Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Rofl this thread is already shit, and by the same people too. Better luck next time.

Explain!

But yeah. Shame it's devolved into a generic Horde vs Alliance bias thread, I guess.

But I am (albeit an admittedly small) part of it by adding to it. Apologies for that.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Uhhh a new Warchief? The conclusion to their revenge storyline? Among everything else. I'm sorry you can't see this.

The Alliance has no tangible victory. Garrosh being gone is far more a Horde achievement than an Alliance one.
    Great. One of our lore characters was needlessly vilified and turned into a loot pinata.

Go team Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    I'm talking strictly gameplay wise. Unless the new Warchief is a new brand character, there is really nothing that the Horde gains in MoP.
    Considering the Alliance complaint has everything to do with the story, your qualification is meaningless. The Horde get a new Warchief. They have a conclusion to a really good storyline building since the beginning of Cata with Vol'jin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Great. One of our lore characters was needlessly vilified and turned into a loot pinata.

Go team Horde.
    I guess you missed the last expansion and most of this one.

Considering the Alliance complaint has everything to do with the story, your qualification is meaningless. The Horde get a new Warchief. They have a conclusion to a really good storyline building since the beginning of Cata with Vol'jin.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you missed the last expansion and most of this one.
    If you sincerely think Garrosh's vilification was "a really good story line", I have no idea what to say.

Frankly, I'd rather have Cata Garrosh back, before he decided to drop everything he'd learned and bomb Theramore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    It looks a lot like they're getting a 'get out of jail free' card; having dumped their sins onto Garrosh and the Kor'kron, a new Warchief, and no apparent losses out of any of the gains made under Garrosh, save for some damage to Orgrimmar.
    We don't even know the cinematics, even less what will come after the Siege. That's the problem right there, we are still dealing with the siege and you are already complaining that nothing will come from it in the future. Blizzard never discloses what they plan next, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    If you sincerely think Garrosh's vilification was "a really good story line", I have no idea what to say.

Frankly, I'd rather have Cata Garrosh back, before he decided to drop everything he'd learned and bomb Theramore.
    Uhh the revenge storyline with Vol'jin/Baine, and even Thrall in the mix? Its far better than the Alliance who just shows up and gets a technical win at the end after being asswhooped for an expansion and a half.

Originally Posted by Dave Kosak
    Alliance fist pump moment - it was promised - what is it?
    This expansion, after Theramore, there have been a string of Alliance victories. They stopped Garrosh in 5.1 from doing what he was going to do. By 5.2, we had purged Dalaran. Dalaran is now an Alliance city. 5.3, we saw the Horde completely dissolving while the Alliance is coming together. And in 5.4, the Alliance is marching into Orgrimmar, deposing the Warchief, and allowing the Horde to name a successor that they can work with. So, Alliance is changing the world here. And so, that's big! I don't know how to make it any bigger without alienating the entire Horde playerbase. I think we're trying to walk the line where both Alliance and Horde are seeing the siege of Orgrimmar as something they're both excited about. I think we've crafted a good story to do that. I'm not sure... if we were sieging Stormwind would that be more fist-pumpy? I mean, YOU'RE SIEGING ORGRIMMAR! YOU ARE TAKING AN ENEMY CAPITAL AND KILLING THE WARCHIEF! I don't know what more the Alliance can be doing. They're like, "uuhhhh yeahh, whatever." I don't know, I don't know what more the Alliance can be doing. PUMP SOME FISTS AS YOU KILL EVERY SINGLE ORC IN ORGRIMMAR, practically. (Source)
    All caps to describe the Siege? What people are complaining about though is that they aren't besieging the opposing faction's capital and killing their leader. They're helping the Horde besiege a villain who has taken their capital from them. The Alliance isn't beating the Horde, they're beating Garrosh. Right now, they're helping the actual Horde. It would be like saying Wrath of the Lich King was an expansion about defeating the Burning Legion because he was Kil'jaeden's minion until after Reign of Chaos. Not to mention, the Alliance lead up to the siege involved piloting a robot cat with a leet-speak name...

Anyway, I think I see the real problem here. Upset that the Alliance doesn't cheer at the Dalaran purge, and that they're not excited to kill every single orc in Orgrimmar? Blizzard doesn't realize what kinds of people pick the Alliance. Obviously it doesn't apply to everyone, but I bet you people are generally going to choose the shiny knights and humans of the Alliance over the brutish races of the Horde because... they want to be heroes, not barbaric conquerors (not saying the Horde are evil, but to a new player they are going to appear evil in comparison).

