Thread: Tinker Class

Page 42 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Then they'd look utterly ridiculous.

EJL
    Yeah, I know you hate the hammer tank design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, I know you hate the hammer tank design.
    I think any kind of animated tank/suit/armpack thing would be off the table. A form, 'glow', or special animations for abilities are about the best you can expect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I think any kind of animated tank/suit/armpack thing would be off the table. A form, 'glow', or special animations for abilities are about the best you can expect.
    Why would it be off the table? It gives the Tinker a visual that makes it different than other classes, its faithful to the original WC3 design, it gives you a "mecha" without having to drive around in a vehicle, and it looks cool.

Its also perfectly within Blizzard's ability to pull off.

Why would it be off the table? It gives the Tinker a visual that makes it different than other classes, its faithful to the original WC3 design, it gives you a "mecha" without having to drive around in a vehicle, and it looks cool.

I don't find a "mechanical backpack" to be an awesome idea. It gives a lot of design problems that would turn this class in something completely different from other classes (new model+skeleton to put over the already existing playable skeletons). Maybe with the new visual upgrade of the old classes...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    I don't find a "mechanical backpack" to be an awesome idea. It gives a lot of design problems that would turn this class in something completely different from other classes (new model+skeleton to put over the already existing playable skeletons). Maybe with the new visual upgrade of the old classes...
    Yeah, the goal is to make this class completely different from other classes.

I never said anything about vehiclea teriz. Mechanical the tanking spec would work like a shapeahift / stance youre just visualy in a shredder to justify beign able to tank basicaly.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    WOW! A whole thread of people who read 'catcher in the rye' and want to kill John Lennon.....
    I've never seen people read more into shit that wasn't even said then that 'scrotty mcboogerballs' episode.
    Tinker, sounds like stinker. That's the level of logic I need to conclude it will never be. Sorry, my 2cents, like it or lump it.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    WOW! A whole thread of people who read 'catcher in the rye' and want to kill John Lennon.....
    I've never seen people read more into shit that wasn't even said then that 'scrotty mcboogerballs' episode.
    Tinker, sounds like stinker. That's the level of logic I need to conclude it will never be. Sorry, my 2cents, like it or lump it.
    If the name is a problem, there's always Inventor/Technician/Mechanic/Machinist/Gear Master/Mekgineer/Siegecrafter/etc.

The advantage of coming from a large archetype.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tinker :

Possible Specs : Clockwork (Summoner DPS) - Steam Warfare (Tank) - Chemistry (Healer, Survival/PVP) ... Golemology (Pet Tank) is also possible depending on the pet system.

------ I'm just gonna give a brief concept about the Steam Warfare :

Possible Races : Humans - Dwarves - Gnomes - Blood Elves - Undead - Goblin... Orcs and Worgen are also a possibility. (Goblins could've taught them, and between Orcs and Trolls I think Orcs are more open to use new ideas, As for the Worgen they have a "victorian era" theme in their lifestyle and many technologies such as clockwork engine was invented during those times.)

Steam Warriors use either a mech or a suit (depending on their race's size) to withstand punishment. the size of this suit or mech WILL NOT surpass the size of a Tauren, meaning that all steam warriors will have a big/small suit that eventually makes them as big as a tauren. (does that make sense? :P my english is not good.)

Gnomes, Goblins and Dwarves use mechs because they're the shortest.

Humans, Blood Elves, Undead, Orcs and Worgen use suits, similar to Iron Man suits but more primitive (like the suit that Stark built in the cave.)

BUT each race has a different looking theme. Gnomes and Dwarves use the same theme, Humans use a very simple, ugly and primitive suit, Blood Elves use a slim suit decorated with elven art and runes, Forsaken use suits built from flesh and bones and powered with necromancy. Goblins use a jury rigged mech that looks like it's about to explode any minute... and so on.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2013-09-11 at 10:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerOfTwo View Post
    I never said anything about vehiclea teriz. Mechanical the tanking spec would work like a shapeahift / stance youre just visualy in a shredder to justify beign able to tank basicaly.
    That's cool Power. We all have our different concepts. I like them all. Banestalker's works for me as well.

I just think the Hammer tank is the most likely way Blizzard would go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Agreed, at worst non animated backpack Forsaken Apothecary style. At best, uniformized form, maybe with some minor hopefully racial, probably faction based distinctive features.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

Compare it with DKs and Monks - blue eyes, few new spell effects, few new animations for monks. Fully animated armpack would take literally hundreds of hours more work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hengwulf View Post
    Agreed, at worst non animated backpack Forsaken Apothecary style. At best, uniformized form, maybe with some minor hopefully racial, probably faction based distinctive features.

- - - Updated - - -

Compare it with DKs and Monks - blue eyes, few new spell effects, few new animations for monks. Fully animated armpack would take literally hundreds of hours more work.
    an arm pack attached to the back of the Tinker only requires special animation for itself, you don't have to create tons of animations (if any) for the player character itself.

and i don't understand how the mech suits are -surely off the table- if they all share the same animation skeleton (but different models)

I still don't understand all this thing about the Tinker, so... We can't have a Demon Hunter, but we can have a Tinker, we already have a tinker, it's called Engineer. BB, have fun.
    (Regarding DS LFR -> 5.0 LFR)
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    an arm pack attached to the back of the Tinker only requires special animation for itself, you don't have to create tons of animations (if any) for the player character itself.
    It would need to work with player character animations correctly, and since all races/sexes have different animations and models, it would have to be adjusted for each of them. Unless you imagine player character standing still and backpack doing all the work?

and i don't understand how the mech suits are -surely off the table- if they all share the same animation skeleton (but different models)
    It would be unprecedenced, to put so much work into character animations, even before all the abilities. Could be hard to fit that into time limits. But what do I know?

