Thread: Tinker Class

Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Nah, they'll add it because its the final WC3 hero unit not absorbed by existing WoW classes, fills the mail armor gap, is unique from existing class archetypes, a prominent, yet untapped aspect of the Warcraft universe, gives two underrepresented races much needed lore and purpose, and it comes from a broad and flexible archetype.
    Other hero units have not been added like the sea witch, fire lord, alchemist etc

Actually it would cause a major issue, because now you have a plate class that uses armor that the other three plate classes can't use, and vice versa. Furthermore, there would be tons of new plate on the loot table, because Blizzard would have to make sure this new class is properly geared throughout the game. However, this new plate is only usable by one class, and this new class cant use the majority of plate already in the game. Congrats, you just turned a minor loot issue into a giant problem.
    Have them use mail till level 40 problem solved

See, its not a big issue now because Paladins can also use STR plate, the most abundant plate in the game. Tossing in a class that is locked out from that throws the current balance completely out of whack.
    5 specs use STR plate. 1 uses int plate

Like I said, you have no clue what you're talking about.
    and you do? hahahahhaa

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz
    Saying that Tinkers are possible if they're implemented the right way is quite a bit different than saying that Demon Hunters have significant overlap problems with existing classes.
    moving along now

I see you still haven't looked up the word archetype yet.
    Your original four statements were you predicted them. NOT the archetype till the 5th statement. So you are just trying to back track

Except in WoW cloth armor is INT caster gear use by Mages and Warlocks. Meanwhile, leather is mainly agility-based gear used by Rogues and Feral Druids.

Given that, which armor type did you seriously believe Monks were going to get?
    Spirt Cloth is what I was referring to which is only used by three specs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Falsely attributing words to people that those people did not actually say is not "substance". It is lying. And given that he continues to do it, knowing that what he claims Ghostcrawler said is not what Ghostcrawler actually said, means he can only be doing it intentionally and maliciously. No forum that claims to support "constructive" dialogue should permit it to continue without reprimand.
    Agreed he should have been gone a long time ago for that behavior and the tinker threads should be merged in to 1 thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Other hero units have not been added like the sea witch, fire lord, alchemist etc
    Because the Sea Witch's abilities are taken by Mages and Hunters, and Fire Lord's abilities are taken by Warlocks.

Alchemist will more than likely get incorporated into the Tinker class. Healing Spray is already being used by Tinker NPCs ingame.

Have them use mail till level 40 problem solved
    It doesn't, because the itemization becomes more intense after level 40.

5 specs use STR plate. 1 uses int plate
    8 specs use STR plate, not 5.

and you do? hahahahhaa
    See above, you're struggling here champ.

Spirt Cloth is what I was referring to which is only used by three specs
    Yeah, and cloth (spirit-based or not) is still entirely INT-based. Monks are generally an agility based concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the Sea Witch's abilities are taken by Mages and Hunters, and Fire Lord's abilities are taken by Warlocks.

Alchemist will more than likely get incorporated into the Tinker class. Healing Spray is already being used by Tinker NPCs ingame.
    what tinker npc?

8 specs use STR plate, not 5.

Arms, Fury, Ret, Unholy, Frost is five. I hope your not going to count Tank gear for a Strength plate

See above, you're struggling here champ.
    Only on struggling was you with your predictions and how you keep ignoring what you claimed GC said.

Yeah, and cloth (spirit-based or not) is still entirely INT-based. Monks are generally an agility based concept.
    See D3
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-09-04 at 01:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    what tinker npc?
    Siegecrafter Blackfuse.

Arms, Fury, Ret, Unholy, Frost is five. I hope your not going to count Tank gear for a Strength plate
    Uh, Protection, Protection, and Blood all wear STR plate. WTF are you talking about?

Only on struggling was you with your predictions and how you keep ignoring what you claimed GC said.
    I didn't ignore anything. I just interpreted it for you since you're having such a hard time.

