Concensus on FFIV?

I haven't bought the game yet (tight budget) and its hard to judge how people really view the game as a while from the megathread. So, thoughts?

Bonus: Personally, as a lover of vanilla/tbc era, does the game appeal to that crowd (like wildstar is trying to do), or the LFR crowd? (Not hating, just saying they're two different groups.)

this thread will be locked but I believe the consensus is that the game is good but it's having a horrible launch

Quote Originally Posted by The Pro View Post
    I haven't bought the game yet (tight budget) and its hard to judge how people really view the game as a while from the megathread. So, thoughts?

Bonus: Personally, as a lover of vanilla/tbc era, does the game appeal to that crowd (like wildstar is trying to do), or the LFR crowd? (Not hating, just saying they're two different groups.)
    Yes. You can tell due to diameter of their skulls and slope of their foreheads, right?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Please keep questions/discussion of FFXIV to the megathread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...al-Fantasy-XIV