Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KWC3587 View Post
    Actually I'm still at a loss as to how there could possibly even be enough orcs left to threaten the entire alliance/factional horde in the first place. The only orcs left are the ones that were on this side of the portal when it blew and then survived the camps, combined with at most 1 generation since. Even that counts on ALL the orcs siding with Garrosh, which I think we can count on at least a third not doing so if not more. The biggest weapon he has on his side is a fraction of a fraction of an old god's power, and we've taken on two already that were probably at a greater power level than the heart is at, even after it's bath in the waters of the terrace.

Even allowing for that I can only hope that: A) The reformed horde is smart enough to not put the orcs back in charge again. They've pretty much repeated if not built upon every atrocity they committed in the first war. B) The Alliance makes damn sure they tell the horde they're hanging by a much shorter rope this time, and if we ever have to do this again it'll be the last time. (Sylvanas and her kill all the living policy, I'm looking at you.) So they actually choose a warchief that isn't blind to his followers character flaws to the point that every single person he knows points them out to him on a regular basis, or is so psychotic as to make cartoon villains look absolutely subtle by comparison.
    blizzard puts game mechanics first remember, logic is included in lore. Orc population seems to have not dwindled once since RoC, but actually seems to have gained.

You have these orcs from the camps... how many orcs were in the camps, and many of them were Blackrock orcs, or blacktoothgrin-whatevers(though i think those are rends horde) Many of those Orcs didn't follow Thrall but went off and killed humans and were killed by arthas. So that small army that attacked blackmoore's hold is the whole orc population and it wasnt a lot.
    Then they go across the sea, some get stranded on an island meet the trolls and flee to kalimdor which the ships crashed and thrall had to gather the orcs. He met up with Grom's half who were battling the humans and not even the main group of humans which are later the ones who make up theramore and northwatch. groms group fights night elves later, get tainted and battle thralls group and get untainted. They then fight demon legions to which many died to according to Broxxy,
    Then they get assaulted by kultiras navy who may outnumber them if i recall, beat them with help from the others and jaina. Then there's that battle in that first wow book that didn't have to many losses.
    Now you got WoW, there's wars all over, horde forces all over. Then we go to outland and fight 1000's of demons and the fel horde, while gaining some brown orcs(and garrosh).
    Then northrend, casualties are certain to be at its highest for the whole of azeroth at this point. Endless undead, forsaken traitors, nexus wars and the old god's metal army.
    Cataclysm where the enemy is actually the playable races who joined the old gods. Casualties gotta be high right off the bat since the enemies are citizens turned.
    Pandaria, for some reason to this day the Horde numbers never seem to take a hit, in fact they are so strong, that even races who hate the alliance side against them.

But game mechanics come first so dont be surprised if you don't see a loss in horde or any other race pop after this battle :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    doubt the orcs will be in fighting shape for future conflicts after this for a while coming.
    i think it will take maybe 1 and a half tiers for the orcs to restructure, they are a powerful race. This won't be too big of a setback.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i think it will take maybe 1 and a half tiers for the orcs to restructure, they are a powerful race. This won't be too big of a setback.
    you know, this will be the third time the orcs will have faced something like this, and they keep bouncing back.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    I think a new conclave of orcs will join the Horde.

Mag'har or a newly discovered force that just turned up in Azeroth.

Or maybe they don't need to explain it. (Alextrasa ressed them all like she did for the Blue Dragonflight ?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I second this!
    Throw them back into the camps :P! A second chance of WC2 ending!

Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    Throw them back into the camps :P! A second chance of WC2 ending!
    That would never fly with the other races, nor would it be possible with the condition of the Orcs. Their lethargy has long been removed.

Blizz has stated Gameplay > Story/Lore

This was basically a bunch of devs thinking hey wouldn't it be cool if we could raid a major city instead of some sha of who gives a fuck or that old god who nobody can pronounce his name.

