Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Here's a bit of a meta image for you.

I'm left thinking: Why would a heroic progressed player care about pugs enough to want to leave?

Deleted
    Compared to for example http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/tarren-mill i would agree that outland is not a good server for PVE if you want to get far.
    But if you wanna just play and have fun and don't really care for heroic progress then outland is as good as any high pop server.

Edit: Seems like he is more concerned about recruiting than pugs. And i know for a fact how frustrating it can be to recruit on a server with almost no "good" guilds when you want awesome players that can get far :P
    Last edited by mmoc85e788c875; 2013-09-01 at 10:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post

*snip*
    I'm left thinking: Why would a heroic progressed player care about pugs enough to want to leave?
    They don't, the problem is that there aren't enough skilled players to recruit. That is the issue they find with your server. Sure your server may have a lot of players but that doesn't equate having a large and skilled raiding population, which is the only thing that people recruiting for heroic progression really care about it when it comes to server population.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post

It can mean that the players on the server aren't very "ambitious," or it can even be a case of an older server with very rigidly established guild groups, which means a lot of people aren't looking for new guilds.

I actually left a pretty well-established server myself, because the pug scene started to die down and recruitment became difficult, even though it's very populated. Sometimes it's just a thing that happens with servers and it's hard to say why.

As a heroic-progressed player myself, I do care about the quality of pugs. It's beneficial to have a geared alt a lot of the time, and being able to pug full clears of ToT makes that a lot easier. Also, if your heroic raid is missing a person on a given night, it's very important to be able to find a quality pug to fill the sot so that your guild doesn't have to skip heroics that week.

Oftentimes, when I find a good pug for Heroic raiding, or for an alt run, it's because they're the alt of a heroic raider, and they're "bored," or they're in the same situation as me, where they want to have a geared alt. Having more heroic guilds on the server increases the chances of finding those people.

Deleted
    Perhaps I'm too tired or I'm just not seeing it but I can't grasp this. It seems to be a round-about convo.

edit: Too tired it seems to even notice I forgot to blank out all the names. Ohwell, no harm can come of it.
    Last edited by mmoc6dd45b8008; 2013-09-01 at 10:13 PM.

Deleted
    Outland-EU is heavy pvp server with large amount of Stormscale-EU players just because of human racial. Ask them if they have 2.8k rated team on their realm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't Outland very PVP fixated?
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Little to no solid pugs means that raiders find it more difficult to maintain raid ready alts, which is a fairly commonly used tactic in competitive raiding
    2. Little to no solid pugs also can be indicative of a low server skill pool, meaning that recruitment often turns up less viable recruits
    3. Poor recruitment means that raiding guilds can't overcome player turnover (unavoidable) without compromising on recruit skill and this ends up having a negative effect on the guild's environment, farm and progression
    4. A guild would wish to move from such an realm so that it is easier to recruit, and maintain raid ready alts
    5. The only way to overcome the limitations of recruiting on such a realm would be cross realm recruitment, which comes with a lot more effort and risk, especially if you aren't an uber attractive guild that has players practically begging to join

This thread makes my head hurt