Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Everyone will be able to faceroll Heroic Garrosh once the monthly % nerfs peak right before the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Everyone will be able to faceroll Heroic Garrosh once the monthly % nerfs peak right before the next expansion.
    So ?
    /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Did you ignore the front page interview?
    ~_~
    i did. haha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ironfists View Post
    Lfr players will complain that they wont be able to see the content
    The normal-mode only raiders will probably (or even more likely) do so, too.
    There was quite a bit of QQ back when Ragnaros had it's heroic only phase - because said raiders were mad that they couldn't see everything and couldn't really kill him.

Garrosh should just flee in every difficulty but heroic.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-09-02 at 12:36 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just like every previous end boss I don't see the problem.

Deleted
    Was there complaints about Sha of Fear HC only phase? No.
    Was there complaints about Ra-den? No.
    Will there be complaints about Garrosh phase? No.

Take your complaint somewhere else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one hoping that the extra phase has Giant Garrosh floating above a sha-destroyed Stormwind Harbour, infusing the impaled corpses of your faction leaders with sha energy and making you fight against them? Probably

I thought they weren't doing this anymore? % monthly nerfs completely ruin the experience in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    Am I the only one hoping that the extra phase has Giant Garrosh floating above a sha-destroyed Stormwind Harbour, infusing the impaled corpses of your faction leaders with sha energy and making you fight against them? Probably
    Probably ;P
    However I think they can do something very, very interesting and fun with that phase. They can also make it incredibly bad; only time will tell.
    I thought they weren't doing this anymore? % monthly nerfs completely ruin the experience in my opinion.
    I don't think they'll do it, no (perhaps small targeted nerfs or gear inflation, but who cares about that). Anyways it doesn't change much, does it? 6 months down the line everyone will be able to faceroll it at lvl 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    At best, 5-6 months in should reduce health by 10% or something(assuming new expansion in ~9 months after 5.4 launches).

I wonder how the fight plays out then.

Maybe when when he goes Hulk Mode in Phase 3 on Heroic he also transports everyone to his vision of Stormwind.

Not just that, but instead of his health going back to I think 20% he's back at about 45% or 50% and the fight is just insane from there.

All those empowered abilities plus some new ones would be crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Probably ;P
    However I think they can do something very, very interesting and fun with that phase. They can also make it incredibly bad; only time will tell.

I don't think they'll do it, no (perhaps small targeted nerfs or gear inflation, but who cares about that). Anyways it doesn't change much, does it? 6 months down the line everyone will be able to faceroll it at lvl 100.
    Well it's odd. In his Dungeon Journal on the PTR, does it say anything about his fight on Heroic?

They might be waiting until 5.4 is live to fully update his Dungeon Journal.

OR they're keeping it a secret.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Nope, that is why Blizzard also decided to have the vision as part of the weekly quest. Everyone wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    No they won't you really underestimate people who do lfr, most are just happy to be able to progress from 5mans. I don't think i've ever seen a single person in my entire time ingame/ browswing mmochampion complain that they didn't get to see ragnaros's legs
    They didn't have lfr then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    After you have farmed the content for 3 months there isn't really much of an experience to ruin tbh...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    They didn't have lfr then.
    We now do, so let's compare it to Ra-Den. A lot more normal mode raiders complained about not being able to see/fight Ra-Den than LFR-only players.
    Honestly, I really doubt that LFR players will complain about a heroic only phase.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-09-02 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baenesur View Post
    Was there complaints about Ra-den? No.
    Oh there were definitely complaints lol, but not being able to fight Ra-den in a lower difficulty isn't one of them.

I was pretty disappointed and then I watched the reg version and was satisfied that this wouldn't be sha of fear 2.0.

So as long as garrosh stays intricate in regular and isn't tank and spank like regular sha, I'll be content for now. And truth be told I'm going to speculate this last tier will be out long enough for them to nerf the content, I really feel like we're going to be raiding this tier for 7-9 months.

Deleted
    I find it appropriate that they do special zones/phases in heroic since it tremendously changes the encounter instead of just enhancing it. Thats what the other 11 bosses are there for. I would be pretty mad if it turned out like madness where it was exactly the same sht with the exception of the parasite and the healing goo.

Also if people really wanted to see content then change LFR (simple one shot abilities and tune down all numbers) so that you actually DIE for standing in a f-ing voidzone and remove loot since there is nothing do use gear on after you see the content. If Timeless Isle mobs go live as they are on the PTR then half the island is harder than all LFR's put together.
    Last edited by mmoc7d8146013b; 2013-09-03 at 02:58 AM.

As the hourglass grows more powerful, he will send you to the Siege of Orgrimmar to look at one of the most devastating timeways you can find, which is the scene you see below. This uses the damaged Stormwind Harbor area we posted a few weeks ago."
    TBH, if I was making a "worst-case scenario" timeway (End Time 2) for 5.4, it would look something like this:

-More than half of Azeroth reduced to a burning wasteland.
    -Azeroth's population drops to about 1/5 Vanilla levels.
    -The Pandaren have completely died off due to the Sha corruption in the Vale.
    -The seat of power has moved away from Orgrimmary and Stormwind because there is so much turmoil and warfare amongst and between the Alliance and Horde that no authoirty really exists there.
    -Azeroth comes to the very edge of destruction because characters have chosen to seek warfare and glory rather than compassion and wisdom, and because they refused to care for their visionaries, and because of their arrogance and violence. Individual races have broken up or seceded, the Horde and Alliance have lost most of their power and no longer govern completely and lawlessness will reign throughout Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms as well as tremendous anarchy and crime - sort of like the Los Angeles riots spread planet-wide.
    -Normal citizens are shown keeping themselves hidden from all this, barricading themselves into their homes or whatever they had gathered together for security. Many children don't go to school, commerce as we know it has pretty much ceased, many people are starving to death, there is terrible violence from people who seem like roving gangs -- it is pretty much the most awful scene of confusion and turmoil imaginable.

That would be a pretty awesome instance.

From what I gather, the timeless isle version is if you fail to kill heroic Garrosh (basically a vision of an alternate/possible future). During the heroic Garrosh fight, all the alliance and horde leaders must be present. If you fail to kill him, he impales them all on the spikes in the harbor (as seen in the timeless isle version of the fight). This seems to be a logical step to connect the two.

I feel like this also brings the Alliance a stronger role of the story line having Stormwind be part of the fight sequence and possibly where the next Horde leader is chosen.