I didn't know what the difference would be, when you factored the opportunity cost it came down fairly close (though you did say you tweaked RB usage, etc, in its favor). I wasn't sure if that was enough to tip it over.

Edit: Follow up; I think it was discussed earlier, but can't remember. This makes the CD reduction trinket worth using for Storm Bolt every CS correct? And Amp on the other slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    I figured, I didn't know what the difference would be, when you factored the opportunity cost it came down fairly close (though you did say you tweaked RB usage, etc, in its favor). I wasn't sure if that was enough to tip it over.

Edit: Follow up; I think it was discussed earlier, but can't remember. This makes the CD reduction trinket worth using for Storm Bolt every CS correct? And Amp on the other slot.
    Yeah, it's still too early to write it down as the law of the land, but after trying it out on ptr and using it in a simulation, it felt right.

Plus, the other trinkets are just crappy.

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    Yeah, it's still too early to write it down as the law of the land, but after trying it out on ptr and using it in a simulation, it felt right.

Plus, the other trinkets are just crappy.
    Agreed. The crit trinket looked so promising too D:
    Only a week left, our chances at getting any changes are just about gone. I suppose its time to sit down and start deciding what to go for.

So effectively we want to go for Evil Eye of Galakras first, along w/ 2p T16 and the weapons w/ more damage?

Otherwise the Amp trinket etc. is just icing on the cake?
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

Quote Originally Posted by Adsertif View Post
    So effectively we want to go for Evil Eye of Galakras first, along w/ 2p T16 and the weapons w/ more damage?

Otherwise the Amp trinket etc. is just icing on the cake?
    Tier 1: Amplify
    Tier 2: Blank.
    Tier 3: CDR
    Tier 4: H-TF Feather/H Skeers

Amplify is head and shoulders above the others. H-TF Feather is somewhere around 100 dps worse than a H skeer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goxicity View Post
    This is BiS list which i made myself just by looking at SoO loot table. Also added weapon for Arms. Any experienced warriors out there who is reading this, post replay about things i should change and elaborate why is that Thnx!

Head: Helmet of the Prehistoric Marauder (tier) - Thok the Bloodthirsty

Neck: Malkorok's Tainted Dog Tags - Malkorok

Shoulders: Tusks of Mannoroth - Garrosh Hellscream

Cloak: Legendary

Chest: Battleplate of the Prehistoric Marauder (tier) - Sha of Pride

Wrist: Bracers of Blind Hatred - Norushen

Gloves: Gauntlets of the Prehistoric Marauder (tier) - General Nazgrim

Waist: Demolisher's Reinforced Belt - Iron Juggernaut

Legs: Legplates of the Prehistoric Marauder (tier) - Paragons of the Klaxxi

Feet: Wolf-Rider Spurs - Kor'kron Dark Shaman

Ring 1: Sorrowpath Signet - The Fallen Protectors

Ring 2: Seal of the Forgotten Kings - Spoils of Pandaria

Trinket 1: Evil Eye of Galakras - Galakras

Trinket 2: Skeer's Bloodsoaked Talisman - Paragons of the Klaxxi

Weapon Fury: Malkorok's Skullcleaver x2 - Malkorok

Weapon Arms: Greatsword of Pride's Fall - Sha of Pride or Xal'atoh, Desecrated Image of Gorehowl - Garrosh Hellscream
    That "BiS" list is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by d00f View Post
    well u need acces to all simcraft data then if u need to fix everything.

What did i get wrong ? I mean DW doesnt go with REck on PTR i tested it 100 times.

Btw in a 450 secounds fight lenght simulation there are 138Ticks of DW hows that? 450/3 = 150 ticks. if the first starts after 3secs its 149 if iam right ?

and yeah i told warriorsarri about that skullbanner thing, most of ppl think that it gets snapshotted.
    But that was a HUGE BUG, every sim in 5.3 was wrong there, most of all the Warlock simulations.
    I mean think about a crit doom or something like that with 20% more damage for 2 minutes?
    The deep wounds thing isn't messed up, the number you're looking at is how many times it is applied, if you look to the right it says "Ticks"

http://gyazo.com/f0525b8a30fbc954bdcfe1702f2d6c8f

150, which is how many it should have.
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2013-09-01 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Draconess View Post
    My personal preference to the 4 piece this coming tier is that its utter garbage with a terrible proc chance and there are better subs for the legs, chest, and shoulders all with crit/mastery and better itemized sockets.

