Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas will have to be stopped at some point. She's like...the Lich Queen now. Give her enough time and I'll bet she can raise more soldiers than the other races can create the old fashioned way, and then what? Is she just going to sit on her laurels? Probably not. She already took land in Cata...of course she was ordered to attack Gilneas by Garrosh, but no one ordered her to go ape shit on Hillsbrad, that was her idea. She's obviously hungry for power and control. So I see attacking her, and thus attacking Lordaeron, as inevitable...but you're right it won't be about resources, or even faction pride, but out of necessity.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Key word, Old. That Alliance has nothing to do with the current playable faction that includes Night Elves, Worgen and Draenei as well as humans from the kingdom of Stormwind. That's the *old* Alliance, and just like the *old* Horde has no relevance in World of Warcraft's timeline since it all ended in the RTS timeline.

Stormwind, Ironforge, Gnomeregan, Gilneas, Darnassus and the Exodar have nothing to do with Lordaeron; Calia can rage and rally all she wants, her *people* are the Forsaken now, she would be better served trying to court them if she wants power back. I can't see any Alliance member living in Kalimdor nor the Worgen who've yet to retake Gilneas wanting much of anything to do with trying to take Undercity, something that wouldn't happen anyways because game mechanics say it can't happen.
    I agree with Darnassus and Exodar, But Ironforge,gnomeregan,gilneas belonged to the old alliance, well gilneas pulled out at the end. And the most important of all (stormwind) wich goes all back from the first war were the humans of stormwind got crushed and fled lordaeron to take shelter and seek aid which ended with:

The armies of Lordaeron were the first to heed the call to arms issued by Sir Lothar and the people of Azeroth. As patron of the Alliance, King Terenas II has assumed the heavy mantle of leadership to protect all who abide in his domain, The house was known for their kindness to the Wrynns during the Second War.

The house of Wrynn and the house of Menethil has a strong friendship, not to tell about how lordaeron saved stormwind in the past. So i think pretty much the whole alliance have more than enough reasons to help Calia menethil to take back her kingdom if she so wishes.

We cleansed the EPL, tell me why we couldnt cleanse all of the plaguelands and restore Lordaeron to have a city capital closer to the Undercity for an attack?
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    But are you willing to go to an all out war between the factions just for that? Specially on a world that keeps going into the shitter.

It just sounds so unreasonable, to deploy the might of the alliance on such a vanity project. The repercussions would be global, all for a dried husk of a land. Why Lordaeron? Why start a global war for it when shit keeps hitting the fan?
    The complete dominion of Eastern Kingdoms and the isolation of Silvermoon. It would defacto limit the Horde to Kalimdor, increasing peace and stability by 25 fold for the Alliance, internally and externally. If that isn't worth picking a fight over on Azeroth, I don't know what is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffe View Post
    Calia Menethil says hello!. Are you for real? Lordearon city was the main faction/the ceneter of the old alliance,

Calia Menethil comes back and ask the alliance for help to take back HER (rightfully) kingdom, so as to counter it, the horde as no claim at all. Whatever you say so is it still the Menethil bloodlines kingdom.
    i guess it sucks that there's no logical way she could still be alive

y'know with the scourge killing everyone in the capital city

and due to Arthas being the crown prince, he would have been taught all the secret passages out of the capital city to ensure his safety (especially after the 2nd war)

and the fact she would have certainly been in capital city regardless if she was married to a nobleman or not (a crown prince returning "victorious" from a lengthy campaign against the biggest threat to the kingdom is probably the most important event EVER, especially if you're his sister...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Key word, Old. That Alliance has nothing to do with the current playable faction that includes Night Elves, Worgen and Draenei as well as humans from the kingdom of Stormwind. That's the *old* Alliance, and just like the *old* Horde has no relevance in World of Warcraft's timeline since it all ended in the RTS timeline.
    i wish people would stop saying that because its simply not true.

everyone who was still alive at the end of the third war who were part of the alliance of lordaeron except for the blood elves is STILL part of the alliance.

the dwarves, all of the surviving human nations, the remaining high elves, the gnomes. all of them are still here, they still operate the same way, and they still believe in the same ideals they did then, just because theyv added more members or a few of the nations fell doesnt means they arent the same people.

you cant compare the old horde to the alliance of lordaeron, the alliance of lordaeron is the exact same thing except now stormwind is in charge and they had to take off the "of lordaeron" part and theyve added a few new allies.

the old horde was a completely seperate entity, its ideals were completely different, the majority of the people in the horde now dont even remember it except in stories unless they are old vets like saurfang, not to mention the entire purpose of the horde is different. they are the horde in name only since they are now completely different and follow a completely different set of ideals and cultures.

