Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Player housing must be the most overhyped thing ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a load of garbage. "Oh Ra-Den wasn't successful because of internal testing." RUBBISH!
    Algalon and Yogg-Saron were tested internally and they were amazing bosses. Stop trying to excuse yourselves Blizzard.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see tabards have a similar thing to titles, but I understand that some tabards (argent tournie one teleports etc) have an effect and therefore it's not as easy, but it would my preference with tabards.
    For some people, not everyone, a wardrobe would be nice for storing off-spec gear. I play resto druid but when i'm out doing dailies I have guardian gear. i want to be able to do stuff while waiting for queue pops. There isn't always time to go to bank and get stuff out so you end up carrying it all.

What they did with transmog gear was great as it let you pick items that were stored in bank/void storage, without you having to withdraw them first and put them back after.

And that fan art of Org and Stormwind is incredible. I'd love it in wallpaper size!

Deleted
    orc models that look similiar as garrosh? YES PLEASE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance: Night Elves because I play them and love them (and also like Azshara, Tyrande and Ysera Models.)
    Enemy: Trolls because Mar'li looks nice (for an Troll) in Throne of Thunder

Major props to Blizz for acknowledging the awesomeness that is/was Ultima Online housing. So many aspects of an MMO I still compare to my cherry popping UO experience. <3

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Revamping Fishing has been on the to-do list for years now, but it keeps getting pushed back.
    "
    It's fine as it is. All you need to do is make the fishing pole a requirement again. The stick seems silly : P Don't fix what ain't broken!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Major props to Blizz for acknowledging the awesomeness that is/was Ultima Online housing. So many aspects of an MMO I still compare to my cherry popping UO experience. <3
    I still don't get why all the MMORPGs are stuck with the levels design.
    The skill progression in UO was much more fun and free, and end game content was not gated for young characters. I get it's way harder to balance, but this "level UP" thing is really getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Player housing must be the most overhyped thing ever.
    The hilarious thing is that next to no one would even use it. It's an absolute waste of resources so a bunch of RPers can all congregate in the same place and discuss which new lore thing they're going to incessantly complain about on the forums.

Player housing makes no sense in WoW what-so-ever. Guild housing or a Guild Hub might make more sense, but again, the game is not designed with that in mind. They can make quick surgery on the game to let a hub give you bonuses to pots or creating pots etc. and what not, but in the end it will still be just another place nobody uses outside of the 2 minutes he goes in to make whatever he is going to make with the bonuses.

The new WH40K MMO will have player and guild housing depending if you're solo or in a "guild" chapter there, in the form of "space ships" and those will be tied deeply withing the whole game, and there it makes sense to have that, but it will be like an in-game menu and equipment screen before you enter battles, where you have all your weapons and vehicles stored to call down upon planet and determine drop locations for your next chapter engagement, also there will be no major cities in that game from what I'm aware that would act as HUBs - and all of this makes perfect sense for the WH40K MMO, unlike in WoW where it would be just another instance where you could do little things as stated above.

Wildstar also offers housing and all sorts of mini benefits and it will en up just another fad and past time after the innitial rush of players. Having statues and memorabilia of defeated creatures and bosses might be nice, but it's the same crap as having an achievement - not really something I'm super excited about, also furniture, lol.

That said, I don't mind adding it to WoW, but I see no point in it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Given that nearly every single interview has talked about new Dwarf models, and most of the new NPC models have been Orcs, I'm like 90% sure the first new models will be Dwarves and Orcs.

I'm also 90% sure people will claim Horde favoritism because "nobody plays Dwarves anyway" and "Orcs are like the most important race yo".

Deleted
    Humans really?

You all play a fantasy MMO and (the majority) of you want Humans first.

All the butt hurt on me :<

Hey Bliz... just make 3 big guild guild hubs/castles etc that occupies real place (no phasing) and give it to the 3 top guilds per faction in each server. Maybe make them contestable through PvP as well. I'd love to have some real connection to the WoW other than just being a random character that cannot interact with the world.

Player housing in mmos is not interesting, except in ultima? As a former EQ(2) player I would like to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Is the WoW engine so fail that it can't support a floating city outside of Org?
    That's not really new. They couldn't put much quests in Crystalsong Forest and had to move the Argent Tournament from Crystalsong to Icecrown because Dalaran caused too much lag.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jervaise View Post
    Hey Bliz... just make 3 big guild guild hubs/castles etc that occupies real place (no phasing) and give it to the 3 top guilds per faction in each server. Maybe make them contestable through PvP as well. I'd love to have some real connection to the WoW other than just being a random character that cannot interact with the world.
    Sounds like Lineage2 Clan halls and castles

Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    What a load of garbage. "Oh Ra-Den wasn't successful because of internal testing." RUBBISH!
    Algalon and Yogg-Saron were tested internally and they were amazing bosses. Stop trying to excuse yourselves Blizzard.
    http://manaflask.com/en/articles/buz...lon-and-yogg-0

Algalon didn’t work for us, simple as that. During the first few tries, he would bug out and wouldn’t respawn, so we’d stand at the doorway with no way of reaching the boss that’s standing in the middle of the room shooting stuff at us.
    The Yogg killing experience was nothing to write home about; it was a boring and buggy boss and a war of attrition.
    My programming instincts suggest that yogg and algalon were examples of internal testing not working, same with that secret boss at the end of tier 1 cata being buggy as shit, that they decided they'd make a super simple boss that wouldn't require as intensive testing, unfortunately that made the boss boring as hell. Hence, they need better internal testing to make better encounters that don't bug out.
    Last edited by IKT; 2013-09-02 at 05:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

10+ Year Old Account
    Wheres the option on the poll to tell all the whiny piss ants to fuck off with their pointless "CHARACTER UPDATE MODELS" shit!?

Seriously stop fucking asking its getting on my tits now! They are fine as they are,if you are that needy for new models i feel so sorry for your gfs/bfs/wifes/husbands if you demand change this much!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balo View Post
    who gives a f*** about identity. Horde dont want them changed because they know they are vastly better. the biggest offender is troll with a mini blood lust and the fact that trolls can be EVERY class in the game other then palys. so you can almost have your entire raid do a personal bl/hero every 2-3 minutes which will make the difference between something dying or not.
    I think you'd be surprised just how many do care about identity. I also don't view racials as a problem whatsoever, as we are talking about a very small sub-set of raiders versus the majority of players who will play whichever race they prefer. Why should players be penalized for the choices made by ultra-min-maxers?

Blizzard does not balance around racials in PvE (and the Will of the Forsaken nerf is the single exception for PvP, I may add). If they did, then they would have rendered racials meaningless a long time ago. And chances are that if such circumstances existed, Blizzard most likely would have removed racials in their entirety by now. This is not how things are, and thank goodness for that!
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Only 25% By the time the news models are finished they will already be outdated.
    One of the things they mentioned somewhere else is that that doesn´t indicate how much longer it will take for them to finish them all. In other words, for the past year they had a couple people working on them, but now they are throwing more people into the project. I really expect character models, especially of the really poor ones ( dwarfs, humans, orcs) will be part of the next expansion.