Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    Watch him get sucked into the heart for eternity or something and we just lock the heart back up somewhere underground
    "Where is the heart now?"

"We have top men working on it right now."

"Who?"

"Top. Men."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I'm curious if anyone knows what his ultimate fate will be yet? I'm personally hoping he'll live, as I think as hate-worthy as he is, he's actually one of the few genuinely interesting characters (if a bit inconsistent) left in Warcraft. Plus, killing him just seems like a pointless gesture, as he hasn't had the opportunity to actually bring anything to the story yet, whilst keeping him alive brings up the chance to see him grow as a character.
    To put it simple, he's done too much to live at this point.

I like to think he dies in a similar way to Gul'dan.

He failed the Old Gods, they will take the honour of killing him.

slime

maybe it doesnt matter but it seems weird that they would give him a new model only to just have him die

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I expect he probably does. The voice files seem to indicate that he dies, and Blizzard has never played a redemption arc with a final raid boss and let him live before. They killed Illidan and Kael'thas, both of whom were "corrupted" by demonic influence, they killed Arthas, "corrupted" by Nerzhul, they killed Deathwing, "corrupted" by N'zoth, and they will kill Garrosh, "corrupted" by Y'Shaarj.

Note that "corruption" used here is not literal, but I'm using it to indicate that they are acting under altered mental states. Arguably, Garrosh is the least influenced out of all of that group, which means he is the most able to answer for and be responsible for his actions. I don't think he's going to live, where they all have died.
    Yeah, it definitely seems unlikely, given all of the reasons you've stated. I just *hope* they do something different this time around, because it's sort of depressing for every character who exhibits any sort of personality to become a raid-boss : /

Quote Originally Posted by TmrAsakura View Post
    maybe it doesnt matter but it seems weird that they would give him a new model only to just have him die
    Not really. A lot of raid bosses have pretty unique models "just to die." Just look at C'thun, Illidan, Ragnaros, Legarnos (very similar to Garrosh-- massive update/rework of an existing model), Algalon, Yogg-saron, The Lich King, Empress Shek'zeer, etc.

Add to that, he's a "test" for the updated Orc player model.

Quote Originally Posted by lagmoose View Post
    "Where is the heart now?"

"We have top men working on it right now."

"Who?"

"Top. Men."
    lol nice, this made me laugh

After Garrosh dunked the Heart of Y'Shaarj into the pools, any remaining chance of him living at the end of the Siege of Orgrimmar (which wasn't that high to begin with) evaporated.

At this point there are so many people that want his head that one of them is just about guaranteed to finish the job.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post

His 'death' voice file seems to suggest he dies, at least I find it hard to imagine a character giving such a line only for it then to go 'lol he lives.'

"Nooooo...NOOOOOOO! It cannot end like this. What I...what I have seen! This world is my destiny! My...destiny...
    Well, that's your interpretation. It could also just be his reaction to seeing his dream shattered, it doesn't straight up confirm his death.

I hope he lives, I find him an interesting character and a good addition to the story. And I still want to see Garrosh beat up some giant demons being the most powerful uncorrupted Orc and all, I always thought that was his destiny. I think it would be lame to just end it here.

Don't you think it's a bit odd that Blizzard took the time to make a brand new model for Garrosh if he's going to die? His previous model was rather decent so if he dies it will really sound like a waste of time to me.

Deleted
    No, as it all goes down, he sees the corruption in what he did, and then a old god bash up and he redems himselfs by sacrifising himself

Deleted
    Arthas didn't have a * real* model till near the end of lich king. He was simply an up-scaled human for most of the expansion.

New model doesn't mean he can't be dead, and I really hope he stays dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillstream View Post
    Arthas didn't have a * real* model till near the end of lich king. He was simply an up-scaled human for most of the expansion.
    The Lich king model was pretty unique, unique animations, unique idle animations and such.

It just didn't have a Death animation because any LK model isn't supposed to "die" until 3.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Twy View Post
    Don't you think it's a bit odd that Blizzard took the time to make a brand new model for Garrosh if he's going to die? His previous model was rather decent so if he dies it will really sound like a waste of time to me.
    Not if it's just going to be used for new player Orc Models anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    I'd like Blizzard to keep him alive as well. Maybe they could do an unexpected plot twist? Say, Garrosh is unkillable due to him being empowered by the Sha, so we have to imprison him. Later on we could maybe unleash him to aid us against the Burning Legion?

One can hope!
    If only he was also blind, and had longer ears..

10+ Year Old Account
    He prob will but i hope not...We are quickly running out of enemy factions >.< What do we have left? naga,old gods,burning legion and "defeated" factions eg scourge et al? :S

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    Aliens abduct him.
    He suddenly reappears in Orgrimmar in patch 6.1, shouting that they're here and being probed really is as unpleasant as it sounds.

well with all horde favoritism hype going around if they dont kill garrosh after what he did on theramore and also what he did to prince of stormwind on top of alliance getting nothing out of almost conquering orgrimmar ,things are not gonna turn good

just let us kill him and be done with it..

There's definitely something up with his shoulders being the only lootable thing.

I mean, wasn't Arthas' body lootable, yet his body is MIA or something? Seems odd that if Garrosh dies, his body isn't there, or any trace of it even.

Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    well with all horde favoritism hype going around if they dont kill garrosh after what he did on theramore and also what he did to prince of stormwind on top of alliance getting nothing out of almost conquering orgrimmar ,things are not gonna turn good

just let us kill him and be done with it..
    horde favoritism
    storming orgrimmar and dethroning our warchief isn't good enough for you greedy alliance?

slime