Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The stat differences will matter. Come on. =P They matter between Rare and Exotic, they'll matter when comparing Exotic to Ascended. It's more damage, more toughness, more life, more everything.

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    The stat differences will matter. Come on. =P They matter between Rare and Exotic, they'll matter when comparing Exotic to Ascended. It's more damage, more toughness, more life, more everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Um no, it's always going to be something.

-That guy I just lost to has slightly better gear
    -I should of dodged that
    -I brought the wrong food
    -My build wasn't right
    -If only I had swiftness up

List goes on and on and on. It's always going to be something, ascended gear is not going to be the defining factor. It isn't now and it will never be the defining factor on how you lost to another player.

FYI ascended gear is not even 5% better then exotic, this will hardly kill alts or anything. I've beaten people who are in full exotics with just masterwork. People need to not blow this out of proportion.
    it's always going to be something.
    And no, they don't matter, it doesn't matter between rare and exotic. If you do the math you find out it's such a minimal bonus that it's purpose is just to give an illusion of a gear treadmill to please the naysayers.

TDLR: People blew it out of proportion and idiots follow them, if you lost a fight by 1% there is 100 other things you could of done so you wouldn't of lost, but people decide to blame their gear. Pathetic.

In the words of troll PvPers:

GET GOOD SON
    Last edited by zito; 2013-08-31 at 05:05 PM.

Any stat difference of significance (and 10% on each piece of armor is), will begin remove the question of skill. When you're facing an army of people in full Ascended versus those in mixed, there will be impacted outcomes. I am guessing you're just out of the loop on this. Even things like Food Buffs are seen as a must-have for WvWvW full effectiveness. If a food buff matters then another tier certainly does.

Skill still matters, but you will no longer see people running different specs they don't have full Ascended gear for because the overall loss in effectiveness will be too much. You can wing it right now with exotic trinkets, but weapons are a bigger factor, and once armor comes in then it's just too much of an overall loss.

And this is sad because WvWvW actually has some of the best build diversity in the game. PvE is too berserker-centric, and spvp's meta and singular game mode really limits builds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any stat difference of significance (and 10% on each piece of armor is), will begin remove the question of skill. When you're facing an army of people in full Ascended versus those in mixed, there will be impacted outcomes. I am guessing you're just out of the loop on this. Even things like Food Buffs are seen as a must-have for WvWvW full effectiveness. If a food buff matters then another tier certainly does.
    I'm curious about what scenario you are imagining that would give one server better access to ascended weapons (or fewer upscaled players in anyolebuild wearing anyolegear or any other type of imbalance issues?)
    Valar morghulis

Any stat difference of significance (and 10% on each piece of armor is)
    Sorry but that doesn't work in practice.

And 10%? what are you talking about. Just stop dude

Gear matters as much as it did back in GW1. People like you blow it out of proportion.

- - - Updated - - -

Ascended back piece vs exotic: difference in damage:

/clap so over powered, gonna kill alts, gonna make things imbalanced. I used berserker back piece btw. The difference in crit is not even 1%

I will continue to rape idiots who think gear > skill in this game or even if they think it has any significance at all in determaning a battle.

Should I go find videos of people owning other people naked? Naked vs full geared where naked wins.
    Last edited by zito; 2013-08-31 at 05:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skill still matters, but you will no longer see people running different specs they don't have full Ascended gear for because the overall loss in effectiveness will be too much. You can wing it right now with exotic trinkets, but weapons are a bigger factor, and once armor comes in then it's just too much of an overall loss.

And this is sad because WvWvW actually has some of the best build diversity in the game. PvE is too berserker-centric, and spvp's meta and singular game mode really limits builds.
    Dude, take it easy seriously, any skilled player can get a full exotic enemy down to shreds, you only need skill, last night i just killed 2 full exo guys with a green engineer alt i have just by kitting nicely and timming my defensive spells and outsmarting them by running into mobs so they would get conditions, it's all about skill.

- - - Updated - - -

Ascended back piece vs exotic: difference in damage:

/clap so over powered, gonna kill alts, gonna make things imbalanced.
    As much as i hate zito for saying micheal jackson i agree with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    I'm curious about what scenario you are imagining that would give one server better access to ascended weapons (or fewer upscaled players in anyolebuild wearing anyolegear or any other type of imbalance issues?)
    There isn't a scenario where one server should have better access, but that's not really the point. The point is that it's a meaningful difference.

There isn't a scenario where one server should have better access, but that's not really the point. The point is that it's a meaningful difference.
    The point is that it's not and you should get out of the WoW mentality and stop listening to those people :/

"I once killed two bad players on my alt" doesn't equate to "organized WvWvW fights". I kill bad players on my alts, but I'm smart enough to know that doesn't mean anything really. Sorry. Nor does damage difference from a single piece equate to overall effectiveness on an entire set.

"I once killed two bad players on my alt" doesn't equate to "organized WvWvW fights". I kill bad players on my alts, but I'm smart enough to know that doesn't mean anything really. Sorry. Nor does damage difference from a single piece equate to overall effectiveness on an entire set.
    Wow sorry but you are stupid. Someone has to say it.

WvW "organized fights" ends up being zerg vs zerg. In fact the only time it's not is when you run a small group of people around the map and fighting off against other small groups. But most of the time it's running zerging walls and gates and keep lords. Not to mention PvP balance changes aren't in full swing in WvW. And in group fights it's usually a good combo move that wins the battle, not the gear.