and while i agree that the forsaken have just as much of a right to lordaeron you cant just say "the alliance has no right" when a good portion of the alliance are made up of lordaeron refugees when they had to flee from then undead, that would be like when varian returned from lordaeron to rebuild stormwind you said "varian has no right to stormwind since he grew up in lordaeron"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    Source :P? Last time i checked the scourge ressed most what they killed, and when Sylvanas broke em free, im pretty sure she did not just pick the humans? Is Sylvanas a racist O.o?
    the majority of the forsaken atleast in vanilla were compromised of both fallen lordaeron members and undead high elves.

of course tons of forsaken have died since then and they couldnt make any more in large numbers until cata, so unless blizzard decides to say how much of the forsaken are from where all we have is what it was in vanilla
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the majority of the forsaken atleast in vanilla were compromised of both fallen lordaeron members and undead high elves.

of course tons of forsaken have died since then and they couldnt make any more in large numbers until cata, so unless blizzard decides to say how much of the forsaken are from where all we have is what it was in vanilla
    Exactly, so unlikely its 90% humans...

Oh yeah, and now that the Kirin Tor rejoined the Alliance, they might like their lands back too. They sure as hell aren't dead.

Lordaeron is ours, now and forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. They want it, because Sylvanas is a huge threat to all the living on Eastern Kingdoms. I can only imagine she already has tons of plans to attack Stormwind, Ironforge, Gnomeregan etc. - she is the danger, and Alliance has no other choice but to want to put her down.

2. Forsaken are abominations in the eyes of humans - thus "their" kingdoms is not really theirs, it belongs to the humans, to the Alliance.

3. Because Alliance already lost so much in this war, its only logical to "want" some of it back. What else then the fallen kingdom of Lordaeron?

This being sad, I just rerolled an Undead Warlock and with Garrosh being dead soon and me not able to change that, my loyalty now belongs to the Sylvanas.. to the Dark Below with hippie trolls, taurens, blood elves and the Alliance, together we will unleash hell upon all the living!

There are plenty of reasons.
    (Note: Obviously, Lordaeron is the homeland of the Forsaken as well, but not everyone who lived there became a member of the Forsaken)

1) The Forsaken are hostile to the Alliance, and conquering a hostile force is one way to stop them from being a danger to you.
    2) Most of the land is dead, but that doesn't mean some druids can't show up and start to fix it. There are still living Alliance farmers trying to make a living there.
    3) There are still living people on the Alliance to whom it's their homeland. Maybe that's not a logical reason, but it's an important reason to people.
    4) Symbolically. As far as the Alliance is concerned, the Scourge might as well still be out there. We may have defeated the Lich King, but Lordaeron, his homeland and the first victim of his rampage, is still ruled by undead, is still decaying and falling apart, and is still in the hands of enemies of the Alliance. Every second the Forsaken test plagues and live in run-down, cobweb-filled houses, is a reminder to the survivors of Lordaeron how many horrible things happened to them (Honestly, I don't see why the Forsaken want to live that way either when they're supposed to be resentful of their fate, but whatever). It really doesn't feel like you defeated your enemy when the land they stole from you perpetually remains in the state they left it in (again, enemy being the Scourge, the Forsaken are Lordaeron remnants).
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2013-08-31 at 06:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    and then even more technical before that it was all old god lands!
    And then even more technical before that it was all Titan lands. Old Gods aren't native to Azeroth they come from a different plane of existence. At least the Trolls evolved on the planet and aren't mutated aberrations that were never meant to be independent races (gnomes, humans, dwarves, trogg, etc.).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure who they'd think they're retaking it from... aren't most of the Undead there the former living Humans who were it's citizens in the first place? It's still largely in the original people's hands then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    If you tell me just because you "want it" I get it, I want high elves myself.

But if you try to tell me there is actually a reason why would the alliance throw money to that cesspool of death on an ill-concieved campaign to reclaim a kingdom deader than its last King I'm gonna flip a table.

Tell me one, one viable, material victory the alliance would accomplish that justified retaking Lordaeron. Not nostalgia, not "moral victories", no; a real reason why a campaign for Lordaeron would benefit the alliance as a whole and justified its cost.

Because this is not retaking any place, this is the Kingdom of the living dead that can turn humans into their own. I really want to know what people think would merit that campaing. There is so many people always talking about it, that I must be missing something, and I'm legit curious.
    To reclaim the Human homeland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    I'm not sure who they'd think they're retaking it from... aren't most of the Undead there the former living Humans who were it's citizens in the first place? It's still largely in the original people's hands then.
    The Forsaken are even sometimes referred to as "citizens of Lordaeron".