As for the Malkorok axes I don't think will be BiS as there is a lack of expertise on gear unless you use the tier shoulders, the weapons for smf would be the sword x2 off of the Klaxxi paragons as it has exp/crit. http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=103972

Also the manoroth shoulders i don't think will be bis either as garrosh drops another pair of strength shoulders with crit/mastery and 2 yellow sockets which means for much more crit and from the math I've done if you don't use the 4 piece you will have roughly 18,000 crit rating from gems/chants/gear.

There is also a crafted hit/crit belt that only takes maximum 21 days to make if you get the recipe early which means less reforging for hit also and its got crit so that's automatically better than a haste/mastery belt unless your pushing 53% crit with buffs which you wont til heroic gear. http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=98616
    Indeed not alot of expertise on gear, but there is alot of red gems. Meaning we're gonna use alot of exp+crit gems so getting to the cap wont be a huge issue

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shatzi View Post
    That "BiS" list is horrible.
    I personally don't agree with the list either, but do explain why it's "horrible"

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    Tier 1: Amplify
    Tier 2: Blank.
    Tier 3: CDR
    Tier 4: H-TF Feather/H Skeers

Amplify is head and shoulders above the others. H-TF Feather is somewhere around 100 dps worse than a H skeer.
    Tier 2?

Edit: And for arms what? Amp + Cleave/CD trinket (if the timing works out for Bladestorm). Does Skeers help anymore due to Arms lower enrage uptime?

Deleted
    I've got 2 pertinent questions about the "BiS" list:
    -Why would you pick the CDR trinket if it's gonna mess everything you've been used to since the beginning of the expansion, just for one shitty tier? Reminder that SKULL BANNER isn't affected and will never line up after the pull again.
    -Why would you add yet another attack (Storm Bolt) to an already ectic rotation AND random executes above 20%? Reminder that heroic T16 tactics are one of the most complex since launch and adding complexities won't provide gain if it disturbs your attention during progress.

Amp + 549 feather all day until 6.0

Quote Originally Posted by Djouga View Post
    -Why would you pick the CDR trinket if it's gonna mess everything you've been used to since the beginning of the expansion, just for one shitty tier? Reminder that SKULL BANNER isn't affected and will never line up after the pull again.
    -Why would you add yet another attack (Storm Bolt) to an already ectic rotation AND random executes above 20%? Reminder that heroic T16 tactics are one of the most complex since launch and adding complexities won't provide gain if it disturbs your attention during progress.

Because its... more... damage? Blizzard throws new shit at you, you harden the fuck up and L2P!

Deleted
    2 pertinent questions
    Your call :x

Game getting more complex just means that you need to evolve aswell and improve :P

I dont like the cdr trinket either, but the numbers dont lie, and as I haven't done any actual raid testing I dont know how many adds there are on the different cleave/add fights, but pretty sure I'll be using BB for fights with 5+ adds that get the full duration of the dot.

'Cause math? Math don't lie son! Skull banner "should" be used at times when the raid needs it, and not for personal gain, so your first comment makes no sense. The answer to your second is as Archimitiros stated, it's more damage. Yes it's more complex, so is the rotation with Feather.

Why did you comment at all? if you wanna disregard the advice given on this forum go ahead, but you want get much support trying to convince others to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliria View Post
    Skull banner "should" be used at times when the raid needs it
    That part is actually up to some debate, even in 25m. Having to do with your raid group, when its being used, how many warriors you have, etc. But I still agree with your logic and everything else you posted.

Deleted

if you are not in a progressive guild, you dont have to.