So they all sat around and said so which one shall it be org or sw? Who is the biggest dbag garrosh or varian so they went with org and garrosh and made him 180 his character from a hothead who had honour and genuinely tried his best to a complete bloodlusting evil lunatic and make varian who was just as hotheaded into a well tempered boyscout.

I have completely given up taking the story and lore seriously cause blizz has completely given up taking the story and lore seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post

This was basically a bunch of devs thinking hey wouldn't it be cool if we could raid a major city instead of some sha of who gives a fuck or that old god who nobody can pronounce his name.

So they all sat around and said so which one shall it be org or sw? Who is the biggest dbag garrosh or varian so they went with org and garrosh and made him 180 his character from a hothead who had honour and genuinely tried his best to a complete bloodlusting evil lunatic and make varian who was just as hotheaded into a well tempered boyscout.

I have completely given up taking the story and lore seriously cause blizz has completely given up taking the story and lore seriously.
    no they didn't.

and if you had given up you wouldn't be complaining about it. Giving up is actually giving up on something.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by High Priestess Ishanah View Post
    But think about it. The orcs have been utterly ruined by this. their city is screwed and SO MANY of them are dead now. even the devs describe it as "wiping out every orc in orgrimmar". how can they still be the dominant force in the horde after this?
    Logically they can't. Unless Blizzard just throws a "oh, but we kept a few hundred thousand Orcs a secret to you but here they are now".

I think Blizzard is doing something really stupid. How can Orc players be happy with this genocide of their race? Heck, Orcs are one of the core races of the franchise, alongside humans. How can they simply remove pretty much 99% of this core race from the game? It surely pisses people off. I know it pisses me off. I'm definitely not going to continue playing their franchise without my favorite race. What gave them the idea to come up with such a risky move?

Quote Originally Posted by Ziel View Post
    They probably won't be a dominant force. I mean, Vol'jin, Thrall, Baine, etc could become the warchief. Shit, Anduin and Wrathion have an equal chance as well. The orcs will most likely not control the horde any longer.

I'm rooting for the underdog, Sylvanas Windrunner, to ressurect all those orcs and add them to her Forsaken ranks. B) Edit: aaaaand take control of the horde. Forgot to put that.
    Which in turns add a new race: Undead Orcs, now that would be something..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    no they didn't.
    Oh, Garrosh wanting nothing to do with demonic power but willingly accepts old god power isn't a 180 of his character? It certainly doesn't fit his personality to be going around digging up powerful magical artifacts either, he's a warrior so he relies on brute strength not magic.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post

This about sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Oh, Garrosh wanting nothing to do with demonic power but willingly accepts old god power isn't a 180 of his character? It certainly doesn't fit his personality to be going around digging up powerful magical artifacts either, he's a warrior so he relies on brute strength not magic.
    Fel magic is corrupting, evil in nature. Old God's "power enhancments" is chaotic in nature, but isn't corrupting Garrosh. One is evil and devouring of other's energy while the other is your own emotions make you stronger. Garrosh sees the old Gods power as more honorable.

"Such power cannot be contained. It.... must be UNLEASHED" All inner strength.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah see, most garrosh fans didn't understand shit about his character, they merely presumed they understood it and didn't want to acknowledge any of the bad shit around him.

you people (yeah you do seem to be lumped into one mass, not me just saying that, you act like it) all seem to ignore what others were aware of, how garrosh was a bad seed that grew into something rotten over time.

And even now when that is exactly whats happened, your trying to turn it around and cry like children in a sandbox over it because you can't accept whats actually come to pass.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2013-09-01 at 06:51 PM.
    #boycottchina

yeah see, most garrosh fans didn't understand shit about his character, they merely presumed they understood it and didn't want to acknowledge any of the bad shit around him.

you people (yeah you do seem to be lumped into one mass, not me just saying that, you act like it) all seem to ignore what others were aware of, how garrosh was a bad seed that grew into something rotten over time.

