Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    i made over 200k just playing the game and selling anything worthwhile on the ah. no farming necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I got all my money just by playing the game normally. I pick up all grey items and vendor them, I put anything I don't want on AH and, most importantly, I buy as little as possible from the AH. If I want something, I make it myself.
    this is what i meant but with actual thought put into it

Quote Originally Posted by Aprixius View Post
    I made 11k gold today although it be a bit jerkish but to sell random armor weapons and battle pets from the AH for inder 20 gold then wrap them and yell something like WTS Myserty box 50g each. Chance at pets armor weapons and mounts! Etc. but yeah i went from 4k to 16k so a little more then 11k but yes this works.
    So you sat in org/sw and sold 240 individually wrapped items you had to take time to buy from the auction house? I mean, yeah that gets you money but I'm surprised you managed to get that many suckers in one day.

If you have a lot of disposable money find a buyer for a trading card mount on the official forum thread for trading and selling on the official WoW forums, then buy the mount through a online store that sends you the loot code and not the card, retrieve the mount, then sell it to them. The mounts pretty much sell for dollar to gold value so you don't lose anything, if anything you usually make a dollar to gold proffit.

The only reason I figured this out was because my friend bought the feldrake and ended up selling it because he realised that he would get more out of 200k gold than just a mount.

I sell challenge mode gold runs with a group of friends. Tons of money to be had.

I don't play anymore but I was able to get quite a big chunk of change over time primarily through use of professions. Farming is for suckers. I had nearly 600,000 gold and I spent probably less than 24 hours in my entire 6-year WoW career farming, though I sold all sorts of things on the AH of course I never played it, and I never bought gold or got anything worth much of anything to drop for me. I also never had to buy much of anything outside of farming mats like ore and herbs which I would buy in bulk and in the end both get my main toon all set for raiding and making money off of everything else. For example, spend 1,000g on herbs and make enough potions for my character for that raid week. Then I'll sell the rest for say 1,300 gold so I would have made by 1,000g back plus 300 profit. Same thing with alch CDs, use them once a day, profit. Yes, this does require at least a few alts with some maxed professions (which doesn't take that long) but this is by far the best gold income per time spent. I could literally log in for 5 minutes, use all my CDs up, transmute a few things and whatnot and make at least 500 gold every day on a piece of shit server. If you really want to make gold, you could learn how to play the AH but it takes time to learn and master and on a server like Illidan I'm pretty sure AH playing is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    So you sat in org/sw and sold 240 individually wrapped items you had to take time to buy from the auction house? I mean, yeah that gets you money but I'm surprised you managed to get that many suckers in one day.
    Well it was my first day anyway. And not to mention bleeding hollow is kinda a sucker server for dat stuff. But what did happen is i split it up into 3 sessions. First 80 or so presents were like no one thinking i was scammer. Second 80 was some people thinking im a scammer. And last 80 tons of people thought i scammed people. But one person bought like 3000g of gifts lolololol. And yeah for the last 80 i went from org and shrine after the scammign in yells lol
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Bladez View Post
    I am a rogue on illidan server and I cannot for the life of me carry more then 10,000 gold. I was raiding with my guild and I got a new weapon in ToT and they told me to get dancing steel on it, I replied saying I have no gold so my guild master opened up trade for me and show'd how much gold he had on him which was 127,000.

He said I make 50k gold an hour farming turtles in Vo4W.

I do that and I only made 1k gold.

Can anyone tell me how they make a lot of gold? Its getting really fustrating to be honest.
    50k gold per hour, lol that guy is lying.

They are right in that you should get dancing steel on it though. Don't roll on weapons over other people if you can't even afford to enchant it. Dancing steel is like 3-4k gold, and that's nothing.

As most have stated 50k/h is BS. Also atm, unless you want to spend time on ah shuffle, best way is to sell enchants/gems/glyphs. Depending on prices for mats you can buy them off ah or just farm, doesnt take much time if you have good farming paths to obtain good amount of mats. Also pets go for quite decent money, depending on what pet, but dungeon/raid ones can be sold for ok gold. Also if you farm mats can always do pet battle, just get a strong team for pets in the zone you are in and own fast everything. Dont know if you can still get upgrade stones from pve battles, but if you can they also used to go for ok gold. Dont know how it is now + you are leveling your pets and aquiring rares etc.

I personaly make a ton of money on start of expansion since i lvl few chars to max lvl prof fast and then with easy farm gather lot of money since everything is so damn high. (dmf cards/decks, gems, glyphs, enchants) And then i live on the money made untill the end of expansion, made around 800k on start of mop, now down to 350k give or take few 1000