Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    There is also this thing i'm worried about. I feel thok's (and similar trinkets) will be helpful but i also feel like i'm ninja-ing them from people that benefit not only the passive, but also from the proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    There is also this thing i'm worried about. I feel thok's (and similar trinkets) will be helpful but i also feel like i'm ninja-ing them from people that benefit not only the passive, but also from the proc.
    That is a perfect reason why I want to make a functional BrM simcraft. Obviously a strength user benefits more from the proc than we do, but there's a pretty good chance we benefit from the passive more than they do. The catch is TED is probably going to get trashed or at least underutilized if we don't take it, so my money would be on the total raid benefit of me taking TED, Str dps taking Thok's being the best, but that's basically just a guess. I would like some simulation behind that. With a functioning simcraft, i could equip thok's sim it and have actual numbers. If you don't want to compare tank survival to raid dps, could always drop some mastery into crit until your TMI or % chance to die remained the same with Thok's as with something else, then compared raid dps. Maybe thok's is only barely better than something else for a ret paladin. That could be figured out but it would have to be so case by case, and that's what sims are designed to do.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22321425

Currently have HRentakis and Normal BJuJu, do I need a RoRo to set myself up well as a 10M BRM? Thok's Tail Tip will be hard with a DK, Warrior, and Prot Pally in my 10m group. So without a RoRo am I just stuck with running TEB with SoR or Haromms for DPS?

10+ Year Old Account
    Got a heroic (not TFed though) RoO the week before 5.4 release, convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Feawen View Post
    Currently have HRentakis and Normal BJuJu, do I need a RoRo to set myself up well as a 10M BRM? Thok's Tail Tip will be hard with a DK, Warrior, and Prot Pally in my 10m group. So without a RoRo am I just stuck with running TEB with SoR or Haromms for DPS?
    It's good, but it's not like the spec is broken without it. Pretty sure several hours of working on the new content would be more useful for your raid than several hours each week clearing tot to try and get it. If you can get it on a non raid night or something now that you can do tot xserver, it'd be good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Couple questions on Thok's I don't recall seeing answered.
    1) Does the STR proc at all for BrM?
    2) If so do we gain anything at all from STR? AP, parry, anything?

I'm thinking of RoRo + TED as main pickups with the DPS/amplification choices after good DPS that need them have drops.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Couple questions on Thok's I don't recall seeing answered.
    1) Does the STR proc at all for BrM?
    2) If so do we gain anything at all from STR? AP, parry, anything?

I'm thinking of RoRo + TED as main pickups with the DPS/amplification choices after good DPS that need them have drops.
    1) Yes
    2) Just AP, so bigger guards, harder hits, bigger expel harms. But, on top of vengeance, the str proc is a little lost in the noise.

But the passive is pretty amazing!

So outside of RoRo, what would be considered BiS? Haromm's and Thok's for single target, replacing Haromm's for Sigil on AoE fights?

There's really no such thing as BiS for trinkets because the answer changes constantly, and you're going to end up with a bunch of tanking trinkets no one else wants to use for different fights. Even on a single fight, does your guild need you to survive through a bit more burst, take a little less overall damage, or help kill the boss and/or adds faster? No one can answer that but you. If you want the best possible non RoRo trinkets for a generic fight with no real mechanics, probably the healer amp trinket and the str amp trinket, but there's no way your raid is better off with you having both of those than someone else having them, so I'd probably aim for TED and maybe the str amp trinket if you don't have a lot of str users.