Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    So a promise he made was more important to him than his sense of right and wrong. That makes him dishonorable in my book.
    His sense of right and wrong is conflicting. He knows it's wrong to do what Garrosh is, but he think's it's worse to betray the Warchief. It's a lose-lose situation for him. And even then, he's not a full-blown Garrosh supporter anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Was just about to link this. Thanks Cosmic.
    Yeah zaela just falls off her drake and literally disappears just despawns thats it

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    Going by Silverpine her Val'kyr aren't strong enough to raise non-humans, though her dialogue in 5.4 does indicate Blizz has either forgotten or retconned this.
    Nah, the worgen are immune to the Plague and Undeath, that's it really. Only WOrgen can't be raised (She does try to raise some Sin'dorei, but Lor'themar flips his shit).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Micky Neilson confirmed via twitter that Warlord Zaela does not, in fact, die.

https://twitter.com/MickyNeilson/sta...56283746897920
    really? hmm, thats interesting. wonder if they'd do something liek we see zaela walking off alone, holding her stomach, suggesting garrosh jr.

still, thats clique and been done to death.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Nah, the worgen are immune to the Plague and Undeath, that's it really. Only WOrgen can't be raised (She does try to raise some Sin'dorei, but Lor'themar flips his shit).
    In Silverpine it's explicitly non-humans, hence the Alliance sending Dwarves, Nelves etc. in their 7th Legion forces.
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=27548

Presumably the Worgen curse mutates humans enough that they can't be raised anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I think it's a few years too late to complain about Blizzard writing being cliché. From what i've seen of SoO at this point, i'm somewhat hoping this is the route they actually go down. They've invested a lot in the Hellscream lineage/storyline; I doubt they'd let it end with Garrosh.

If nothing else, we could see a Wrathion-esque conclusion to it; the potential heir/heirs of Garrosh both trying and succeeding in not succumbing to the corruption of their ancestors (Grom/Garrosh), just as Wrathion (seems) to be a non-evil Black Dragon. Suspicious at best, for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    really? hmm, thats interesting. wonder if they'd do something liek we see zaela walking off alone, holding her stomach, suggesting garrosh jr.

Where does everyone get this whole ZaelaXGarrosh thing? I know I've shipped characters too, but we don't really have a basis other than she's justa small town girl, and he's a city boy, and she pledged the Dragonmaw to him.

I... really don't see any Zaela/Garrosh romance. And, frankly, I wouldn't -want- that. I love Zaela, and I think her actions (standing by Garrosh) were right, considering it was he who saved them, and strengthened them. I was rather upset at the implication that we would lose both Nazgrim and Zaela, two of the better Orcish figures.

Where does everyone get this whole ZaelaXGarrosh thing? I know I've shipped characters too, but we don't really have a basis other than she's justa small town girl, and he's a city boy, and she pledged the Dragonmaw to him.
    It's really just speculation; but i'd say it comes from the fact that she seemed especially keen to impress him in Twilight Highlands, as well as the fact that we left the two of them alone for what was presumably quite a while whilst we returned to Orgrimmar during the quest line.

More importantly, we were in Orgrimmar whilst Dragonmaw Port was being reinforced/fortified from a small settlement of largely wrecked/primitive buildings to a Horde-standard fortress with Horde resources, which presumably wasn't an overnight thing in-character.
    Last edited by Austilias; 2013-09-01 at 12:49 AM.

As to the decline of the orc numbers. I get the feeling that there might be a proper reinforcement at a later date when the Outland clans flee to Azeroth when the Burning Legion steps up it's game. Likely not this upcomming expansion though. And good option for Blizzard would be to move over Taunka and others who have allied themselves with the Horde, heck even the Mok'natal might follow Rexxar.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by High Priestess Ishanah View Post
    Tyrande and her sentinels blow up orgrimmar's door
    YEEESSSSSSS!!!!!! FINALLY! (hope she doesn't go in like a berserker talking about her High King, then I'd be pissed, but for now I'm happy).

Aysa rescues Ji and leaves the city with him
    And they go and take all the pandaren into the sunset where they live happily ever after... and we never see them again except for stories told.

Eitrigg wounded in Grommash hold
    I don't think he'll be warchief then. Whomever gets the mantle next is going to have a hard time. Some orcs will remain believing that Garrosh was right and might even challenge the new leader, there's going to be threats from extremist factions both within the Horde and from the Alliance (in story, we probably won't see anything in-game, but logically this would happen) so an old wounded orc wouldn't be of that much use.

Both Eitrigg and Saurfang were sort of dismissed by Dave Kosak as being "cameos". With that and many named Orcs seemingly being systematically wiped out during the siege, it's looking unlikely we'll see an Orcish Warchief again.

As much as I hate to say it, it's looking like Vol'jin even more so, now.

Both Eitrigg and Saurfang were sort of dismissed by Dave Kosak as being "cameos". With that and many named Orcs seemingly being systematically wiped out during the siege, it's looking unlikely we'll see an Orcish Warchief again.