15+ Year Old Account
    It would need to work with player character animations correctly, and since all races/sexes have different animations and models, it would have to be adjusted for each of them. Unless you imagine player character standing still and backpack doing all the work?
    well my idea for arms-backpack is that the player carries the backpack on it's back and the only new animation for the player is that he pressing some random buttons or pulling some lever infront of him (which is attached to the arm-pack) and the device does some "random construction animation."

my clockwork idea is a summoner/dps kind of class (similar to engineers in TF2 and similar turret builder classes) they put small turrets operated by a clockwork-motor. and tinker uses these turrets to cast it's abilities (he himself does not cast the abilities but orders his turrets to for example cast AOE CC on X position) the tinker himself uses his equiped ranged weapon (gun prefered) and some basic ranged abilities to deal basic dmg but the majority of work is done by his small but hardy turrets. he can also build stations, (these creations are miniatore and do not take big spaces, a turret is the size of a totem and stations are a bit bigger) stations do some other stuff like allowing Tinkers to detect stealthers around him by casting "radar scans" on the position Tinkers choose. all these creations have limits of course.

so as you can see the mechical arm does not require much animation in this model, just a construction animation (mechano arms aimlessly moving in the air and opening closing their hands) perhaps a hitting/slapping animation is also needed :P

well my idea for arms-backpack is that the player carries the backpack on it's back and the only new animation for the player is that he pressing some random buttons or pulling some lever infront of him (which is attached to the arm-pack) and the device does some "random construction animation."

my clockwork idea is a summoner/dps kind of class (similar to engineers in TF2 and similar turret builder classes) they put small turrets operated by a clockwork-motor. and tinker uses these turrets to cast it's abilities (he himself does not cast the abilities but orders his turrets to for example cast AOE CC on X position) the tinker himself uses his equiped ranged weapon (gun prefered) and some basic ranged abilities to deal basic dmg but the majority of work is done by his small but hardy turrets. he can also build stations, (these creations are miniatore and do not take big spaces, a turret is the size of a totem and stations are a bit bigger) stations do some other stuff like allowing Tinkers to detect stealthers around him by casting "radar scans" on the position Tinkers choose. all these creations have limits of course.

so as you can see the mechical arm does not require much animation in this model, just a construction animation (mechano arms aimlessly moving in the air and opening closing their hands) perhaps a hitting/slapping animation is also needed :P
    That thing is create a new skeleton+model to be attached with a an already playable skeleton. Of course they can create that, but I don't know, it seems really different from other classes. It would be awesome if they create that class with the new models incoming, with a new equipment-slots for Tinkerer too. But doing that, they break the barrier for other classes more awesome, with new animations+new aesthetics slots+new equipment slots (DH with tattoo slots!!).

+1 with the tinkerers backpack, work hard blizz, we want something like this!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    That thing is create a new skeleton+model to be attached with a an already playable skeleton. Of course they can create that, but I don't know, it seems really different from other classes. It would be awesome if they create that class with the new models incoming, with a new equipment-slots for Tinkerer too. But doing that, they break the barrier for other classes more awesome, with new animations+new aesthetics slots+new equipment slots (DH with tattoo slots!!).

+1 with the tinkerers backpack, work hard blizz, we want something like this!!!
    isn't it like how weapons are added to the model? the character has the swing, thrust, shoot animation but the weapon itself is another model "added" to your character and has it's own model and animation. so you add the model of the arm pack to the player characters back and it will have separate animations.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Monks actually required entirely new fighting and standing animations for each character, along with the standard new spell that all new classes get. Also, it was done to every race except for Goblins and Worgen. This was done on top of adding a new race.

isn't it like how weapons are added to the model? the character has the swing, thrust, shoot animation but the weapon itself is another model "added" to your character and has it's own model and animation. so you add the model of the arm pack to the player characters back and it will have separate animations.
    No. Weapons are added over the playable skeleton without any interaction or movement (no skeleton for weapons or armour). And the skeleton has an already "slot" to put this models (over the hands of the playable-skeleton). Other items like shoulders, helmets, capes, etc... function the same way.
    All the animations or movement in a weapon model are not skeleton-animations, are new glowing textures/particles/animated textures/etc... that exists in the weapon model (because they don't have any skeleton).

For a "tinkerers-backpack" we need a new skeleton with his completely new moves, and then put over an another playable-skeleton. So, 2 independent skeletons moving at the same time at the same position (attached from their backs). Not hard, but something new in wow-terms for a playable race.

15+ Year Old Account
    No. Weapons are added over the playable skeleton without any interaction or movement (no skeleton for weapons or armour). And the skeleton has an already "slot" to put this models (over the hands of the playable-skeleton). Other items like shoulders, helmets, capes, etc... function the same way.
    All the animations or movement in a weapon model are not skeleton-animations, are new glowing textures/particles/animated textures/etc... that exists in the weapon model (because they don't have any skeleton).

For a "tinkerers-backpack" we need a new skeleton with his completely new moves, and then put over an another playable-skeleton. So, 2 independent skeletons moving at the same time at the same position (attached from their backs). Not hard, but something new in wow-terms for a playable race.
    aren't mounts and riders 2 different skeletons attached together and moving at the same time at the same position?