Poll: ???

Which end boss was the coolest/the best?

And I mean the coolest appearance, lore and personality... NOT the raid itself (so that means Deathwing can still be your vote!).

C'Thun or Yogg-Saron.

..Wait.. you still don't have a poll up.

EDIT: Oh shit.. I derped up here.. I thought you meant "end boss of a raid". Sorry. :P
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2013-08-30 at 09:21 PM.

having him taunt us in almost all the big quests and telling us that we were not strong enough, the easter eggs in howling fjord ( maybe alliance only) and then the killing us at the end just like he promised he would....all very epic

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest, I actually liked Deathwing's lore (until he was physically in WoW at least). So I might go with Deathwing from those 4 choices.
    I can understand that. But I maintain that if the wow movie was all about how the LK came to be, I would be happy

Kel'thuzad was the only one who didn't have an entire expansion to be mistreated, so I will jestingly proclaim him the automatic winner of all the Warcraft end game villains...

Oh, right. Then they remade Naxxramas. For real, from (pre)TBC - Cata when I played I cringed at many parts for all of them. Illidan had the least involvement in order to induce dissatisfaction, but that creates its own sense of dissatisfaction...

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    never had so much fun in a dungeon before...
    ... fight was pretty meh, cool but still not as good as it could have been.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    ... NOT the raid itself
    Just once you reload
    Last edited by Confirm Deny; 2013-08-30 at 09:26 PM.
    It wasn't long ago / I was just like you / And now I think I'm sick and I wanna go home!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    what if SEARING WOLVES? The possibilities?!!?

This was a hard decision, but I gotta go with Illidan. I love both the Lich King and Illidan Stormrage.

Perhaps if there was a way to have like a cool memento from the Lich King like we had from Illidan. Illidan gave us the Warglaives of Azzinoth. The Lich King was going to give us Frostmourne, and I am sort of disappointed that that didn't happen, as it gives a boss a lot more value to have mementos like that from them. It adds to them, it adds to their lore. Etcetera.

So I gotta go with Illidan because of that. If the Shadowmourne cop-out didn't happen and they didn't disappointingly exclude Frostmourne from being obtained, I would've chosen the Lich King.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kil'jaeden would be my pick.

There's really no contest, Arthas is for me the clear winner.

Illidan barely did anything, only time we faced him is during his encounter. Deathwing was too much of a herp derp dragon, and Garrosh is a retarded ogreheahed buffoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Illidan is scoring higher in the poll I believe because players were so invested in him from Warcraft 3, but he ended up as little more than an insane wretch we were putting out of his misery. We barely interacted with him throughout the course of the expansion either.I'd score him last for this reason. Hell, Kael'Thas actually had more character development and presence during the Burning Crusade than Illidan did. Kael even gave us the 'It was only a setback' meme.

Deathwing I will score third, because as a bit of a lore buff I got a kick out of seeing all the things I'd read about in other media finally appear in game. However he scores lower because he wasn't properly explained to the majority of the audience and his presentation was done a bit sloppily.

Garrosh is second, and a close second. He wasn't in the RTS at all, but this is a guy we've walked beside (Hordeside) for over six years now. If you were there in the Burning Crusade, you had no idea that the sad orc in Garadar was destined for this. You've been at his side every step of the way. His recovery of his pride. His challenging Thrall. His triumphant campaign in Northrend. Standing beside him in the Cataclysm when we had genuinely kick ass moments (Stonetalon Mountains, THAT zeppelin charge into the Twilight Highlands). Now we stand here, six years later, at his fall. Not corrupted or seduced by another force, but undermined by his own ideals until he becomes a threat to everyone.

Arthas obviously gets first. As a villain I think the buildup to ICC was handled pretty well. We had a considerable investment in him from the RTS. We had some cool interactions with him during Northrend. And we really wanted him dead for everything he had done. I still remember screaming on vent as he entred the last, loot pinata you can't possibly fail phase, "Kill the Lich King!" over and over again.

And that's my ranking.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    There's really no contest, Arthas is for me the clear winner.

Illidan barely did anything, only time we faced him is during his encounter. Deathwing was too much of a herp derp dragon, and Garrosh is a retarded ogreheahed buffoon
    Top that off with one of the best...if not the best story-line, Arthas!!

Deleted
    Noone is cooler that Arthas. When I first learned we will kill him as a boss I didn't know what to expect but when we finally came to it,it was awesome.

Arthas, almost every race has had some kind of interaction with the Scourge and has had their lore shaped from it. Not to mention that you encountered outside ICC in some quests which really helped with the buildup, the same goes for Garrosh but I feel Garrosh has not created enough mayhem to beat Arthas.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Deleted
    Illidan was just thrown to the wolves to please the vanilla people who weren't satisfied with bosses they didn't recognize, I can't take anything that happened to either him or Kael'thas in BC seriously because it's such a ridiculous case of "we need cool and recognizable villians for the players to kill, let's take these ones!" /sigh...

Arthas was ok, he would have been much better if he didn't make so many appearances during dungeons and quests. The whole "I will spare you, this one time, grow stronger until the next time we meet!" got old real quick. He still got my vote though.

Deathwing, had never heard of him before Cataclysm, still barely know anything about him, he didn't interest me in the slightest. Just seemed to be some crazy dragon tearing the world apart.

Garrosh, never really cared for him, will be glad when he's gone, that's about it.

This made me realize how much better the mid-expansion raids are than the final ones.

Either way, mechanics-wise it's LK, lore-wise it's Garrosh. Though Garrosh could take both of the awards, but I haven't fought him yet, so I digress. Worst part of it all is that Deathwing should have taken both awards, but sadly we never got to fight him, instead we fought generic dragon #42859.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Do Illidan and the Lich King actually count? We had bosses after both of those :P

To be honest, I actually liked Deathwing's lore (until he was physically in WoW at least). So I might go with Deathwing from those 4 choices.
    Merely side stories to fill the empty void of no new content.

Guess Arthas will make this by far. Aside from being the main character from WC3 he simply had the best place in WoW's history, at a time where guilds wouldn't mass-disband due to 2nd boss wipes and people actually managed to PUG ICC every other week and got to see the content through a little effort even outside of guilds. Plus the fight was really well made, in athmosphere as well as gameplay. That constellation didn't happen before, and it won't happen again in WoW's history, and I truly mourn for every player who "wasn't there".

If what people tell on these forums is actually true then few players even reached Illidan before his epicness was undermined by Sunwell coming up as the final raid of BC and then WotLK. You probably knew who he was and that he was out there somewhere but if you've never encountered him while he was current content, he doesn't make much of an impact. Deathwing on the other hand was killed twice per week for almost 52 weeks straight by everyone and their mother, plus most players probably didn't know he even existed before Blizzard printed him on a box. And Garrosh... don't even get me started... I mean, it's Garrosh. A made-up offspring of some semi-cool Horde "hero" who couldn't become significant even if he tried. What kind of impact could one really expect from him?
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Why would people vote for Arthas who is purely a bad rip off of Arthur?

Deleted
    Yogg-Saron, no doubt

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    KEL'THUZAD - JK - LichKing BWWOOYYYYY