Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    We'll see in nine days or so, I suppose! I'm just not entirely sold.

I will say, however, I will take Lor'themar Theron as the Warchief over Vol'jin and Thrall any way. I just don't see it happening.

I think the safest bet for the next Warchief is Vol'jin. They have been spending a lot of resources on his storyline, starting primarily back in Cataclysm with the new Sen'jin Islands. There was a blue tweet though that said something along the lines of "it's not who you would expect."

So do I read that as, it's not who I would expect... an orc? So it's Vol'jin?
    Or... it's not who I would expect... someone not getting played up right now? So anybody? (Rexxar )
    I actually REALLY like Lor'themar as a character now, but something just doesn't feel right about a blood elf as Warchief.

No idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I think the safest bet for the next Warchief is Vol'jin. They have been spending a lot of resources on his storyline, starting primarily back in Cataclysm with the new Sen'jin Islands. There was a blue tweet though that said something along the lines of "it's not who you would expect."

Or... it's not who I would expect... someone not getting played up right now? So anybody? (Rexxar )
    I actually REALLY like Lor'themar as a character now, but something just doesn't feel right about a blood elf as Warchief.

No idea.
    To me it seems like everyone's expecting Vol'jin; Baine is still very much a canvas, Thrall is (hopefully) not coming back, Sylvanas is not entirely popular (not least with Drek'thar and the Frostwolf Clan among others), Gallywix has yet to even be seen in-game, and so on and so forth.

Second (or perhaps even first) to Vol'jin, Lor'themar has had a lot invested in his storyline throughout this expansion. I don't think anyone really expects a Blood Elf to lead the Horde despite all this however; something I think Blizzard is counting on.

10+ Year Old Account
    As the biggest blood elf fanboy ever, I would hate Theron leading the Horde. Players would flip shit over an elf warchief, and Blizzard would invariably give him the Garrosh treatment in several altogether unconvincing attempts to change the naysayers' minds.

It would end with us invading sha-corrupted Silvermoon, I tell you. Spare me. Warchief Saurfang and high shaman Thrall as a morally straight Doomhammer/Gul'dan duo IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

No idea.
    I agree about Lor'themar. He's a great character now and I'd like to see more of him going forward, but I don't think we are ready to make the thematic break needed to put a Blood Elf in charge of the Horde.

From a lore perspective, with Vol'jin leading the revolution, even if he lacks official control over the selection process, it's unlikely anyone could assert authority over the Horde without his approval. If he doesn't take charge himself, chances are he'll only allow someone who follows a similar line of thought (ie "The Horde is family") as he does. Since Lor'themar is only really supporting the rebellion because dethroning Garrosh is good for Quel'thelas, Vol'jin won't sign off on him.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    Good to see the Night Elves are finally getting of their arses to fight back for once, and to actually attack the gate rather than just losing on the defensive no less

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    As the biggest blood elf fanboy ever, I would hate Theron leading the Horde. Players would flip shit over an elf warchief, and Blizzard would invariably give him the Garrosh treatment in several altogether unconvincing attempts to change the naysayers' minds.

It would end with us invading sha-corrupted Silvermoon, I tell you. Spare me. Warchief Saurfang and high shaman Thrall as a morally straight Doomhammer/Gul'dan duo IMO.
    Never thought about the Saurfang/Thrall idea. Sounds neat! I mean, Thrall wouldn't even need to stay at Grommash Hold. He could just be "Thrall <High Shaman of the Horde>" and let Saurfang rule as Warchief.

And yes, Lor'themar as Warchief would turn out bad... I don't think he'd even like being Warchief (since he has said many times he only leads his people because he needs to, as there's no other to lead them).

Either way, I vote Saurfang.

OT:

Love the pictures fella, thank you very much!
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

Can you imagine Warchief Jastor Gallywix?

I'd laugh so hard.

- - - Updated - - -

It seems there's something more to Zaela's story that Micky Neilson can't tell us.

CosmicGuitars: Hey, guys - Is Warlord Zaela dead? On the PTR she falls off Galakrond and vanishes. Seems anticlimactic, if so!

Micky Neilson: Zaela is not dead.

1990Sanji: People are pondering the phrasing. Does she not die in the raid?

Micky Neilson: I can't give away any spoilers. There's a machine gun nest in my ceiling.

sauce: https://twitter.com/MickyNeilson/sta...85688602947584

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Saurfang and Lor'themar are the best choices we have. Both very capable leaders, both very good negotiators. Willing to do anything for their people,, fine tacticians, etc..
    See Garrosh for how that isn't necessarily a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    It seems there's something more to Zaela's story that Micky Neilson can't tell us.