And even now when that is exactly whats happened, your trying to turn it around and cry like children in a sandbox over it because you can't accept whats actually come to pass.
    There's Garrosh fans? where were they years ago when ppl were bitching about him? I've always hated garrosh's development and wished he was a side character while other orcs got more time to shine, but since he was put in the spot light so many times and made warchief, im upset that they didn't make him the warchief they promised. He was supposed to change during icc and cata according to a blizzard employee, something like "Who's to say he wont become a better leader before cata". They hyped him up, people didn't bite it, so they're scrapping him.

Is it wrong to be upset with the turn of events? does it make people garrosh fans, because they put up with this shitty character for nothing in the end? I'd rather him just get killed in Outland than waste all that time developing his character for nothing.

I think Blizzard is doing something really stupid. How can Orc players be happy with this genocide of their race? Heck, Orcs are one of the core races of the franchise, alongside humans. How can they simply remove pretty much 99% of this core race from the game?
    Core Horde race is Blood elves. Because stats.

It surely pisses people off. I know it pisses me off. I'm definitely not going to continue playing their franchise without my favorite race. What gave them the idea to come up with such a risky move?
    Don't you understand that you're doing Orcs a favor, by killing bloodthirst-obsessed clowns. That's what WC3 was about. Why it is problem for you now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    There's Garrosh fans? where were they years ago when ppl were bitching about him? I've always hated garrosh's development and wished he was a side character while other orcs got more time to shine, but since he was put in the spot light so many times and made warchief, im upset that they didn't make him the warchief they promised. He was supposed to change during icc and cata according to a blizzard employee, something like "Who's to say he wont become a better leader before cata". They hyped him up, people didn't bite it, so they're scrapping him.

Is it wrong to be upset with the turn of events? does it make people garrosh fans, because they put up with this shitty character for nothing in the end? I'd rather him just get killed in Outland than waste all that time developing his character for nothing.
    haha. do you know what garrosh was used for in the end. He was used as a foil to make the war happen that the horde and alliance bitched about wanting for years. And thats exactly what happened. You wanted it, you got it, and the consequence of war being people die, characters grow dark because of what war makes of them, and in the end because of the games setup, this is all they could do to make it work.

You only got yourselves to blame for asking for something to insistently without taking into account what it would lead to. But thats par of the course with the wow fanbase. Things were good before this shitty war came into it, and it comes down to you lot wanting it to happen. Well here it is, not happy about it? Big surprise!
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziel View Post
    They probably won't be a dominant force. I mean, Vol'jin, Thrall, Baine, etc could become the warchief. Shit, Anduin and Wrathion have an equal chance as well. The orcs will most likely not control the horde any longer.

I'm rooting for the underdog, Sylvanas Windrunner, to ressurect all those orcs and add them to her Forsaken ranks. B) Edit: aaaaand take control of the horde. Forgot to put that.

Sylvanas can only ressurect humans and Elfs (Hight Elfs and Blood Elf - don't know if she can do the same with the Night Elfs-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Sylvanas can only ressurect humans and Elfs (Hight Elfs and Blood Elf - don't know if she can do the same with the Night Elfs-)
    What Lor'themar says is in the audio files circumstantial and out of context. It has been established that the Val'kyr can only raise humans and Sylvanas (because of the pact).

haha. do you know what garrosh was used for in the end. He was used as a foil to make the war happen that the horde and alliance bitched about wanting for years. And thats exactly what happened. You wanted it, you got it, and the consequence of war being people die, characters grow dark because of what war makes of them, and in the end because of the games setup, this is all they could do to make it work.

You only got yourselves to blame for asking for something to insistently without taking into account what it would lead to. But thats par of the course with the wow fanbase. Things were good before this shitty war came into it, and it comes down to you lot wanting it to happen. Well here it is, not happy about it? Big surprise!
    if youre saying me along with it, then include yourself cause ive hated how wow's been going lorewise since TBC. The Scourge should never have lost, the alliance and horde forces should have dwindled to nothing by now. Knaaks god mode dragons should have just murdered each other. and multiple factions should have rised up.