Secondly the difference in damage in total IS SO INSIGNIFICANT if you blame anything on gear it just means you SUCK and you could of done something during the fight better (used this CD here, used this boon here, went more defensive, went more offensive THE LIST NEVER ENDS).

This will not break alts, no matter what you say, I will continue to rape you in your full exotic/ascended gear with my masterwork. In fact I want to fight you. Let's go I'll fight you in greens and when I win I want to see what you will say.

Lastly you are assuming everyone has ascended gear and will be maxed out in ascended. That's not practical or reality.

Flaming isn't tolerated here
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-08-31 at 10:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow sorry but you are stupid. Someone has to say it.

WvW "organized fights" ends up being zerg vs zerg. In fact the only time it's not is when you run a small group of people around the map and fighting off against other small groups. But most of the time it's running zerging walls and gates and keep lords. Not to mention PvP balance changes aren't in full swing in WvW. And in group fights it's usually a good combo move that wins the battle, not the gear.

Secondly the difference in damage in total IS SO INSIGNIFICANT if you blame anything on gear it just means you SUCK and you could of done something during the fight better (used this CD here, used this boon here, went more defensive, went more offensive THE LIST NEVER ENDS).

This will not break alts, no matter what you say, I will continue to rape you in your full exotic/ascended gear with my masterwork. In fact I want to fight you. Let's go I'll fight you in greens and when I win I want to see what you will say.
    DOYOUEVENLIFT?!

Ok now to be honest zed, please stop it, it's like +10 on the stats, not a big deal AT ALL, it's like 300 more hp at most if you take vitality into account.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    DOYOUEVENLIFT?!

Ok now to be honest zed, please stop it, it's like +10 on the stats, not a big deal AT ALL, it's like 300 more hp at most if you take vitality into account.
    Um difference in health is exactly 50 (between exotic and ascended) for one piece. So yea you will break 300 more hp slightly from ascended gear lol

sigh

If it was insignificant, I wouldn't care. My Guard runs a rare level backpiece. I don't feel it's worth upgrading to Ascended. However, I wouldn't run full rares into battle. You don't seem to be as experienced in these matters, so I just advise dropping it before you all get yourselves banned for personal attacks.

If it was insignificant, I wouldn't care.
    It isn't significant and you shouldn't care, you haven't provided anything to prove that it does matter.

My Guard runs a rare level backpiece. I don't feel it's worth upgrading to Ascended.
    So wait.. you don't care about upgrading it because it's not worth upgrading isn't that contradictory of what you just said?

However, I wouldn't run full rares into battle. You don't seem to be as experienced in these matters, so I just advise dropping it before you all get yourselves banned for personal attacks.
    Been playing since BETA 1, pretty sure you have no idea what you are talking about in this regards. I've already tested and done the math, you just keep saying "it matters" and it doesn't and you keep saying WvW fights are less zerg then PvE and that's even more of a laugh.

Continue to live a happy ignorant life, but when a meteor comes to kill us all don't act surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Where exactly are ascended materials/items supposed to drop? O_o
    Pile of Bloodstone Dust - drops from Champion Loot Bags
    Bloodstone Bricks - Refined using 100 Bloodstone Dust, 2 Obsidian Shards, and 10 of the new mat Thermo something but Ima abbreviate it as TC (you buy that from a vendor)
    Dragonite Ore - Temples in Orr, Mega Bosses, and Keeps & Castles in WvW
    Emperyral Fragments - Dungeons, Jumping Puzzles, and Towers in WvW
    Mithrillium - 50 Mithril Ore, 2 Ecto, and 10 TC (can only make one a Day)
    Emperyial Star - 100 Emperyal Fragments, 2 Obsidian Shards, and 10 TC
    Dark Matter - Salvaging Exotics

All of those are Account Bound things.

You can also make the new Steel, Leather, and Wood Planks using (I think) Tier 2, 3, and 4 mats of that type and Mithrillium. And those are not Account Bound.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Pile of Bloodstone Dust - drops from Champion Loot Bags
    Bloodstone Bricks - Refined using 100 Bloodstone Dust, 2 Obsidian Shards, and 10 of the new mat Thermo something but Ima abbreviate it as TC (you buy that from a vendor)
    Dragonite Ore - Temples in Orr, Mega Bosses, and Keeps & Castles in WvW
    Emperyral Fragments - Dungeons, Jumping Puzzles, and Towers in WvW
    Mithrillium - 50 Mithril Ore, 2 Ecto, and 10 TC (can only make one a Day)
    Emperyial Star - 100 Emperyal Fragments, 2 Obsidian Shards, and 10 TC
    Dark Matter - Salvaging Exotics

All of those are Account Bound things.

You can also make the new Steel, Leather, and Wood Planks using (I think) Tier 2, 3, and 4 mats of that type and Mithrillium. And those are not Account Bound.
    Um I'll just buy the freaken weapon thx

lol

Ascended gear matters about as much as getting the best enchantment in wow compares to the second best enchantment.

That is, it only matters to the elite community as "proof" that you are a "serous player." It's community/tribal driven value, not mathematical.

Quote Originally Posted by Amera View Post
    Ascended gear matters about as much as getting the best enchantment in wow compares to the second best enchantment.

That is, it only matters to the elite community as "proof" that you are a "serous player." It's community/tribal driven value, not mathematical.
    Logic doesn't work in this thread. Leave now or turn into oatmeal pie

So wait.. you don't care about upgrading it because it's not worth upgrading isn't that contradictory of what you just said?
    I have to say that was a complete contradiction if ever I saw one. If gear matters as much as was said, it would have been a sin to not optimize ones existing gear.