See D3
    In case you hadn't noticed, we're aren't talking about D3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    "But i hate you all" and Teriz, you two are really arguing over irrelevant things - not to mention that people who actually want to discuss how a Tinker Class would function can't do it from the huge amount of (literally) spam you two are writing.
    Can you please either continue that discussion through private messages, or make a "Are Tinkers the next new class" thread - the "Tinker Class" thread can be used for much more creative and interesting things than watching you two bicker endlessly about nonsense.

Back to the topic, i would definitely love to see a fusion of Tinkers and Alchemists - it could have 4 specs (melee dps, tank, ranged dps, healer) and those 2 can provide a lot of sci-fi abilities, chemical madness, various possible animations and awesome mechanics.

After the DK and the Monk i would honestly love to have a "whimsical" class that can add more flavor and variety and freshness to WoW - some other class options, like the DH and the Spellbreaker, sound extremely "already seen before"...
    Would you be okay with Tinkers being Goblin and Gnome only?

I'd really like to see a vehicle-based class, and I think that'll only happen with Gnomes and Goblins being the only two Tinker races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Siegecrafter Blackfuse.
    Oh so the goblin raid boss. How is he a Tinker?

Uh, Protection, Protection, and Blood all wear STR plate. WTF are you talking about?
    They wear Str/Parry/Dodge gear

I didn't ignore anything. I just interpreted it for you since you're having such a hard time.
    interpreted? no sir you kinda lied putting words in his mouth that he never said. its like this. You have this obsession that Tinkers are coming to wow based off of the Wc3 hero unit and will wear mail. No matter what anyone one says their wrong your right. GC never said Demon Hunters have significant overlap problems with existing classes. he in fact said about Demon hunters
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    " Is there enough design space there not occupied by DK, warlock, hunter, warrior?"
    than he said about Tinkers
    "Not sure. Might be a little too whimsical for WoW. Would depend on the treatment."
    How in the hell do you pull from that
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz
    ZOMFG!!!!!!!111111111111 Tinkers are coming Demon hunters will never be in game!!!!!!!!1111111
    Really.....man

In case you hadn't noticed, we're aren't talking about D3.
    In Case you have not noticed all monks prior to mop wore cloth not leather
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-09-04 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Falsely attributing words to people that those people did not actually say is not "substance". It is lying. And given that he continues to do it, knowing that what he claims Ghostcrawler said is not what Ghostcrawler actually said, means he can only be doing it intentionally and maliciously. No forum that claims to support "constructive" dialogue should permit it to continue without reprimand.
    You're twisting GC's words just as much as he is. That tweet neither confirmed nor disconfirmed anything. Claiming it as evidence for either side is equally disingenuous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell going by his comments bard has the same chance as Dh or Tinkers

A bard itself has always felt a little too... I dunno... Soft is the wrong word, but you get the idea.
    And Support Class has the best chance
    Yes, but it would be a big change. Another challenge for the blogs and forums out there to discuss.
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-09-04 at 01:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh so the goblin raid boss. How is he a Tinker?
    He uses advanced technology in combat.

They wear Str/Parry/Dodge gear
    Notice that first stat?

interpreted? no sir you kinda lied putting words in his mouth that he never said.
    Actually its exactly what he said. I'm sorry if you can't accept that.

In Case you have not noticed all monks prior to mop wore cloth not leather
    In case you hadn't noticed, the only armor monks were going to fit into was leather armor. Since leather armor in WoW is the lightest armor with agility stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    You're twisting GC's words just as much as he is. That tweet neither confirmed nor disconfirmed anything. Claiming it as evidence for either side is equally disingenuous.
    Oh, pray tell, when did I do that? I have never claimed it as evidence for either side. I've said it was a question dodge, nothing more, nothing less. What's more, I have never shoved my opinion in Ghostcrawler's mouth and attributed my own words to him.

