Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    nah i think housing is a waste of time they got better stuff to do :P

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They don't want lively cities, they want a lively world. To say the cities are dead would be considered a measure of success for them, player housing would run contrary to that.

By the same measure, if people aren't going to be using their housing because there's enough to do in the world, then what's the point in it?
    Why can't we have both?!

Fun housing and a lively world.

Are you a hermit in real life who has never gone to your area's "city" because you can do everything at home? Or are you a homeless hobo in real life living on the streets because there is no point in having a home you "don't use"?
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2013-09-02 at 12:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Then they should remove the Dungeon Finder/Scenarios and BG queues.
    That would kill them in a different way, as players would lose access to content and they'd leave the game altogether.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    I can see why decorating a house/apartment of your own can become boring after a point. But imagine a ship of your own, and a grander one for your guild. Other than decorating and stuff, it would also serve as transit. Imagine you get a vast sea to explore, Wind Waker style, with your ship that technically serves as a mobile house.

I think that's far more interesting than an instanced room in Orgrimmar/Stormwind. Sunsong Ranch gave a taste of player housing and it's not that interesting besides serving as a renewable source for prof materials. Put that shit on a boat I say.
    Apartment? Where is your imagination? I want a freaking castle! You can even make the castle mobile,

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually like having a sort of private space right now aka the Tillers farm, would love housing, designing a small house and farmland (possibly with your own small farm of 16 lots, or space them around like 4x4 somewhere?). Would be amazing.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That would kill them in a different way, as players would lose access to content and they'd leave the game altogether.
    I can't access the AH when not in the cities. OMG, I "lose access to content". /ragequit

REally don't get the point of PLayer housing.
    IT would just be instanced rooms that no-one saw but you, and even then why would you hang there if there are no people / auction house etc there?

Now Guild Airships (that can actually be steered and with offensive capabilities) would be awesome!!
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Houses are useless for me, I don't need that.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Apartment? Where is your imagination? I want a freaking castle! You can even make the castle mobile,

http://www.wowwiki.com/Town-In-A-Box

10+ Year Old Account
    Why can't we have both?!

Fun housing and a lively world.

Are you a hermit in real life and never head to your area's "city" because you can do everything at home? Or are you a homeless hobo in real life living on the streets because there is no point in having a home you "don't use"?
    Because I'm neither of those in real life, I tend to spend time in game doing stuff in the world/instances; if I am AFKing in a city, it's because my attention is on my TV or something. I'd probably log out altogether rather than sit in a player house looking at the same four walls.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have taken player housing over pet battles but that's just personal opinion. They are both basically pointless to me. Another personal opinion.

Deleted
    You have a farm with a little house with it... theres your player housing gg!

So how would decorating it even work?

Would you get a new lamp dropped off the Sha of Pride, and then you can get matching drapes drop off Garrosh?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Player housing honestly does not make much sense in a game like WoW. Only way I could see it kind of work would be guild housing, but it depends on how it was implemented. Would be fun having a personal place for your guild mates to hang out in from time to time at least.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because I'm neither of those in real life, I tend to spend time in game doing stuff in the world/instances; if I am AFKing in a city, it's because my attention is on my TV or something. I'd probably log out altogether rather than sit in a player house looking at the same four walls.
    Who the heck asked you to sit in a house and stare at the walls? That's like going into a 5-man and stare at the walls there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    So how would decorating it even work?

Would you get a new lamp dropped off the Sha of Pride, and then you can get matching drapes drop off Garrosh?
    NPCs can sell/give as quest reward the mundane stuff like lamps and tables.

You can hang trophies from boss kills on your wall. Maybe even old armor.

The possibilities are endless.

Deleted
    There's a difference between "not getting the message" and not agreeing with it.

Blizzard don't think it's a particularly interesting thing to invest a heap of time into developing, and I agree with them - I'd rather have some real content than an instanced house maker - lego will do a far better job than blizzard ever could if you want to create a house.

I'd say Guild Halls are the answer here. There literally only has to be one hall in every main city, it's shared by guildees (which would take care of the "no one can ever see it" thing), and the decoration changes based on your achievements. The goal could be to create an environment for you to meet new guildees and build relationships (bringing more community back to the game).

Don't see the down side here, and I think they are missing out on a great community building opportunity.

Player housing is a waste of time. There are much bigger issues in the game that need attention. This is not a life simulator, guys. As for RP, its not difficult to have a home in your little fantasy story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who the heck asked you to sit in a house and stare at the walls? That's like going into a 5-man and stare at the walls there.
    Well exactly. What purpose does it serve other than that? You mention collecting doodads? I'd prefer the art team to be working on armour and weapons and instances etc. They seem pretty stretched to be working on weird "mundane" things like lamps and tables.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Edit: I forgot to mention that is very strange that my rp character has existed in the world of warcraft for 9 years now and still has no house. I just find it odd I have to make him sit in an inn if wants to sleep.
    This would be the only reason for me to want player housing.

I can see it being useful though: add a 'wardrobe' (instead of void storage), a 'toy closet' and a 'showcase' for storing your fun/vanity items, but since I'm not really interested in any of that I'd probably neglect my house.