As much as I hate to say it, it's looking like Vol'jin even more so, now.
    Much as I want a non-Orcish Warchief, Vol'jin is really not the individual I had in mind; not least because I believe his reputation precedes his actual accomplishments/merits, in the same way that Sylvanas' reputation for being an attractive-psychotic femme fatale is what helps her maintain her position as leader of the Forsaken and indeed, is what helps her stay alive after...3 deaths (thus far).

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Much as I want a non-Orcish Warchief, Vol'jin is really not the individual I had in mind; not least because I believe his reputation precedes his actual accomplishments/merits, in the same way that Sylvanas' reputation for being an attractive-psychotic femme fatale is what helps her maintain her position as leader of the Forsaken and indeed, is what helps her stay alive after...3 deaths (thus far).
    I'm hoping Blizzard pulls something interesting out of their hat. I just sincerely do not see Vol'jin, Thrall or Baine in the position of Warchief. I really, sorely wanted Saurfang as the Warchief, because to me, he embodies what it takes to be a proper Warchief. It's just a damn shame he's been written off almost entirely because of his age.. and the alternatives are not very good.

Originally, Nazgrim would have been my choice, but he's dead.

I'm hoping Blizzard pulls something interesting out of their hat. I just sincerely do not see Vol'jin, Thrall or Baine in the position of Warchief. I really, sorely wanted Saurfang as the Warchief, because to me, he embodies what it takes to be a proper Warchief. It's just a damn shame he's been written off almost entirely because of his age.. and the alternatives are not very good.

Originally, Nazgrim would have been my choice, but he's dead.
    Saurfang and Lor'themar are the best choices we have. Both very capable leaders, both very good negotiators. Willing to do anything for their people, fine tacticians, etc.

I'd prefer to see Lor'themar as Warchief with Saurfang as the orc racial leader, simply because I don't see the rest of the Horde trusting the Orcs for quite some time yet.

So if we get a non-orc Warchief, does that mean orcs have no racial leader at all? My gut still says Saurfang.

Also, Lor'themar??? I'm Alliance all the way, but the idea of an ELF as WARCHIEF OF THE HORDE makes even ME want to puke.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Seeing Tyrande doing something, and the little events makes me happy, but I still hope there are some demands by Varian at the end/some consequences for more than just the "bad orcs" (Kor'kron and Garrosh) and also the rebels. Not just that we come there to help them.

If they do that, I'll be happy.

I hate how alliance players will never be happy a raid was made out of our capitol city. Stop feeling so entitled. The developers even said alliance players ask for to much. Kicked out of Dalaran. Capitol city is raided. Stop QQing

Saurfang and Lor'themar are the best choices we have. Both very capable leaders, both very good negotiators. Willing to do anything for their people, fine tacticians, etc.

I'd prefer to see Lor'themar as Warchief with Saurfang as the orc racial leader, simply because I don't see the rest of the Horde trusting the Orcs for quite some time yet.
    I just... honestly do not see Lor'themar Theron at the helm. He isn't really an "option", in my mind. Blizzard would never choose a Blood Elf to lead the Horde, simply put, and his loyalties are strictly to his own people, rather than the Horde as a whole. The Horde needs a leader with the Horde 'spirit'. I would frankly not mind it if they made a new character all together to fill this role, because what personality traits have been established for figures like Vol'jin does not make him a very good leader.

I just... honestly do not see Lor'themar Theron at the helm. He isn't really an "option", in my mind. Blizzard would never choose a Blood Elf to lead the Horde, simply put, and his loyalties are strictly to his own people, rather than the Horde as a whole. The Horde needs a leader with the Horde 'spirit'. I would frankly not mind it if they made a new character all together to fill this role, because what personality traits have been established for figures like Vol'jin does not make him a very good leader.
    He is totally loyal to the Horde. And as for that, even the other leaders put their respective races first.

Lor'themar has made it abundantly clear he is loyal to the Horde - just not Garrosh's Horde. In Tides of War (spoilers), when Garrosh calls him to the throne room, Garrosh thanks him for his loyalty to him, and Lor'themar responds with a "I am loyal to the Horde, not you" remark, wherein Garrosh makes a mental note to keep an eye on him (*cough*Dalaran*cough*).

The difference between Lor'themar and Vol'jin is that Lor'themar sought to secede from the Horde (a more "peaceful" disposition, I'd say), while Vol'jin chose to start a revolution (wherein Lor'themar threw his weight behind it; he'd already had thoughts about a revolution, as seen in 5.2). I'd say Lor'themar would make a fine Warchief, and he's certainly among the best candidates we have right now.

A new character would certainly be a possibility, though at this point i'm honestly hoping for Lor'themar; partially because they've been giving him a lot of attention throughout MoP, from the Domination Point questline to the Thunder Isle questline, which was nigh entirely based around the Blood Elves and Lor'themar. Something tells me they'd throw us this wild card; not least because, lorewise, he never saw himself as worthy to inherit Kael'thas' position (hence his title of Regent Lord). With his progression throughout WoW since TBC and especially in MoP, I can see him finally standing up and taking an official/formal psotion of responsibility; not just for his own people, but the Horde at large.

Plus it'd be a huge middle finger to the 'hardcore' Horde kiddies who still think that the Blood Elves have no place in the Horde, or that they aren't 'Horde' enough. That alone makes me happy to consider him.