So take your hypocritical accusation of disingenuity and shove it up your ass, if you can get it past your head.
    Last edited by Cooper; 2013-09-04 at 01:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He uses advanced technology in combat.
    Wait but you keep saying Tinker is based off a WC 3 unit the goblin Tinker, Now you say it just has to do with using technology

Notice that first stat?
    spirit Cloth first stat is int but it is still considered spirit cloth

Actually its exactly what he said. I'm sorry if you can't accept that.
    No sir you are lying once again because you can not accept what he said

B]Ghostcrawler's comment about Tinkers was[/B]
    Originally Posted by ghostcrawler
    Not sure. Might be a little too whimsical for WoW. Would depend on the treatment.
    Ghostcrawler's comment about demon hunters was

Is there enough design space there not occupied by DK, warlock, hunter, warrior?
    Ghostcrawler's comment about Bard was
    A bard itself has always felt a little too... I dunno... Soft is the wrong word, but you get the idea.
    Ghostcrawler's comments about support role
    Yes, but it would be a big change. Another challenge for the blogs and forums out there to discuss.

No where did he say Tinkers are coming and DH are not. In fact he neither confirmed nor disconfirmed anything. So please stop spreading lies

In case you hadn't noticed, the only armor monks were going to fit into was leather armor. Since leather armor in WoW is the lightest armor with agility stats.
    Funny in WC3 the monk was wearing a Cloth robe, chen stormstout wears a cloth. Hell all the monk starting gear looks like cloth

I see this is still going about the same.

I am 37K feet in the air, love wireless on planes. I feel like venting on someone that lacks all ability to appropriately communicate...anyone seen Teriz?

Look GC said nothing definitive about anything (go figure!). Teriz stop acting like...well...you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kensim View Post
    I see this is still going about the same.

I am 37K feet in the air, love wireless on planes. I feel like venting on someone that lacks all ability to appropriately communicate...anyone seen Teriz?

Look GC said nothing definitive about anything (go figure!). Teriz stop acting like...well...you.
    Pretty much he just keeps saying the same crap and that his opinions are facts. GC did not confirm anything or disconfirm anything,

in before Teriz ignores your post

Pretty much he just keeps saying the same crap and that his opinions are facts. GC did not confirm anything or disconfirm anything,

in before Teriz ignores your post
    I do not think he likes me!

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    I've seen tons of people recently say how if we get a new class it will "most likely be the Tinker" So, I was wondering is there any actual evidence?
    Of course there isn't, until Blizzard announces one way or the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Cooper was not twisting GC's words. He's outright saying GC neither confirmed or denied anything. He's pointing out how Teriz draws conclusions from those tweets.

Any conclusion drawn from those tweets is all opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Cooper was not twisting GC's words. He's outright saying GC neither confirmed or denied anything. He's pointing out how Teriz draws conclusions from those tweets.

YAY I LOVE SMART PEOPLE!!!!

I have been saying essentially that for however many posts I have, minus like 5 LOL!

I don't even care so much about the conclusions. Teriz can infer whatever he wants from Ghostcrawler's tweets.That's what makes it his opinion and speculation.

Where I draw the line is when he misattributes his own words to Ghostcrawler; saying things like "those (Demon Hunters have significant overlap problems with other classes) were Ghostcrawler's exact words" is flat out a lie, and he continues to do it knowing full well what Ghostcrawler actually said, which means he is doing it intentionally and maliciously, which is utterly reprehensible and unacceptable.

Yes, I went through his post history and confirmed as much. Normally I would beg pardon for the misunderstanding.

Not this time, though.

The ability to properly communicate opinions and Teriz have not been formally introduced!

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't see that happening.

- both Alchemist and Tinker are already represented in game, through professions.
    - this game doesn't really need any more classes - balance is already impossible as it is now. 10 man guilds already have problems with comp/drops balance.
    - some of the specs that already have strong identity problems would have even bigger problems - survival hunter, for example.