Deleted
    Forsaken should obliterate Stormwind humans. Then, after they're all "dead", they will have to listen to other humans that they're going to kill them all and are going to reclaim their territory.

Deleted
    Because it would mean the extermination of the forsaken which are one of the enemies of the alliance. You say in the OP it can turn people in undead - not true, if it could sylvanas wouldn't face the problems she does.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffe View Post
    Calia Menethil says hello!. Are you for real? Lordearon city was the main faction/the ceneter of the old alliance,

Calia Menethil comes back and ask the alliance for help to take back HER (rightfully) kingdom, so as to counter it, the horde as no claim at all. Whatever you say so is it still the Menethil bloodlines kingdom.
    Except that there is no Kingdom of Lordaeron anymore to claim. It's gone, Arthas took care of that. It's like some roman emperor appearing today and claiming his empire.
    It would be different had it just been conquered and there were just some enemy king with his army to destroy but that's not what happened.

and then even more technical before that it was all old god lands!
    Well it still is, the old gods just don't care about some insects living there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    This is the Old Alliance. Formed after the First War, with some other members. And why wouldn't the Gilneans would want to eliminate a genocidal enemy on their borders, that destroyed their nation and tried to exterminate them? They would sure as hell like their northern border somewhat safer.
    Ever read Genn Graymanes short story ? When there were first reports about undead threatening Lordaeron and he was asked for help, his first reaction was to close off the borders and ignore the threat.
    Gilneas never cared much for the problems of the other kingdoms, even when the orcs took Stormwind he sent the smallest force possible.

Deleted
    Lordaeron had best looking mount and knight armor. Just look at culling of stratholme beginning.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you tell me just because you "want it" I get it, I want high elves myself.
    But if you try to tell me there is actually a reason why would the alliance throw money to that cesspool of death on an ill-concieved campaign to reclaim a kingdom deader than its last King I'm gonna flip a table.
    Tell me one, one viable, material victory the alliance would accomplish that justified retaking Lordaeron. Not nostalgia, not "moral victories", no; a real reason why a campaign for Lordaeron would benefit the alliance as a whole and justified its cost.
    Because this is not retaking any place, this is the Kingdom of the living dead that can turn humans into their own. I really want to know what people think would merit that campaing. There is so many people always talking about it, that I must be missing something, and I'm legit curious.
    Why? There are various reasons, depending on whether you are talking in game or out of game.

Why would the Alliance do so?

Because the Forsaken are treacherous scum, monsters who have shown they consider themselves bound by no treaty, capable of honoring no word or promise.

Because the Forsaken have shown themselves to be aggressive warmakers with plans to conquer Alliance territories.

Because the Forsaken have shown themselves to be aggressive users of the most foul weapons and magicks

Because, despite the popular notion, a good chunk of Lordaeranians did survive the Scourge and are being sheltered by the Alliance

Because the Alliance owes Lordaeran a debt for what it did in the Second War when it sheltered Stormwinds survivors until the kingdom was restored.

Because Lordaeran was a founding member of the Alliance and so is of cultural and historical importance to the Alliance

Because the Forsaken are necromantic constructs, magical prisons housing the very souls of their friends, their families, their allies, their countrymen and those souls need to be freed from damnation so they can journey to the Light

Because the Forsaken are magically dominated slaves who need to be freed for their own good and for the safety of the Alliance

Because Varian saw exactly what the Forsaken were up to and what they were capable of in the Battle for Undercity

For Genn? Gilneas, Gilneas Cty and Liam

For Danath? Galen

For Admiral Rogers? Southshore

Because Sylvanas has turned this into an existential war. For every Forsaken who lives, a human had to die.

Because the Alliance has seen what the Scourge can do, what the Scourge is capable of - and the only differences of note between the Forsaken and Scourge are size and makeup - the Scourge was larger and had a lot more mindless undead while the Forsaken has a higher proportion of functional undead, capable of some decision making.

In short - the Forsakens aggressive nature makes war inevitable, they've shon themselves capable of committing the vilest of atrocities at a whim, they an't be trusted to uphold any treaty or promise and because becoming a Forsaken means being ripped from the afterlife, and bound to your corpse, forever bound and compelled to serve the will of the Banshee Queen.

The Alliance is in a fight where it is compelled to fight for its own safety and future, and one where killing the enemy is seen as an act of true mercy.

Out of game? For the player?

Because it provides story, pvp opportunities, loot, and would be a way to actively progress the Alliance story
    and in game aims.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-08-31 at 08:13 AM.