The Alliance players don't want to commit genocide. They want to have victories in a war, but not at the cost of their soul. They don't want to sacrifice their values just to say they accomplished something. And don't say you have to. Look at pretty much any neutral faction. And you know what? I think this may explain all the weirdness about the biggest heroes becoming neutral. Blizzard apparently has this weird idea that both factions are mindless, evil conquerors instead of both being the heroes they're supposed to be post-Warcraft III, and yet for some reason we're forced to join them instead of the actual heroes.

The Order of the Silver Hand and the Cult of the Damned both formed in Alliance territory. I'm willing to bet most Alliance players identify more strongly with the former.

Cannot wait for siege to land. Garry is going down. Even sorted out my t1 lookalike set and mogged gorehowl. Fucker dies by his fathers axe.

Your dad died freeing the Orcs and you went down a very similar path so you're going down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Oh I like it. I hope he turns them into little Sha monsters.
    My thoughts exactly.

It looks a lot like they're getting a 'get out of jail free' card; having dumped their sins onto Garrosh and the Kor'kron, a new Warchief, and no apparent losses out of any of the gains made under Garrosh, save for some damage to Orgrimmar.
    What damage?

15+ Year Old Account
    I personally do not really care.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    No, my qualification has to do with the talk I was having with Alenarian. If you want to talk about it, feel free, but don't try to change the subject of someone's talk. Thank you.

No, my qualification has to do with the talk I was having with Alenarian. If you want to talk about it, feel free, but don't try to change the subject of someone's talk. Thank you.
    You have a new Warchief. Whether or not it is an old character is irrelevant. Somebody new will be where Garrosh was. There's a gameplay change for you.

Deleted
    The problem is that the 'Horde before it was divided, in it's entirety' was responsible for the attacks on the Alliance while the Alliance get to kill some power hungry warmonger who's at war with BOTH factions.

The Horde responsible for the atrocities on the Alliance is for some reason, completely free of all of their travesties and the Alliance should be super duper happy that they killed some guy hostile to both factions who was partly responsible for everything that happened to the Alliance while all the others responsible get away with no consquences.

The Alliance don't get a revenge on the Horde responsible for what happened to them. The 'player Horde'. That's the problem. The 'Player Horde' actually did all of those things to the Alliance.

I'm repeating myself more because the thick skulled Horde idiots and Blizzard that don't realise it yet frankly need the repetition so it can sink in eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    What damage?
    Ah, my bad. Chances are that beyond the raid, Orgrimmar will still look exactly the same; save for Garrosh being replaced in the throne room...maybe.

Deleted
    Okey, he took child prisoners. What's the catch?

We don't even know the cinematics, even less what will come after the Siege. That's the problem right there, we are still dealing with the siege and you are already complaining that nothing will come from it in the future. Blizzard never discloses what they plan next, ever.
    From what we've seen thus far, the bias seems obvious. That said, you are correct; but if Blizzard honestly shows the Alliance as having made any meaningful gains post-5.4 (I highly doubt they will), then i'll take back what i've said.

Deleted
    You have a new Warchief. Whether or not it is an old character is irrelevant. Somebody new will be where Garrosh was. There's a gameplay change for you.
    Also, I play with a Human Hunter and a Tushui Pandaren Monk, I have no Warchief.

But it is very relevant if it's an old character, meaning that the balance between the Horde winning or losing ingame stuff is very negative. An old character turn Warchief is just a title change under his name, nothing more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mmochampionuserone View Post
    The Alliance don't get a revenge on the Horde responsible for what happened to them. The 'player Horde'. That's the problem. The 'Player Horde' actually did all of those things to the Alliance.

I'm repeating myself more because the thick skulled Horde idiots and Blizzard that don't realise it yet frankly need the repetition so it can sink in eventually.
    It's you that have to sink in that the player, whoever it might be, will never be punished in any sort of matter. Ever.

That logic makes no sense. "Its old character so negative." xD

From what we've seen thus far, the bias seems obvious. That said, you are correct; but if Blizzard honestly shows the Alliance as having made any meaningful gains post-5.4 (I highly doubt they will), then i'll take back what i've said.
    They've more or less admitted through tweets that the Alliance will not be getting back any of the territories the Horde have stolen because they don't feel like going back and updating them, and they think saying "Alliance has this in lore even though it's still contested ingame" is boring (While it is, I would say it's better than the alternative of the Alliance not getting anything at all, but apparently Blizz disagrees).

Obviously the Alliance cannot capture or destroy Orgrimmar for gameplay reasons.

Even Garrosh himself is fought with Thrall, and so will likely be killed by Thrall. Maybe Vol'jin for the black heart/Yshaarj's heart connection, but that's not any better for us.

Really, what's left for the Alliance to gain from Siege?