CosmicGuitars: Hey, guys - Is Warlord Zaela dead? On the PTR she falls off Galakrond and vanishes. Seems anticlimactic, if so!

Micky Neilson: Zaela is not dead.

1990Sanji: People are pondering the phrasing. Does she not die in the raid?

Micky Neilson: I can't give away any spoilers. There's a machine gun nest in my ceiling.
    Great, now time to add more fuel to the Warchief speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    See Garrosh for how that isn't necessarily a good thing.

The difference between Saurfang/Lor'themar and Garrosh is that they've seen what that does to people. THey know the dangers, and neither one of them covets power/leadership positions, though both are very good at it. Both have strong deterrents for that sort of thing anyways (Saurfang's memories of being under the Blood Haze ["I don't eat pork." *Saurfang spits*], and Kael'thas/Sylvanas are big, big reminders for Lor'themar).

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post

Zaela becoming Warchief at this point would be so far out of left field it would also be out of right field. I really can't see anyone who fought against the rebellion becoming Warchief since it will be the leaders of the rebellion doing the selection.

My guess is she'll end up leading the remnants of Garrosh's loyalists in expansion 5. They might be a B plot in a single zone, but I wouldn't be surprised if at least some of them are still trying to muck things up.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    The difference between Saurfang/Lor'themar and Garrosh is that they've seen what that does to people. THey know the dangers, and neither one of them covets power/leadership positions, though both are very good at it. Both have strong deterrents for that sort of thing anyways (Saurfang's memories of being under the Blood Haze ["I don't eat pork." *Saurfang spits*], and Kael'thas/Sylvanas are big, big reminders for Lor'themar).
    Exactly. These experiences differ them from Garrosh. That's why I think Saurfang will probably be Warchief. He has experience, loyalty, badassness and know what crossing the line can do to his people.
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

Quote Originally Posted by Sonridor View Post
    Exactly. These experiences differ them from Garrosh. That's why I think Saurfang will probably be Warchief. He has experience, loyalty, badassness and know what crossing the line can do to his people.
    I wish it was so, my friend, but it looks grim..

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Seeing Tyrande doing something, and the little events makes me happy, but I still hope there are some demands by Varian at the end/some consequences for more than just the "bad orcs" (Kor'kron and Garrosh) and also the rebels. Not just that we come there to help them.

If they do that, I'll be happy.
    Just as soon as the horde gets demands for killing the king of Lordaeron.

10+ Year Old Account
    the loss of all these NPCs reminds me of when auberdine got destroyed in the cataclysm. finding all these quest givers id literally been going to since 2006 dead or dying shook me quite a bit.

makes me kinda wish that i had played horde more so i knew who the hell any of these guys were. i mean i know the big names of course but the vendors are just namelss NPCs to me.

god, orgrimmar is gonna be a mess after this lol. cant imagine this happening to stormwind. was bad enough losing the park lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

I just keep asking, what the hell happens to the orcs now. I mean theres the bitching and crying alliance weeping because they want absolute victory, but yet they get to keep there fucking npcs and characters in tact, you won't see dwarves bread lady or gnome pie kid of officer jaxon as a corpse on the ground soon, and they haven't lost anything really..
    Yep nothing at all. You know, unless you count all the south shore npcs, several ashenvale npcs, Genn's son, all the major leaders of the alliance fleet, all the Theremore npcs. Yep nothing at all. Seems to you it only matters if the lost happens in a raid. Or maybe you think its only a significant loss to horde if its an orc. The alliance losses were pretty spread out across most of their faction. Times like this I'm glad I play Forsaken. I find it weird that it takes the combine might of the Alliance and the rest of horde forces just to take on the Orcs.

That said while I liked that they didn't back down from (majority of the orcs supported Garrosh) stance. Kinda puts a squash on the the guys who were on denial. They said time and again the Orcs as a whole sided with Garrosh, wether they would continue to do so once they learn he meant to lead down the Sha corruption path is another story. Kicking the sissy races out and slaughter every none Orc races on Azeroth while drinking the juices was just peachy however.
    Last edited by alt-ithist; 2013-09-01 at 04:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Ya know, just because it is said that Varian "allowed the Horde to choose a new Warchief," doesn't exactly mean that it is the plan they are going to follow...

All i'm saying is that it could be misleading.

I would love Saurfang/Lor'themar to be the new warchief, although Zaela could be cool if she was carrying Garrosh's child.

I do love the new raid though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    IIRC, Kosak or one of those folks confirmed this will be Eitrigg's last appearance alive.
    Fordring and the argent crusade are going to be fucking pissed for that.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Fordring and the argent crusade are going to be fucking pissed for that.
    actually, it wasn't confirmed after all, just someone randomly speculating it.
    #boycottchina