Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If we got Lordaeron, The Blood Elves would be pretty screwed wouldn't they

Quote Originally Posted by Heldamon View Post
    I suppose it was the second biggest place of Human power, a new build fortress with a known King that had a debt in case of offering shelter to refuges from the past.
    But it is so far away. Ok ingame it's just a 10 minute flightroute but realistically it would be like fleeing from Canada to Argentina, it's a really long way. And Arthas took the majority of the Lordaeron fleet to Northrend, i don't think there could have been many ships left that could even take such a long journey. And passenger ships didn't really exist in the middle ages...
    Sure, some people may have made it to Stormwind but i really can't imagine that it would be more then a handful.

I play horde and frankly I don't see rational reason. Taking Arathi? Sure. There is a port here and Thoradin's wall makes great first line of defence - you can fall back to Thandol Span and there is a forward base in Alterac.
    Alliance with Dark Irons help should also wipe away any horde/orc presence near Badlands and BlackRock. Then they can focus on southern lands.
    Alliance should also send emissaries to plagulands and have some sort of treaty with Crusade and Ebon Hold in case Sylvanas should start something funny.

We will never get Lordaeron back.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    We will never get Lordaeron back in WoW.

Fixed! 10/chars

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramonkey View Post
    If we want to get technical about who it belonged to first, I think Trolls had first dibs.
    Racist... they are not trolls, they are Native Azerothians.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    We will never get Lordaeron back [in WoW]
    That's obvious, I do not think there's anyone who thinks otherwise...

However, the Alliance's hope of recover the lost kingdom itself should stay alive, as would give a lot of play and many conflicts.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffe View Post
    Calia Menethil says hello!. Are you for real? Lordearon city was the main faction/the ceneter of the old alliance,

Calia Menethil comes back and ask the alliance for help to take back HER (rightfully) kingdom, so as to counter it, the horde as no claim at all. Whatever you say so is it still the Menethil bloodlines kingdom.
    Now that would be interesting. Perhaps instead of conquering it, Sylvanas gets deposed and Calia takes her rightful place on the throne.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwnzoar View Post
    Now that would be interesting. Perhaps instead of conquering it, Sylvanas gets deposed and Calia takes her rightful place on the throne.
    With or without zombies? I say this because after seeing as Lordaeron fell at the hands of myriads of zombies, Queen Calia should not be very sympathetic towards the walking corpses ...

But of course, the logic also says that Turalyon and Alleria should be heroes of the Alliance, and yet we all know will happen to them soon ...

I also think the alliance should push the forsaken out of Lordaeron. Why? A kingdom with hundreds/thousands of years of history beats a bunch of living dead any day. There's also the fact that the Alliance's inability to retake Lordaeron makes it look weak.

The Alliance should Lordaeron back and push the Undead to EPL. The Forsaken could then take Stratholme or settle somewhere else. Northrend, perhaps?

But whatever Blizzard decide to do with Lordaeron, it's not practical to change things now, so nothing is going to happen until WoW comes to an end.
    Last edited by El_Diabl0; 2013-09-04 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Lordaeron is already in the hands of it's rightful owners.
    Yes. YES. YES!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diabl0 View Post
    the Alliance's inability to retake Lordaeron makes it look weak.
    The Alliance is weak. It is taking them teamed up with all of the other Horde leaders just to take down our awesome Warchief lol come on, just give it up.

Let the Foresaken have Lordaeron. I'd be happy with the Alliance taking Arathi Highlands, Gilneas and getting South Shore back. Screw you Blizz for taking South Shore away!

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    With or without zombies? I say this because after seeing as Lordaeron fell at the hands of myriads of zombies, Queen Calia should not be very sympathetic towards the walking corpses ...

But of course, the logic also says that Turalyon and Alleria should be heroes of the Alliance, and yet we all know will happen to them soon ...
    Who knows, maybe Calia was killed during the Scourge invasion of Lordaeron and was recently raised as an undead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwnzoar View Post
    Who knows, maybe Calia was killed during the Scourge invasion of Lordaeron and was recently raised as an undead.
    Exactly, in fact, that would be the more logical ,easiest and faster solution. But we must also recognize that it would be the more boring solution.

If Calia had died and was revived, perhaps would make sense as the new Queen of the Forsaken after the fall of Sylvanas. However that would affect only the Forsaken and their relations with the Horde, but would leave out of the action to the Alliance (which would not recognize the legitimacy of a living corpse).

Now if Calia had survived and was alive somewhere then that would involve the Alliance in history. I believe that this is the most interesting and best option for the game since a narrative point of view (although I'm not objective because I am a member of the Alliance).

The question is: does the Forsaken player base would be satisfied if Calia replaces to the problematic Sylvanas as leader of the Forsaken?

Exactly, in fact, that would be the more logical ,easiest and faster solution. But we must also recognize that it would be the more boring solution.

If Calia had died and was revived, perhaps would make sense as the new Queen of the Forsaken after the fall of Sylvanas. However that would affect only the Forsaken and their relations with the Horde, but would leave out of the action to the Alliance (which would not recognize the legitimacy of a living co
    Now if Calia had survived and was alive somewhere then that would involve the Alliance in history. I believe that this is the most interesting and best option for the game since a narrative point of view (although I'm not objective because I am a member of the Alliance).

The question is: does the Forsaken player base would be satisfied if Calia replaces to the problematic Sylvanas as leader of the Forsaken?
    No.
    Sylvanas is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Icarris View Post
    No.
    Sylvanas is awesome.
    sylvanas is not just awesome. she's terrific!
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icarris View Post
    No.
    Sylvanas is awesome.
    Assuming that's the majoritarian decision... the Forsaken would have some respect for Calia? or they only owe allegiance to the Dark Lady?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diabl0 View Post
    I also think the alliance should push the forsaken out of Lordaeron. Why? A kingdom with hundreds/thousands of years of history beats a bunch of living dead any day. There's also the fact that the Alliance's inability to retake Lordaeron makes it look weak.

The Alliance should Lordaeron back and push the Undead to EPL. The Forsaken could then take Stratholme or settle somewhere else. Northrend, perhaps?

But whatever Blizzard decide to do with Lordaeron, it's not practical to change things now, so nothing is going to happen until WoW comes to an end.
    if I remember Stratholme was captured by the Argent Crusade and Northrend is territorial lich king

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming that's the majoritarian decision... the Forsaken would have some respect for Calia? or they only owe allegiance to the Dark Lady?
    Sylvanas freed them and protected them. WTF did Calia do?

the forsaken are not one single hive mind. they are a bunch of different people. you have some crazy ones like stillwater and putress, some decent ones like the guy that decided to leave the ghosts in hillsbrad alone because they are similar to the forsaken and deserve to keep their land (I forgot his name and I don't have time to look it up, I gotta go out in a few moments).

anyway: it's likely that part of the forsaken would reject calia because of her being arthas' sister, while another part of them would accept calia because she's the heir to the throne and terenas' daughter. terenas is still venered by the forsaken. on top of the undercity there's a memorial to him:

Here lies King Terenas Menethil II -- Last True King of Lordaeron.

Great were his deeds -- long was his reign -- unthinkable was his death.

"May the Father lie blameless for the deeds of the son.
    May the bloodied crown stay lost and forgotten."
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.