Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Does Garrosh Hellscream actually *DIE* in Siege of Orgrimmar?

I'm curious if anyone knows what his ultimate fate will be yet? I'm personally hoping he'll live, as I think as hate-worthy as he is, he's actually one of the few genuinely interesting characters (if a bit inconsistent) left in Warcraft. Plus, killing him just seems like a pointless gesture, as he hasn't had the opportunity to actually bring anything to the story yet, whilst keeping him alive brings up the chance to see him grow as a character.

Deleted
    I was thinking this for a long time.
    But as the pile we loot him from are just his shoulders, I have no clue what happends.
    3 options.

- He can't handle the power, explodes w/e.
    - He literally puts down the "mantle" after being beaten en messed up and gets locked up / banished etc. etc.
    - He dies and due to the mutations the shoulderpads fell off.

Its proberbly not any of these as its Blizzard.
    But this is my guess.

All I know is that his lootable "corpse" is his shoulderpad.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like Blizzard to keep him alive as well. Maybe they could do an unexpected plot twist? Say, Garrosh is unkillable due to him being empowered by the Sha, so we have to imprison him. Later on we could maybe unleash him to aid us against the Burning Legion?

One can hope!
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

At first I was hoping he would have an end similar to his father, but that's clearly out the window, so I'm going with him dying but having a final moment of clarity. Then again, I could see him being redeemed and surviving, and then doing some much-needed growing.

We'll see though.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    to be fair he does'nt wear anything much besides the shoulders. looting Garrosh's Saturated Loin Cloth doesn't sound very epic.

Deleted
    Just leaving this here. (spoiler)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzw3T...rc0Fsi23xZ-bzQ

Inb4 "orgrimmar was merely a setback"

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'd say all of Cataclysm and Mists has been leading up to making his death interesting/reasonable/logical. That said I'm with you when it comes to Garrosh being an interesting character. He acts like the orcs of old and while his actions have gotten out of hand in this expansion. We have to realize that the horde has come a long way since he became Warchief. Thrall was not a very good leader, the Horde was stagnant during his leadership and Thrall seemed reluctant to put his foot down when he had to. Which imo is the reason that Garrosh got as bad as he did, he should have seen this coming since Wrath.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Milzorn View Post
    This doesn't prove anything.
    If this was true, it would also mean the siege of the Stormwind Harbor would be true.
    The things shown on the Timeless Isle are POSSIBLITIES, not the actual outcomes, as Garrosh isn´t even corrupted here.

His 'death' voice file seems to suggest he dies, at least I find it hard to imagine a character giving such a line only for it then to go 'lol he lives.'

"Nooooo...NOOOOOOO! It cannot end like this. What I...what I have seen! This world is my destiny! My...destiny...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post

His 'death' voice file seems to suggest he dies, at least I find it hard to imagine a character giving such a line only for it then to go 'lol he lives.'

"Nooooo...NOOOOOOO! It cannot end like this. What I...what I have seen! This world is my destiny! My...destiny...
    Thing is that doesn´t confirm his death...
    I mean who knows... but most likely right tho.

Maybe he gets teleported or something... leaving his shoulders behind

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the thought of beating Garrosh senseless, but it just seems like a poor choice to just kill him. Like I said, he's a character with potential for growth; I'd like to really see him deal with his failure as Warchief, suddenly aware of how atrocious some of his actions were under the grip of his own ego. To see him feel shame again, and then possibly seek to bring glory back to the now-tarnished Hellscream name. Hell, even seeing him wallow in shame for a few years, either exiled or imprisoned, would offer more potential for growth, I would think.

To Blizzard's credit, I'm actually quite interested in how the story plays-out. I just hope they don't overly-simplify it again and just kill him, as they did with Arthas.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Maybe he gets teleported or something... leaving his shoulders behind
    Aliens abduct him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    Aliens abduct him.
    Orcs are aliens too.

Watch him get sucked into the heart for eternity or something and we just lock the heart back up somewhere underground

Quote Originally Posted by Milzorn View Post
    Just leaving this here. (spoiler)

*video thing I can't include because I mostly lurk*
    Wait, they put a gnome in a cutscene for more then a half-second?

Quote Originally Posted by Deepstrider View Post
    Orcs are aliens too.
    Thank you for that astute statement, my good sir. I like totes didn't know that they were from Draenor as well.

I expect he probably does. The voice files seem to indicate that he dies, and Blizzard has never played a redemption arc with a final raid boss and let him live before. They killed Illidan and Kael'thas, both of whom were "corrupted" by demonic influence, they killed Arthas, "corrupted" by Nerzhul, they killed Deathwing, "corrupted" by N'zoth, and they will kill Garrosh, "corrupted" by Y'Shaarj.

Note that "corruption" used here is not literal, but I'm using it to indicate that they are acting under altered mental states. Arguably, Garrosh is the least influenced out of all of that group, which means he is the most able to answer for and be responsible for his actions. I don't think he's going to live, where they all have died.