Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    children > soldiers + ronin

period.
    Just look at all that Anduin and Wrathion are accomplishing. What did Rhonin ever do besides grow a legendary beard?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just look at all that Anduin and Wrathion are accomplishing. What did Rhonin ever do besides grow a legendary beard?
    + They innocent, crystal clear souls are great offering to dark powers...erm i mean killing children is bad...yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Growing a legendary beard is more than enough

Anyway, on topic: really? Children now? Even Christie Golden in her shitty book didn't resort to sucha cheap shot. It's like "What else we can do about this guy to make him more evil? Let's check the book of very mean things: hurting children, laughing at disabled people, using your hammer drill at 6 AM? Let's go with the 1st one". Very inspired indeed.

Also a retcon, but thats kind of a relief that even Blizzard does not care about the story written by Blizzard.
    Last edited by Okacz; 2013-08-31 at 11:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is terrible. WTF Garrosh man.

You should of killed them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Who cares for the children of some slave trading dictatorship! I REMEMBER OLD HILLSBRAD! I REMEMBER FREEING ORC SLAVES! Alliance have no moral high ground!
    Oh right, those Humans. I remember them. Must be kinda awkward now that the local population is Forsaken and sees Orcs every day.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Oh right, those Humans. I remember them. Must be kinda awkward now that the local population is Forsaken and sees Orcs every day.
    Whether or not Horde players view the Forsaken as human tends to vary with the subject.

Lordaeron? Yeah, they're totally human. It's their Kingdom. But Arthas? No way, that was the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    Whether or not Horde players view the Forsaken as human tends to vary with the subject.

Lordaeron? Yeah, they're totally human. It's their Kingdom. But Arthas? No way, that was the Alliance!
    He means the humans in the old hillsbrad instance might have became forsaken and now see orcs all the time when they use to be prisoner/slaves before.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Bad news guys, some people still like garrosh!"

"That's impossible! Give them everything we have! Make it so he eats a baby at 10% to gain more health! Make it so he captured kids that escaped Theramore! Make it so he suddenly wants to kill every race on azeroth and not just horde traitors and alliance!"

Blizz i'm having a hard time taking you seriously. Just stop. Deal with the fact you made a non-bad bad guy. Stop pulling stuff out of your ass and face the music.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2013-09-01 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    He means the humans in the old hillsbrad instance might have became forsaken and now see orcs all the time when they use to be prisoner/slaves before.
    I know what he meant.

I was referring to the tendency of Horde players claim they have a "right" to Lordaeron as it's former people, yet still push any negative action the people of Lordaeron took before their deaths onto the Alliance.

Basically, they're humans when it suits them to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say, well i do agree on some points that aspects of the writing has been lacking, in places, quite badly infact... theres something about seeing Garrosh fanboys now getting riled by him being the bad guy and all the bad cobra commander shit he's doing bow pissing them off.. it just makes it satisfying seeing these people so angry at it all, given all the bullshit the characters caused in the last 3-4 years.

For a time it even seemed like with garrosh gone, maybe the story could move on from him in a meaningful way, but nope, even on death row, garrosh brings dozens of orc npcs with him, leaving little substance left for the orcs. So, honestly, I'll just get my jollies from seeing his fans whine and conplain about his character development, the same as seeing alliance players whining and complaining about how they don't get to defeat the horde.
    #boycottchina

Heh, poor hordies only now start to find out that your belowed orcs are into capturing children? Guess you didn't bother to play Alliance Pandaria intro, eh?

Let me quote that for you:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunke Khang, "Unfair Trade" quest start
    Though we have only just met, we have a common enemy: this group called the "Horde."

Several days ago, their leader made us a trade offer. When we refused, his servants abducted several of our cubs as bargaining chips.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Who cares for the children of some slave trading dictatorship! I REMEMBER OLD HILLSBRAD! I REMEMBER FREEING ORC SLAVES! Alliance have no moral high ground!
    The orcs were imprisoned (quit logically) by Lordaeron.

As many Forsaken players JUST CAN'T WAIT to tell you, they ARE Lordaeron.

Take it up with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda funny how it mentions nowhere in the lore that garrosh took prisoners from theramore...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Heh, poor hordies only now start to find out that your belowed orcs are into capturing children? Guess you didn't bother to play Alliance Pandaria intro, eh?

don't be stupid, alliance do exactly the same thing with pandaren children when you play horde.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post

Alliance do the same thing in the Horde intro, both groups were being affected by the Sha though.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Kinda funny how it mentions nowhere in the lore that garrosh took prisoners from theramore...
    It is nowhere stated that Garrosh betrayed Cairne, what does Baine say in 5.4?

"Bla bla, Garrosh betrayed my Father"

If they want to make Garrosh even more evil, fine, but twisting established lore to make him appear even worse is just bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It is nowhere stated that Garrosh betrayed Cairne, what does Baine say in 5.4?

"Bla bla, Garrosh betrayed my Father"

If they want to make Garrosh even more evil, fine, but twisting established lore to make him appear even worse is just bad.
    Exactly! If a character's story doesn't go as planned, then change the outcome, not the character. Last minute changes are awkward and generally disliked by the community. ESPECIALLY when they aren't even canon.

I'm going to really dread next expansion when the new players file in and start calling garrosh evil... It just aint true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Next revelations:

Garrosh - eats only puppies, gives presents to Hitler.

A bit late to this thread and it is also too late to read through all 20 current pages on this topic, ( so forgive me if it has been mentioned before)
    but my own slight thought on this is that the , "they took my children" could even mean that they were killed in the bombing.
    It has been seen countless times in times of war in media that when people say they took my xyz that it could be through senseless killings

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Exactly! If a character's story doesn't go as planned, then change the outcome, not the character. Last minute changes are awkward and generally disliked by the community. ESPECIALLY when they aren't even canon.

I'm going to really dread next expansion when the new players file in and start calling garrosh evil... It just aint true.
    oh no, he's evil now. regardless of if you like the idea or not, if you dislike how blizzard made it happen or not, fact is still now set in stone that garrosh is evil, and your just going to have to accept it.
    #boycottchina