Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    We want all players to be able to experience all content. But we especially want heroic raiders to experience content. We love them the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerakal View Post
    We want all players to be able to experience all content. But we especially want heroic raiders to experience content. We love them the most.
    Spot the entitled casual

Not entirely unexpected. I had a feeling it would either be HC phase or silly mechanic like Shadow Trap or Corrupting Parasite.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

10+ Year Old Account
    Rewarding effort is a bad thing.
    More news at 11.
    I'm sure you and your friends will be able to see the phase 3 expansions from now when you have more health than Garrosh. Don't fret.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

10+ Year Old Account
    I know right? It's so silly that we're letting non-heroic raiders kill Garrosh, they should only be able to try and attack Garrosh, get stunned and wait for Thrall to slowly whittle him down.

I dunno, but it sounds so cool I'm almost wishing I was back doing heroic raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    It's pretty standard fare, yeah. Sha of Fear had his own Heroic-only phase, as did Ragnaros, so it's not unusual at all. I kind of figured that might be what the SW harbor files were for.
    Well, unless you count "inside the blade" in the LK fight, it'll be the first end of expansion boss fight with a Heroic only phase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    Not entirely unexpected. I had a feeling it would either be HC phase or silly mechanic like Shadow Trap or Corrupting Parasite.
    Shadow traps were amazing ^^
    I survived 2010 Summer in Moscow without leaving city for a single day!

The Heroic-only phases for Ragnaros and Sha of Fear were very well done; I look forward to seeing what Garrosh does.

Thing I wonder is if it completely replaces Phase 3; having him get his life back a third time sounds redundant.
    Last edited by arcaneshot; 2013-09-02 at 06:44 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    go back to lfr
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Deleted
    Pretty much called it when I saw how Sha-infested the other 'Garrosh takes your raid to another realm!1'' areas were. Stormwind just looked like another one of those areas, but one that hadn't been in the normal vids I'd seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    On HC Garrosh looks to me to be the hardest fight I'm ever going to see in this game. Seriously, it's going to be insane.
    Can't tell if sarcastic, speculation, or HC Garrosh's abilities are in the DJ on PTR somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    That's kinda odd honestly, not too long ago they posted that the SW Burning was from a vision you saw on the Timeless Isle during a quest.
    Might be for both. You see it in Timeless Isle, but experience it with Heroic Garrosh.

Makes sense, also reusing assets in a smart way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ironfists View Post
    Lfr players will complain that they wont be able to see the content
    Not sure if this is a joke, but in any case this kind of prestige and reward is exactly what heroic raiding needs. I say give normal something too. Seeing new areas that not many will see is much more fun than having a little better loot.

Note, I don't raid anything at the moment.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's great for an end boss especially to have a special phase attached to it. I personally will not see it, but in videos I will

PS. Can some of you quit bashing on LFR here or casuals etc.

I don't know what the devs want to achieve with the Garrosh fight. Even the normal mode version feels like it does not fit with all those "Sha realm" phases. This heroic only phase doesn't fit even more. Very disappointed by now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    I don't know what the devs want to achieve with the Garrosh fight. Even the normal mode version feels like it does not fit with all those "Sha realm" phases. This heroic only phase doesn't fit even more. Very disappointed by now
    What do you mean?
    In the sha realm phases he's siphoning the power from the heart. The quicker you get to him and interrupt him siphoning the heart, the less powerful (less empowered abilities) he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Noooooooooooooo I have to go back to Heroic raiding now... There goes my "I won't play this game at a competitive level anymore"

On topic : heroic only phases are fun, I'm happy that they did it in every tier this expansion ! (I consider Ra-den as a phase I know)

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    What do you mean?
    In the sha realm phases he's siphoning the power from the heart. The quicker you get to him and interrupt him siphoning the heart, the less powerful (less empowered abilities) he is.
    That's not what I meant. It's about the feeling of the fight. Just like Sha of Fear... the fight itself will be hard, but it doesn't feel right.

In my opinion, there is 2 ways to make a heroic fight.

Way 1 -
    Make the fight entirely different, such as Sha of Fear, heroic only bosses, and to some extent Ragnaros.

Way 2 -
    Add a couple of abilities that dramatically alter the way you execute the fight, if we just look at end bosses, Lich King did this very well, few mechanics but forced new strategies, or forced you to actually do the proper strategy and not mess about. Lei Shen had it fairly similar, very few actual changes, but it forced you to use a proper strategy and not just wing it like a lot of normal modes are.

If we talk purely about heroic fights, then my favorite are where they use one of these methods, sometimes however they resort to just adding an ability that requires something new, but doesn't affect the fight as it already is, or they just increase health with 1 more or less irrelevent ability, say Durumu, he has the ice walls, and they're cool and interact with the current abilities, but the debuff he puts is largely irrelevent and offer nothing to do the fight other than something more for healers.

Also, I wish they would only make heroic modes when they had a cool design for it, and not just because there had to be a heroic mode.

I prefer the 2nd option, because it's more engaging, whenever the 1st option is used you just kinda sit there for a while doing the normal mode with increased numbers before getting to the actual heroic part of the fight, there is a lot of examples in figths where this is the case.
    Last edited by Kiea; 2013-09-02 at 09:46 AM.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ironfists View Post
    Lfr players will complain that they wont be able to see the content
    No they won't you really underestimate people who do lfr, most are just happy to be able to progress from 5mans. I don't think i've ever seen a single person in my entire time ingame/ browswing mmochampion complain that they didn't get to see ragnaros's legs