High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

What classes are looking good for 5.4 Arena's

I'm thinking of playing either a Spriest, Ret Pally or a Ele shaman for 5.4 2's as an alt when I feel like a change from my resto druid. Anyone have any insight into what looks good or what I would need to know about these classes? I have no prior experience with these in PvP.

Signature done by Eis

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    any double hybrid comp is always a solid choice for 2s. any of those would be good. if you play any double hybrid comp all of those will be the kill target. ret pally i probably the easiest of those to play imo.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe a general description of what i'd be looking at for each and possible comps would be helpful! Thanks

I'm leaning towards ret and Ele sham as I've heard a lot of negatives about spriests.

Signature done by Eis

Rogues and Resto Druids. RMP with a holy priest will be back for sure.

Deleted
    Spriests dmg will get even more buffed. Ele will stay about the same but with less rng-one-shot. Not that familiar with rets and their buffs/nerfs for 5.4.

10+ Year Old Account
    as a spriest u will always get tunneled and doesnt really have any burst. ret/enha would be a solid choice. ele/boomer is also very good for 2s.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    as a spriest u will always get tunneled and doesnt really have any burst. ret/enha would be a solid choice. ele/boomer is also very good for 2s.
    I suggest you stop playing Spriest, they are in fact one of the most well rounded casters out there with really solid burst.
    For the OP, both Spriest and Elemental look to be in a very good spot come 5.4. Ret will be decent too but is very limited to comps (aka only play really well hunters) and will be therefore a bit worse in the metagame. I suggest going Spriest or Ele, both are really fun but Spriest requires more setting up whereas Elemental is fun because of the 'random' killing when your procs align. Elemental is also a really easy class to pick up in PvP so it's good to learn the basics of PvP

<3 for Shyama for this signature!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proudsnout View Post
    I suggest you stop playing Spriest, they are in fact one of the most well rounded casters out there with really solid burst. For the OP, both Spriest and Elemental look to be in a very good spot come 5.4. Ret will be decent too but is very limited to comps (aka only play really well hunters) and will be therefore a bit worse in the metagame. I suggest going Spriest or Ele, both are really fun but Spriest requires more setting up whereas Elemental is fun because of the 'random' killing when your procs align. Elemental is also a really easy class to pick up in PvP so it's good to learn the basics of PvP
    i suggest you stop assuming. who said i play a shadow priest?

im basing this all on the fact he wants to play 2s in arenas. if you play shadow or ele in 2s you will get tunneled, making it harder to play. thats all i was saying.
    Last edited by DiscoGhost; 2013-08-30 at 04:42 PM.

Enh got nurfed recently i would drop them down and maybe bring up WW monks.

this FOTM mindset is ruining the game.
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    When you are torn between three options, and wanting to play the more viable one how is this FOTM? I geniuinely enjoy all of these classes, am not going to play all of them. So I am looking for suggestions to narrow it down or to play the more viable option.

Signature done by Eis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    where have you been for the last 8 years?

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems this has became a bit too much of "pick my class".
    Locked.